Lost Picture Viewer in Windows ME

Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I get
this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about lost picture viewer windows

    Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
    Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
    uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.

    Good luck.

    Mart

    "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
    > get
    > this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks

    In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
    Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
    This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
    By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
    Thanks
    "Mart" wrote:

    > Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
    > Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
    > uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
    > > get
    > > this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks

    "Picture Viewer.exe" is not part of WinMe, but appears to a third-party
    utility. It 'sounds' as though it might want re-installing - but as I don't
    have a copy or use it myself I can't help you much further except to suggest
    that you Google for "Picture Viewer.exe" and see if that reveals anything.

    > In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
    > Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
    > This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
    > By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
    > Thanks
    > "Mart" wrote:
    >
    >> Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
    >> Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
    >> uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
    >>
    >> Good luck.
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
    >> > get
    >> > this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks

    PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
    Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
    Graphic Viewer:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Steff the Chef"
    <StefftheChef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
    >Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
    >This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
    >By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
    >Thanks
    >"Mart" wrote:
    >
    >> Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
    >> Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
    >> uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
    >>
    >> Good luck.
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
    >> > get
    >> > this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks

    Hello Allan
    Thanks a lot, now I can look my Photos again.
    Stefan

    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
    > Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
    > Graphic Viewer:
    > http://www.irfanview.com/
    >

    > ....Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Steff the Chef"
    > <StefftheChef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
    > >Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
    > >This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
    > >By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
    > >Thanks
    > >"Mart" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
    > >> Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
    > >> uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
    > >>
    > >> Good luck.
    > >>
    > >> Mart
    > >>

    > >> "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    >> PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
    >> Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
    >> Graphic Viewer:
    >> http://www.irfanview.com/
    >>

    >> ...Very good it is too. I set Irfanview as the default reader for all image types .Any picture can then be resized , enhanced or whatever , as soon as it is downloaded.

Windows Me Computers Microsoft Windows