ccleaner, need advice

Hi,

I got this off the net, anybody using this? Is it safe to use?

CCleaner (freeware - system utilities)
(Windows 95/98/NT4/ME/2000/XP/2003)

http://ccleaner.com/

From the website:

Cleans the following:
* Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
* Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
* Recently opened URLs and files.
* Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
Including: Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar,
Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
* Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs,
Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons,
Invalid Shortcuts and more...
* Backup for registry clean.
* This software is completely Freeware and contains no Spyware or Adware.

I just love this program. In a typical installation, it can free
as much as 150-190 MB of disk space and fix 80-120 "issues" in the registry.

Bass

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:54:41 -0500, "-Avery Anderson-"
<avery@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I got this off the net, anybody using this? Is it safe to use?

Yes, safe to use and handy too.