Lost Picture Viewer in Windows ME

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 19, 2005 11:01:05 AM

Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I get
this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 7:38:38 PM

Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.

Good luck.

Mart

"Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
> get
> this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 7:38:39 PM

In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
Thanks
"Mart" wrote:

> Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
> Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
> uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Mart
>

> "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
> > get
> > this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks

April 19, 2005 9:01:00 PM

"Picture Viewer.exe" is not part of WinMe, but appears to a third-party
utility. It 'sounds' as though it might want re-installing - but as I don't
have a copy or use it myself I can't help you much further except to suggest
that you Google for "Picture Viewer.exe" and see if that reveals anything.

> In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
> Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
> This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
> By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
> Thanks
> "Mart" wrote:
>
>> Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
>> Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
>> uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
>> > get
>> > this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 10:10:54 AM

PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
Graphic Viewer:
http://www.irfanview.com/

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Steff the Chef"
<StefftheChef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
>Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
>This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
>By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
>Thanks
>"Mart" wrote:
>
>> Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
>> Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
>> uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can anyone help me with this. I lost my Picture Viewer in ME. How can I
>> > get
>> > this back. I allready restored my Computer. With out success.Thanks

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 12:27:02 PM

Hello Allan
Thanks a lot, now I can look my Photos again.
Stefan

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
> Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
> Graphic Viewer:
> http://www.irfanview.com/
>

> ....Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Steff the Chef"
> <StefftheChef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >In the Folder "MY Picture" I click on one of the Photos and this error
> >Message comes up: Windows connot find Picture Viewer.exe.
> >This Program is neede for opening files of type JEPEG Image.
> >By the way the same happens in outlook Express when I recive a Photo.
> >Thanks
> >"Mart" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you mean "Image Preview" - It's an 'option' in Control Panel under
> >> Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup etc., which *may* need
> >> uninstalling/reinstalling to get it working again.
> >>
> >> Good luck.
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>

> >> "Steff the Chef" <Steff the Chef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous