booting up don't work

I have a HP Pavillion PC running Windows ME. The machine will not boot up.
As soon as I press the power button there is a blue screen with the HP logo
on it and thats where it stops. I have tried to boot with the system
recovery disks, didn't work. I tried to boot it from a Windows 2000 CD, that
didn't work either.

Any help?
38 answers Last reply
More about booting work

    In article <23F486C1-4F7A-495B-B78D-0313D32D1FAD@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
    a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...

    > I have a HP Pavillion PC running Windows ME. The machine will not boot up.
    > As soon as I press the power button there is a blue screen with the HP logo
    > on it and thats where it stops. I have tried to boot with the system
    > recovery disks, didn't work. I tried to boot it from a Windows 2000 CD, that
    > didn't work either.

    > Any help?

    It seems that it is not even passing POST. Any beeps?

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard

    In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
    a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...

    > It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard

    So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
    Invent" screen appears?

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

    ROFL
    There are many times when I agree, give me my cats anyday <vbg>
    Joan

    Noel Paton wrote:

    > "All infants between the ages of 3 weeks and 30 years should be euthanised"
    > (c) Noel, AD 2005
    >
    > Ho Hum.....
    >
    > (some may think I jest - I think I jest! - but.....)

    ROFL
    That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic though. <g>
    Joan

    Rick T wrote:

    > http://shroomery.org/ythan/kidhunt/

    Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
    contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the early
    symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
    stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
    Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind

    P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some feedback.

    "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > ROFL
    > That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic though.
    <g>
    > Joan
    >
    > Rick T wrote:
    >

    > > http://shroomery.org/ythan/kidhunt/

    .....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......

    It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A couple
    of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
    goggles....

    Mart

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
    > contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the early
    > symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
    > stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
    > Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind
    >
    > P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some
    > feedback.
    >

    > "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> ROFL
    >> That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic though.
    > <g>
    >> Joan
    >>
    >> Rick T wrote:
    >>

    >> > http://shroomery.org/ythan/kidhunt/

    > ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
    >
    > It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    > hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
    > couple of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without
    > your goggles....

    Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>

    Jan :)

    Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good, 8
    year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you are
    right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the beast.
    But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will have
    a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna build a
    screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
    Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
    >
    > It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    > hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
    couple
    > of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
    > goggles....
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
    > > contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the
    early
    > > symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
    > > stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
    > > Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind
    > >
    > > P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some
    > > feedback.
    > >

    > > "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> ROFL
    > >> That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic
    though.
    > > <g>
    > >> Joan

    Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? - Well,
    at least addictive, for sure <g>

    Mart

    "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
    >> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
    >>
    >> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    >> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
    >> couple of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without
    >> your goggles....
    >
    > Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
    >
    > Jan :)

    "Pinkeye" can be caused by a number of things, but it's also caused by a
    virus or bacteriae, which is what H seems to have got hisself.

    Rick

    Mart wrote:
    > Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? - Well,
    > at least addictive, for sure <g>
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
    >>>
    >>>It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    >>>hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
    >>>couple of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without
    >>>your goggles....
    >>
    >>Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
    >>
    >>Jan :)

    Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
    Heirloom, old and way OT here

    heirloom wrote:
    > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good, 8
    > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you are
    > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the beast.

    heheh, 22" ancient IBM monitor here, I gotta wear a welding mask.

    Rick

    Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
    tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to know
    it's now on the mend.

    Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
    disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
    applies to the NG's too <g>

    > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good, 8
    > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you are
    > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
    > beast.
    > But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
    > have
    > a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna build
    > screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
    > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
    >
    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
    >>
    >> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    >> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
    > couple
    >> of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
    >> goggles....
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
    >> > contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the
    > early
    >> > symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
    >> > stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
    >> > Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind
    >> >
    >> > P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some
    >> > feedback.
    >> >

    >> > "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > though.
    >> > <g>

    Sorry to hear about your problem Heirloom, hope it clears up for you soon.
    Joan

    heirloom wrote:
    > Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
    > contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the early
    > symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
    > stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
    > Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind

    Fancy picking on him in his hour of need <vbg>
    Joan

    Mart wrote:

    > It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    > hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A couple
    > of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
    > goggles....
    >
    > Mart
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I expect Heirloom will get him back for that Jan <g>
    Joan

    Jan Il wrote:

    > Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
    >
    > Jan :)

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    We wouldn't want to be without him now would we <g>
    Joan

    Mart wrote:
    > Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? - Well,
    > at least addictive, for sure <g>
    >
    > Mart
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Yes but that's what makes it such fun in here <g>
    Joan

    heirloom wrote:

    > Heirloom, old and way OT here

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    <lol> Do you think they're ready for you <g>
    Joan

    heirloom wrote:

    > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > I expect Heirloom will get him back

    As night follows day, Joan

    Mart

    >I expect Heirloom will get him back for that Jan <g>
    > Joan
    >
    > Jan Il wrote:
    >

    >> Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
    >>
    >> Jan :)

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Oh, Mart........this ol' skin is too tough for anything to easily get under
    it. We've been 'cyber' friends too long for that. Eye is much better
    today, almost back to normal.....an early response to the condition helped.

