  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b α HP
April 18, 2005 9:29:02 PM

I have a HP Pavillion PC running Windows ME. The machine will not boot up.
As soon as I press the power button there is a blue screen with the HP logo
on it and thats where it stops. I have tried to boot with the system
recovery disks, didn't work. I tried to boot it from a Windows 2000 CD, that
didn't work either.

Any help?

More about : booting work

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 18, 2005 9:46:47 PM

In article <23F486C1-4F7A-495B-B78D-0313D32D1FAD@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...

> I have a HP Pavillion PC running Windows ME. The machine will not boot up.
> As soon as I press the power button there is a blue screen with the HP logo
> on it and thats where it stops. I have tried to boot with the system
> recovery disks, didn't work. I tried to boot it from a Windows 2000 CD, that
> didn't work either.

> Any help?

It seems that it is not even passing POST. Any beeps?

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard

"N. Miller" wrote:

> In article <23F486C1-4F7A-495B-B78D-0313D32D1FAD@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
> a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...
>
> > I have a HP Pavillion PC running Windows ME. The machine will not boot up.
> > As soon as I press the power button there is a blue screen with the HP logo
> > on it and thats where it stops. I have tried to boot with the system
> > recovery disks, didn't work. I tried to boot it from a Windows 2000 CD, that
> > didn't work either.
>
> > Any help?
>
> It seems that it is not even passing POST. Any beeps?
>
> --
> Norman
> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

a b α HP
April 19, 2005 6:08:45 PM

In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...

> It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard

So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
Invent" screen appears?

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 1:31:24 AM

ROFL
There are many times when I agree, give me my cats anyday <vbg>
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:

> "All infants between the ages of 3 weeks and 30 years should be euthanised"
> (c) Noel, AD 2005
>
> Ho Hum.....
>
> (some may think I jest - I think I jest! - but.....)

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 1:33:53 AM

ROFL
That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic though. <g>
Joan

Rick T wrote:

> http://shroomery.org/ythan/kidhunt/
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 1:33:54 AM

Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the early
symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind

P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some feedback.

"Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o cauZ8RRFHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> ROFL
> That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic though.
<g>
> Joan
>
> Rick T wrote:
>

> > http://shroomery.org/ythan/kidhunt/
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:37:56 AM

.....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......

It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A couple
of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
goggles....

Mart

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
> contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the early
> symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
> stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
> Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind
>
> P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some
> feedback.
>

> "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o cauZ8RRFHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> ROFL
>> That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic though.
> <g>
>> Joan
>>
>> Rick T wrote:
>>

>> > http://shroomery.org/ythan/kidhunt/

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:37:57 AM

> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
>
> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
> couple of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without
> your goggles....

Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>

Jan :)
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:37:57 AM

Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good, 8
year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you are
right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the beast.
But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will have
a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna build a
screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
>
> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
couple
> of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
> goggles....
>
> Mart
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
> > contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the
early
> > symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
> > stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
> > Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind
> >
> > P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some
> > feedback.
> >

> > "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:o cauZ8RRFHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> ROFL
> >> That's where he got it <vbg> don't think I would be that drastic
though.
> > <g>
> >> Joan

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 4:38:24 AM

Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? - Well,
at least addictive, for sure <g>

Mart

"Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
>> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
>>
>> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
>> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
>> couple of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without
>> your goggles....
>
> Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
>
> Jan :)

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 4:38:25 AM

"Pinkeye" can be caused by a number of things, but it's also caused by a
virus or bacteriae, which is what H seems to have got hisself.

Rick

Mart wrote:
> Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? - Well,
> at least addictive, for sure <g>
>
> Mart
>

> "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
>
>>>....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
>>>
>>>It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
>>>hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
>>>couple of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without
>>>your goggles....
>>
>>Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
>>
>>Jan :)

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 4:38:26 AM

Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
Heirloom, old and way OT here

> "Pinkeye" can be caused by a number of things, but it's also caused by a
> virus or bacteriae, which is what H seems to have got hisself.
>
> Rick
>
> Mart wrote:
> > Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? -
Well,
> > at least addictive, for sure <g>
> >
> > Mart
> >

> > "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message

> >>Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
> >>
> >>Jan :)

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 5:04:58 AM

heirloom wrote:
> Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good, 8
> year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you are
> right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the beast.

heheh, 22" ancient IBM monitor here, I gotta wear a welding mask.

