can't open any web page

Okay, I have royally screwed up I think. First of all I have
Works Suite 2000 installed which came with my Dell Dimension L733r
I purchased in 2000. Suddenly I can't access Word in Works, so I
uninstalled and reinstalled and still no joy. Then it hit me...I
had installed a copy of Office97 someone gave me some time back.
I never used it and didn't need it taking up space so I
uninstalled it before all this happened. Apparently it took Word
with it. Now I can't access any web page although my dls
connection is up and running (obviously since I am sending this).
Since a friend of mine had this happen recently I have decided
Microsoft has cut me off because of the copy of Office 97. Okay,
I've learned my lesson, but what do I do now? How can I
re-establish internet privileges?

How about doing a System Restore to a point just before you made the major
changes.........
Heirloom, old and oughta work

"granjan" <me@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Okay, I have royally screwed up I think. First of all I have
> Works Suite 2000 installed which came with my Dell Dimension L733r
> I purchased in 2000. Suddenly I can't access Word in Works, so I
> uninstalled and reinstalled and still no joy. Then it hit me...I
> had installed a copy of Office97 someone gave me some time back.
> I never used it and didn't need it taking up space so I
> uninstalled it before all this happened. Apparently it took Word
> with it. Now I can't access any web page although my dls
> connection is up and running (obviously since I am sending this).
> Since a friend of mine had this happen recently I have decided
> Microsoft has cut me off because of the copy of Office 97. Okay,
> I've learned my lesson, but what do I do now? How can I
> re-establish internet privileges?

Well never mind...I guess I jumped to a conclusion. I'm back on
the net, but I'm definitely ditching Office97.

"granjan" <me@nospam.net> wrote in message
| Okay, I have royally screwed up I think. First of all I have
| Works Suite 2000 installed which came with my Dell Dimension
L733r
| I purchased in 2000. Suddenly I can't access Word in Works, so I
| uninstalled and reinstalled and still no joy. Then it hit
me...I
| had installed a copy of Office97 someone gave me some time back.
| I never used it and didn't need it taking up space so I
| uninstalled it before all this happened. Apparently it took
Word
| with it. Now I can't access any web page although my dls
| connection is up and running (obviously since I am sending
this).
| Since a friend of mine had this happen recently I have decided
| Microsoft has cut me off because of the copy of Office 97.
Okay,
| I've learned my lesson, but what do I do now? How can I
| re-establish internet privileges?

You may have simply been a victim of a problem at your server........in any
case, glad you are okay now.
Heirloom, old and the trouble is leaving here