    This NG is, by far, the best I have ever seen.....most of that attributable
    to the 'laid back' atmosphere while maintaining attention to user's issues.
    No doubt, the best of both worlds. (....and it may be the XP NG that will
    be in for a 'culture change', lol).

    Sheesh, Rick.....22" CRT?.....it is a wonder that Homeland Security hasn't
    paid you a visit......you should rent it out for tanning.
    Heirloom, old and need an oil change

    > Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
    > tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to
    know
    > it's now on the mend.
    >
    > Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
    > disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
    > applies to the NG's too <g>
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good,
    8
    > > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you
    are
    > > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
    > > beast.
    > > But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
    > > have
    > > a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna
    build
    > > screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
    > > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
    > >
    > > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > >> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
    > >>
    > >> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
    > >> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
    > > couple
    > >> of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
    > >> goggles....
    > >>
    > >> Mart
    > >>

    > >> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > > early

    > > though.

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
    > Heirloom, old and way OT here

    You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
    something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.

    So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)

    'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
    that...

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> "Pinkeye" can be caused by a number of things, but it's also caused by a
    >> virus or bacteriae, which is what H seems to have got hisself.
    >>
    >> Rick
    >>
    >> Mart wrote:
    >> > Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? -
    > Well,
    >> > at least addictive, for sure <g>
    >> >
    >> > Mart
    >> >

    >> > "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message

    > without

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    >I expect Heirloom will get him back for that Jan <g>
    > Joan

    Yup....soon's he can get's one eye on the keyboard again...<g>

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    > Jan Il wrote:
    >

    >> Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
    >>
    >> Jan :)

  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    >......you should rent it out for tanning.
    > Heirloom, old and need an oil change

    Whadda ya mean "should', I've aleady sent him my reservation. What with
    that power, the tan should last the whole summer! The tanning salons around
    here should be named "Bake and Go" However, it is a rather cheap face peel.
    It's the taxidermy look for several weeks after that is a bit difficult to
    deal with. But, better BOF than TM I guess, and less blood letting.

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    ..

    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >> Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
    >> tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to
    > know
    >> it's now on the mend.
    >>
    >> Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
    >> disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
    >> applies to the NG's too <g>
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good,
    > 8
    >> > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you
    > are
    >> > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
    >> > beast.
    >> > But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
    >> > have
    >> > a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna
    > build
    >> > screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
    >> > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
    >> >
    >> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

    >> > couple

    >> > early
    > nasty

    >> > though.

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > <lol> Do you think they're ready for you <g>
    > Joan

    Heh ....not a chance......;o))

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    > heirloom wrote:
    >
    >> Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > Eye is much better
    > today, almost back to normal.....an early response to the condition
    > helped.

    Glad to hear you are getting better. Had that when I was a kid, I did. Got
    it from school, along with wood ticks and head lice. Made for an
    interesting week at our house. Didja see that sci-fi movie about where they
    employees got contaminated with radiation and had to go through this highly
    sophisticated shower thingie to get decontaminated? "k....now...try with a
    garden hose with a yard fertilizer bottle full of some kind of sheep dip on
    the end, out in the back yard in mid-November, and me in just a bathing
    suit. Needless to say, that was something along the lines of the Keystone
    Kops Great Chase. Then they had to fill my eyes with some kind of drops
    that burned like when you poke yourself with a Big Lash mascara wand and
    wrap them with gauze to "keep me from going blind!" It's enough to make a
    kid pray for home schooling!

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    > This NG is, by far, the best I have ever seen.....most of that
    > attributable
    > to the 'laid back' atmosphere while maintaining attention to user's
    > issues.
    > No doubt, the best of both worlds. (....and it may be the XP NG that will
    > be in for a 'culture change', lol).
    >
    > Sheesh, Rick.....22" CRT?.....it is a wonder that Homeland Security hasn't
    > paid you a visit......you should rent it out for tanning.
    > Heirloom, old and need an oil change
    >

    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >> Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
    >> tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to
    > know
    >> it's now on the mend.
    >>
    >> Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
    >> disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
    >> applies to the NG's too <g>
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good,
    > 8
    >> > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you
    > are
    >> > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
    >> > beast.
    >> > But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
    >> > have
    >> > a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna
    > build
    >> > screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
    >> > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
    >> >
    >> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

    >> > couple

    >> > early
    > nasty

    >> > though.