Rick
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 9:57:13 AM

Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to know
it's now on the mend.

Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
applies to the NG's too <g>

> Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good, 8
> year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you are
> right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
> beast.
> But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
> have
> a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna build
> screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
> Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
>>
>> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
>> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
> couple
>> of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
>> goggles....
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
>> > contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the
> early
>> > symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
>> > stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
>> > Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind
>> >
>> > P.S. Kevin, how's the boot problem coming along??? Give us some
>> > feedback.
>> >

>> > "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:o cauZ8RRFHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> though.
>> > <g>

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:04:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your problem Heirloom, hope it clears up for you soon.
Joan

heirloom wrote:
> Not a cold, Joanie.......'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......highly
> contagious and a miserable thing to have. Luckily, I recognized the early
> symptoms and got the antibiotic eye drops in time to ward off the nasty
> stuff. Doing pretty good today, after the first round of drops.
> Heirloom, old and "urchins" would be too kind

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:06:21 PM

Fancy picking on him in his hour of need <vbg>
Joan

Mart wrote:

> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A couple
> of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
> goggles....
>
> Mart
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:07:18 PM

I expect Heirloom will get him back for that Jan <g>
Joan

Jan Il wrote:

> Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
>
> Jan :)

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:08:02 PM

We wouldn't want to be without him now would we <g>
Joan

Mart wrote:
> Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? - Well,
> at least addictive, for sure <g>
>
> Mart
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:09:02 PM

Yes but that's what makes it such fun in here <g>
Joan

heirloom wrote:

> Heirloom, old and way OT here

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:10:20 PM

<lol> Do you think they're ready for you <g>
Joan

heirloom wrote:

> Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 3:30:53 PM

> I expect Heirloom will get him back

As night follows day, Joan

Mart

>I expect Heirloom will get him back for that Jan <g>
> Joan
>
> Jan Il wrote:
>

>> Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
>>
>> Jan :)

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 4:46:39 PM

Oh, Mart........this ol' skin is too tough for anything to easily get under
it. We've been 'cyber' friends too long for that. Eye is much better
today, almost back to normal.....an early response to the condition helped.

This NG is, by far, the best I have ever seen.....most of that attributable
to the 'laid back' atmosphere while maintaining attention to user's issues.
No doubt, the best of both worlds. (....and it may be the XP NG that will
be in for a 'culture change', lol).

Sheesh, Rick.....22" CRT?.....it is a wonder that Homeland Security hasn't
paid you a visit......you should rent it out for tanning.
Heirloom, old and need an oil change

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:o 23arVWRFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
> tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to
know
> it's now on the mend.
>
> Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
> disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
> applies to the NG's too <g>
>
> Mart
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good,
8
> > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you
are
> > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
> > beast.
> > But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
> > have
> > a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna
build
> > screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
> > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
> >
> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> >> ....'pink eye'.....conjunctivitus......
> >>
> >> It might help if you stopped squinting at your 10 year old, 14 inch,
> >> hi-radiation monitor and updated to something a bit more modern <g> A
> > couple
> >> of early nights too, perhaps. And I suppose you go biking without your
> >> goggles....
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>

> >> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > early

> > though.

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 7:33:46 PM

> Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
> Heirloom, old and way OT here

You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.

So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)

'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
that...

