Fonts

I need to copy a new font into my C:\Windows\Fonts
folder. The fonts we use are located on our network.
Everytime I try to copy a font, I get a message from XP
telling me that Windows is using that font and I cannot
copy it until Windows is done with it. This message only
happens on this particular computer. What's the deal?
3 answers Last reply
More about fonts

    you can try going to the computer where the font is present, copy it to a
    disk and then install it on your computer.

    i hope this helps a bit.
    --
    Regards,
    Dennis Lazo

    the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
    your replies may not be received. replies may be sent at
    http://dennislazo.com/email/.
    information herein is provided as is with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.

    "Loretta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I need to copy a new font into my C:\Windows\Fonts
    > folder. The fonts we use are located on our network.
    > Everytime I try to copy a font, I get a message from XP
    > telling me that Windows is using that font and I cannot
    > copy it until Windows is done with it. This message only
    > happens on this particular computer. What's the deal?

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    I copied the font to a floppy and when I tried to install
    it using the control panel I got the same error message.
    Jeez.

    You do not "install" it, you either copy&paste or drag&drop the file using
    Windows Explorer.
    --
    I am no expert, but I did stay at the
    Holiday Inn last night.

    "Loretta" wrote:

    > Thanks for the suggestion!
    >
    > I copied the font to a floppy and when I tried to install
    > it using the control panel I got the same error message.
    > Jeez.

Font Microsoft Windows XP