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Jan II,
    I was surrounded by two-legged pinballs, bouncing off of every
    surface in the Dr.'s office (I was there for a tetanus shot, due to having a
    piece of rusty wire poked through my finger). And, yes, I probably touched
    something contaminated (totally unavoidable) and then touched my eye.....you
    can bet I didn't touch any more than I had to....sure glad they don't have
    "pink" other things!!!
    Heirloom, old and glad the NG has been spayed for OT

    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
    > > Heirloom, old and way OT here
    >
    > You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
    > something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.
    >
    > So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)
    >
    > 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
    > that...
    >
    > Jan :)
    > MS MVP - IE/OE
    > Smiles are meant to be shared,
    > that's why they're so contagious.
    >

    > > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Pinkeye" can be caused by a number of things, but it's also caused by
    > >> virus or bacteriae, which is what H seems to have got hisself.
    > >>
    > >> Rick

    > > Well,

    > > without

  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "Spayed" for OT?? Were you at a veterinarian's office.....or a doctor's,
    grin.

    One good thing here in Toronto since SARS, is that ALL medical places,
    including for instance, my dermatologist's office today.....have a large
    bottle of special antiseptic handwash that you absolutely have to use when
    you come in......and when you leave. We got rather used to that because
    Ron was in and out of hospitals just as SARS started shutting them down. We
    had to wear masks as well and have our temperature taken every time we went
    into one.

    Now a lot of them just insist on the handwash.....which I think is a good
    idea and just might have helped you with all the rugrats and their grubby
    little paws!!

    Cheers.....Figgs

    > Jan II,
    > I was surrounded by two-legged pinballs, bouncing off of every
    > surface in the Dr.'s office (I was there for a tetanus shot, due to having
    > piece of rusty wire poked through my finger). And, yes, I probably
    touched
    > something contaminated (totally unavoidable) and then touched my
    eye.....you
    > can bet I didn't touch any more than I had to....sure glad they don't have
    > "pink" other things!!!
    > Heirloom, old and glad the NG has been spayed for OT
    >
    > "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > > > Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
    > > > Heirloom, old and way OT here
    > >
    > > You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
    > > something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.
    > >
    > > So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)
    > >
    > > 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
    > > that...
    > >
    > > Jan :)
    > > MS MVP - IE/OE
    > > Smiles are meant to be shared,
    > > that's why they're so contagious.
    > >

    > > > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

    > contagious? -
    > > > Well,

    > > > without

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    ROFL
    Nice one Jan.
    Joan

    Jan Il wrote:

    > 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
    > that...
    >
    > Jan :)
    > MS MVP - IE/OE
    > Smiles are meant to be shared,
    > that's why they're so contagious.

  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    <lol> Can you imagine the reaction from some of those netcops <vbg>
    Joan

    Jan Il wrote:

    > Heh ....not a chance......;o))
    >
    > Jan :)
    > MS MVP - IE/OE
    > Smiles are meant to be shared,
    > that's why they're so contagious.

  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > Jan II,
    > I was surrounded by two-legged pinballs, bouncing off of every
    > surface in the Dr.'s office (I was there for a tetanus shot, due to having
    > piece of rusty wire poked through my finger). And, yes, I probably
    > touched
    > something contaminated (totally unavoidable) and then touched my
    > eye.....you
    > can bet I didn't touch any more than I had to....sure glad they don't have
    > "pink" other things!!!
    > Heirloom, old and glad the NG has been spayed for OT

    Lol! Ah yes...the 'ol "I got it at the Dr's Office" routine. <g> They say
    the most contaminated objects anywhere are doorknobs/handles, as they rarely
    get cleaned. So, yea...it is easy to pick up stuff most anywhere. More and
    more doctors seem to be moving away more these days from the gender colors,
    so you will see less pink and blue at the doctors offices. They are into
    more upscale decor, such as Puce and Coolant lime green, or Braised Mustard
    and Verminllion.

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    > "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
    >> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
    >> > Heirloom, old and way OT here
    >>
    >> You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
    >> something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.
    >>
    >> So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)
    >>
    >> 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
    >> that...
    >>
    >> Jan :)
    >> MS MVP - IE/OE
    >> Smiles are meant to be shared,
    >> that's why they're so contagious.
    >>

    >> > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

    > contagious? -
    >> > Well,

    >> > without

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > "Spayed" for OT??