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Pinkeye" can be caused by a number of things, but it's also caused by a
>> virus or bacteriae, which is what H seems to have got hisself.
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> Mart wrote:
>> > Absolutely Jan. Right symptoms - wrong diagnosis? But contagious? -
> Well,
>> > at least addictive, for sure <g>
>> >
>> > Mart
>> >

>> > "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message

> without

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 7:35:29 PM

>I expect Heirloom will get him back for that Jan <g>
> Joan

Yup....soon's he can get's one eye on the keyboard again...<g>

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

> Jan Il wrote:
>

>> Mart.....ahmm....this is Heirloom.....remember.......<vbg>
>>
>> Jan :)

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 7:43:00 PM

>......you should rent it out for tanning.
> Heirloom, old and need an oil change

Whadda ya mean "should', I've aleady sent him my reservation. What with
that power, the tan should last the whole summer! The tanning salons around
here should be named "Bake and Go" However, it is a rather cheap face peel.
It's the taxidermy look for several weeks after that is a bit difficult to
deal with. But, better BOF than TM I guess, and less blood letting.

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

..

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> news:o 23arVWRFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
>> tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to
> know
>> it's now on the mend.
>>
>> Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
>> disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
>> applies to the NG's too <g>
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good,
> 8
>> > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you
> are
>> > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
>> > beast.
>> > But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
>> > have
>> > a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna
> build
>> > screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
>> > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
>> >
>> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

>> > couple

>> > early
> nasty

>> > though.

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 7:44:21 PM

> <lol> Do you think they're ready for you <g>
> Joan

Heh ....not a chance......;o))

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

> heirloom wrote:
>
>> Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 7:58:20 PM

> Eye is much better
> today, almost back to normal.....an early response to the condition
> helped.

Glad to hear you are getting better. Had that when I was a kid, I did. Got
it from school, along with wood ticks and head lice. Made for an
interesting week at our house. Didja see that sci-fi movie about where they
employees got contaminated with radiation and had to go through this highly
sophisticated shower thingie to get decontaminated? "k....now...try with a
garden hose with a yard fertilizer bottle full of some kind of sheep dip on
the end, out in the back yard in mid-November, and me in just a bathing
suit. Needless to say, that was something along the lines of the Keystone
Kops Great Chase. Then they had to fill my eyes with some kind of drops
that burned like when you poke yourself with a Big Lash mascara wand and
wrap them with gauze to "keep me from going blind!" It's enough to make a
kid pray for home schooling!

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

> This NG is, by far, the best I have ever seen.....most of that
> attributable
> to the 'laid back' atmosphere while maintaining attention to user's
> issues.
> No doubt, the best of both worlds. (....and it may be the XP NG that will
> be in for a 'culture change', lol).
>
> Sheesh, Rick.....22" CRT?.....it is a wonder that Homeland Security hasn't
> paid you a visit......you should rent it out for tanning.
> Heirloom, old and need an oil change
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> news:o 23arVWRFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi HL, no offence meant - and I'm sure (and hope), no offence taken. Just
>> tried to make light of a messy and uncomfortable eye condition. Good to
> know
>> it's now on the mend.
>>
>> Even better to learn that you're gearing up for XP. You won't be
>> disappointed - but be prepared for a bit of a culture change and that
>> applies to the NG's too <g>
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Oooooooo, bad talk, Mart! I'll have you know I have a perfectly good,
> 8
>> > year old, 19" CRT and bask in the luxury of radiation........and, you
> are
>> > right about 'no goggles.' I wear a full faced helmet whenever on the
>> > beast.
>> > But, thanks for your 'sympathetic' suggestions. By next summer I will
>> > have
>> > a new system.....I'll have access to my money then, <g>.......gonna
> build
>> > screamer with, at least, a 19" LCD.
>> > Heirloom, old and lookout XP NG
>> >
>> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

>> > couple

>> > early
> nasty

>> > though.

