Fonts

I need to copy a new font into my C:\Windows\Fonts
folder. The fonts we use are located on our network.
Everytime I try to copy a font, I get a message from XP
telling me that Windows is using that font and I cannot
copy it until Windows is done with it. This message only
happens on this particular computer. What's the deal?

you can try going to the computer where the font is present, copy it to a
disk and then install it on your computer.

i hope this helps a bit.
--
Regards,
Dennis Lazo

the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
your replies may not be received. replies may be sent at
http://dennislazo.com/email/.
information herein is provided as is with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

"Loretta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to copy a new font into my C:\Windows\Fonts
> folder. The fonts we use are located on our network.
> Everytime I try to copy a font, I get a message from XP
> telling me that Windows is using that font and I cannot
> copy it until Windows is done with it. This message only
> happens on this particular computer. What's the deal?

Thanks for the suggestion!

I copied the font to a floppy and when I tried to install
it using the control panel I got the same error message.
Jeez.

Byte

You do not "install" it, you either copy&paste or drag&drop the file using
Windows Explorer.
--
I am no expert, but I did stay at the
Holiday Inn last night.