    We do that now? I know I've been away on and off, but......we used to just
    spray for it. Someone must have gotten into some wayyyy serious drift!
    8-o!!

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.
  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > <lol> Can you imagine the reaction from some of those netcops <vbg>
    > Joan

    They'll be begging to turn in their 'shields'! The fun ones are those from
    Usenet.... <vbeg>

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - IE/OE
    Smiles are meant to be shared,
    that's why they're so contagious.

    > Jan Il wrote:
    >

    >> Heh ....not a chance......;o))
    >>
    >> Jan :)
    >> MS MVP - IE/OE
    >> Smiles are meant to be shared,
    >> that's why they're so contagious.

  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    There is absolutely nothing happening. The fans all start up and the
    harddrive spins but nothing happens.
    "N. Miller" wrote:

    > In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
    > a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...
    >
    > > It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard
    >
    > So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
    > Invent" screen appears?
    >
    > --
    > Norman
    > ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
    > ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    > ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Are you able to get into Safe Mode? (Ctrl, F8 or Shift keys at bootup)

    If not, try booting with your WinMe Start-up (Floppy) Disk in your A: drive.
    Does it get as far as the Help screen?

    N.B. - If you do not have a WinMe Startup (floppy) Disk then you should go
    to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download the WinMe OEM option to
    your hard disk on you current computer. Run it from your hard disk - with a
    fresh floppy disk in your A: drive - to create a WinMe Startup (floppy)
    Disk. Now transfer the floppy to your HP Pavilion and try the above.

    Mart

    "kevin.raway@lifefitness.com"
    <kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > There is absolutely nothing happening. The fans all start up and the
    > harddrive spins but nothing happens.
    > "N. Miller" wrote:
    >
    >> In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>,
    >> =?Utf-8?B?
    >> a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...
    >>
    >> > It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard
    >>
    >> So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
    >> Invent" screen appears?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Norman
    >> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
    >> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    >> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    No I cannot get anything but the blue screen with the HP logo on it. The
    machine does nothing else.

    "Mart" wrote:

    > Are you able to get into Safe Mode? (Ctrl, F8 or Shift keys at bootup)
    >
    > If not, try booting with your WinMe Start-up (Floppy) Disk in your A: drive.
    > Does it get as far as the Help screen?
    >
    > N.B. - If you do not have a WinMe Startup (floppy) Disk then you should go
    > to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download the WinMe OEM option to
    > your hard disk on you current computer. Run it from your hard disk - with a
    > fresh floppy disk in your A: drive - to create a WinMe Startup (floppy)
    > Disk. Now transfer the floppy to your HP Pavilion and try the above.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "kevin.raway@lifefitness.com"
    > <kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > There is absolutely nothing happening. The fans all start up and the
    > > harddrive spins but nothing happens.
    > > "N. Miller" wrote:
    > >
    > >> In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>,
    > >> =?Utf-8?B?
    > >> a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...

    > >> So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
    > >> Invent" screen appears?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Norman
    > >> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
    > >> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    > >> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    You've got serious trouble <g>

    Are you able to access your BIOS?

    Depends on the manufacturer (see your user manual) - but you could try press
    and hold the Del key or F1 key at boot-up. However if those are not the
    correct keys and you don't know which key (or combination of keys) try :-
    "How to enter the BIOS or CMOS setup."
    for other possibilities.

    Until (or unless) you can get into the BIOS we are stuck!!

    BTW - exactly what happens when you put the WinMe Startup floppy disk in the
    A: drive and THEN power up your PC? Does the floppy drive light come on?
    Does the floppy disk try to run?

    > No I cannot get anything but the blue screen with the HP logo on it. The
    > machine does nothing else.
    >
    > "Mart" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you able to get into Safe Mode? (Ctrl, F8 or Shift keys at bootup)
    >>
    >> If not, try booting with your WinMe Start-up (Floppy) Disk in your A:
    >> drive.
    >> Does it get as far as the Help screen?
    >>
    >> N.B. - If you do not have a WinMe Startup (floppy) Disk then you should
    >> go
    >> to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download the WinMe OEM option
    >> your hard disk on you current computer. Run it from your hard disk - with
    >> fresh floppy disk in your A: drive - to create a WinMe Startup (floppy)
    >> Disk. Now transfer the floppy to your HP Pavilion and try the above.
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "kevin.raway@lifefitness.com"
    >> <kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > There is absolutely nothing happening. The fans all start up and the
    >> > harddrive spins but nothing happens.

Hewlett Packard Boot Windows