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2005 9:13:33 PM

Jan II,
I was surrounded by two-legged pinballs, bouncing off of every
surface in the Dr.'s office (I was there for a tetanus shot, due to having a
piece of rusty wire poked through my finger). And, yes, I probably touched
something contaminated (totally unavoidable) and then touched my eye.....you
can bet I didn't touch any more than I had to....sure glad they don't have
"pink" other things!!!
Heirloom, old and glad the NG has been spayed for OT

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
> > Heirloom, old and way OT here
>
> You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
> something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.
>
> So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)
>
> 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
> that...
>
> Jan :)
> MS MVP - IE/OE
> Smiles are meant to be shared,
> that's why they're so contagious.
>

> > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> "Pinkeye" can be caused by a number of things, but it's also caused by
> >> virus or bacteriae, which is what H seems to have got hisself.
> >>
> >> Rick

> > Well,

> > without

April 21, 2005 1:50:59 AM

"Spayed" for OT?? Were you at a veterinarian's office.....or a doctor's,
grin.

One good thing here in Toronto since SARS, is that ALL medical places,
including for instance, my dermatologist's office today.....have a large
bottle of special antiseptic handwash that you absolutely have to use when
you come in......and when you leave. We got rather used to that because
Ron was in and out of hospitals just as SARS started shutting them down. We
had to wear masks as well and have our temperature taken every time we went
into one.

Now a lot of them just insist on the handwash.....which I think is a good
idea and just might have helped you with all the rugrats and their grubby
little paws!!

Cheers.....Figgs

> Jan II,
> I was surrounded by two-legged pinballs, bouncing off of every
> surface in the Dr.'s office (I was there for a tetanus shot, due to having
> piece of rusty wire poked through my finger). And, yes, I probably
touched
> something contaminated (totally unavoidable) and then touched my
eye.....you
> can bet I didn't touch any more than I had to....sure glad they don't have
> "pink" other things!!!
> Heirloom, old and glad the NG has been spayed for OT
>
> "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > > Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
> > > Heirloom, old and way OT here
> >
> > You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
> > something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.
> >
> > So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)
> >
> > 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
> > that...
> >
> > Jan :)
> > MS MVP - IE/OE
> > Smiles are meant to be shared,
> > that's why they're so contagious.
> >

> > > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

> contagious? -
> > > Well,

> > > without

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 2:16:37 AM

ROFL
Nice one Jan.
Joan

Jan Il wrote:

> 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
> that...
>
> Jan :)
> MS MVP - IE/OE
> Smiles are meant to be shared,
> that's why they're so contagious.

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 2:20:12 AM

<lol> Can you imagine the reaction from some of those netcops <vbg>
Joan

Jan Il wrote:

> Heh ....not a chance......;o))
>
> Jan :)
> MS MVP - IE/OE
> Smiles are meant to be shared,
> that's why they're so contagious.

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 6:04:26 PM

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> Jan II,
> I was surrounded by two-legged pinballs, bouncing off of every
> surface in the Dr.'s office (I was there for a tetanus shot, due to having
> piece of rusty wire poked through my finger). And, yes, I probably
> touched
> something contaminated (totally unavoidable) and then touched my
> eye.....you
> can bet I didn't touch any more than I had to....sure glad they don't have
> "pink" other things!!!
> Heirloom, old and glad the NG has been spayed for OT

Lol! Ah yes...the 'ol "I got it at the Dr's Office" routine. <g> They say
the most contaminated objects anywhere are doorknobs/handles, as they rarely
get cleaned. So, yea...it is easy to pick up stuff most anywhere. More and
more doctors seem to be moving away more these days from the gender colors,
so you will see less pink and blue at the doctors offices. They are into
more upscale decor, such as Puce and Coolant lime green, or Braised Mustard
and Verminllion.

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

> "Jan Il" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
>> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Barely a symptom left, now. Thank goodness for antibiotic eye drops!
>> > Heirloom, old and way OT here
>>
>> You know that the most common way to contract Pink-eye is by touching
>> something that is contaminated, then touching your eye.
>>
>> So...jus' keep yer hands to yersef! ;o)
>>
>> 'Sides......you know there's no such vermin as OT here.....we spray for
>> that...
>>
>> Jan :)
>> MS MVP - IE/OE
>> Smiles are meant to be shared,
>> that's why they're so contagious.
>>

>> > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

> contagious? -
>> > Well,

>> > without

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 6:18:01 PM

> "Spayed" for OT??

We do that now? I know I've been away on and off, but......we used to just
spray for it. Someone must have gotten into some wayyyy serious drift!
8-o!!

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 21, 2005 6:22:15 PM

> <lol> Can you imagine the reaction from some of those netcops <vbg>
> Joan

They'll be begging to turn in their 'shields'! The fun ones are those from
Usenet.... <vbeg>

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

> Jan Il wrote:
>

>> Heh ....not a chance......;o))
>>
>> Jan :)
>> MS MVP - IE/OE
>> Smiles are meant to be shared,
>> that's why they're so contagious.

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 24, 2005 10:23:01 AM

There is absolutely nothing happening. The fans all start up and the
harddrive spins but nothing happens.
"N. Miller" wrote:

> In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
> a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...
>
> > It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard
>
> So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
> Invent" screen appears?
>
> --
> Norman
> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 24, 2005 8:20:50 PM

Are you able to get into Safe Mode? (Ctrl, F8 or Shift keys at bootup)

If not, try booting with your WinMe Start-up (Floppy) Disk in your A: drive.
Does it get as far as the Help screen?

N.B. - If you do not have a WinMe Startup (floppy) Disk then you should go
to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download the WinMe OEM option to
your hard disk on you current computer. Run it from your hard disk - with a
fresh floppy disk in your A: drive - to create a WinMe Startup (floppy)
Disk. Now transfer the floppy to your HP Pavilion and try the above.

Mart

"kevin.raway@lifefitness.com"
<kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is absolutely nothing happening. The fans all start up and the
> harddrive spins but nothing happens.
> "N. Miller" wrote:
>
>> In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>,
>> =?Utf-8?B?
>> a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...
>>
>> > It does nothing at all not even a blink of a light on the keyboard
>>
>> So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
>> Invent" screen appears?
>>
>> --
>> Norman
>> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
>> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
>> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 24, 2005 8:20:51 PM

No I cannot get anything but the blue screen with the HP logo on it. The
machine does nothing else.

"Mart" wrote:

> Are you able to get into Safe Mode? (Ctrl, F8 or Shift keys at bootup)
>
> If not, try booting with your WinMe Start-up (Floppy) Disk in your A: drive.
> Does it get as far as the Help screen?
>
> N.B. - If you do not have a WinMe Startup (floppy) Disk then you should go
> to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download the WinMe OEM option to
> your hard disk on you current computer. Run it from your hard disk - with a
> fresh floppy disk in your A: drive - to create a WinMe Startup (floppy)
> Disk. Now transfer the floppy to your HP Pavilion and try the above.
>
> Mart
>

> "kevin.raway@lifefitness.com"
> <kevinrawaylifefitnesscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There is absolutely nothing happening. The fans all start up and the
> > harddrive spins but nothing happens.
> > "N. Miller" wrote:
> >
> >> In article <41EB98D8-5BFF-412F-AD97-4582ED7863E3@microsoft.com>,
> >> =?Utf-8?B?
> >> a2V2aW4ucmF3YXlAbGlmZWZpdG5lc3MuY29t?= says...

> >> So. What happens when you press the F1 key immediately after the blue "HP
> >> Invent" screen appears?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Norman
> >> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
> >> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
> >> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 24, 2005 10:26:32 PM

You've got serious trouble <g>

Are you able to access your BIOS?

Depends on the manufacturer (see your user manual) - but you could try press
and hold the Del key or F1 key at boot-up. However if those are not the
correct keys and you don't know which key (or combination of keys) try :-
"How to enter the BIOS or CMOS setup."
for other possibilities.

Until (or unless) you can get into the BIOS we are stuck!!

BTW - exactly what happens when you put the WinMe Startup floppy disk in the
A: drive and THEN power up your PC? Does the floppy drive light come on?
Does the floppy disk try to run?

!