Locomotion

Last response: in Video Games
June 13, 2005 2:08:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

As a matter of interest, is anyone still playing Locomotion. I haven't for
quite a while much preferring Tycoon.

Bob

More about : locomotion

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 5:51:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

> As a matter of interest, is anyone still playing Locomotion. I haven't
> for quite a while much preferring Tycoon.

Not really, when I get my new system built, I may well play Loco a bit
more - my current Loco game ("current" as in last one I played) is too big
to play smoothly on my Duron 1.2GHz. I generally prefer [Open]TTD[Patch].

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/

"Owen Rudge" <orudge@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> As a matter of interest, is anyone still playing Locomotion. I haven't
>> for quite a while much preferring Tycoon.
>
> Not really, when I get my new system built, I may well play Loco a bit
> more - my current Loco game ("current" as in last one I played) is too big
> to play smoothly on my Duron 1.2GHz. I generally prefer [Open]TTD[Patch].
>
> --
> Owen Rudge
> http://www.owenrudge.net/

I'm glad someone is still talking about this game. I play this game
regularly, downloading some mods from Steve's Locomotion Depot.
I prefer to create my own scenarios than play the built-in ones. My PC is a
Pentium 4 2.66 GHz and only see a slow down when in full zoomed-out view.
I've played the XP-compatible TTD, but due to the resolution, I can't get it
full-screen.
Is there anyone else playing Loco who would like to talk about it?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 14, 2005 3:22:11 AM

"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in message

> "Owen Rudge" <orudge@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> As a matter of interest, is anyone still playing Locomotion. I haven't
>>> for quite a while much preferring Tycoon.
>>
>> Not really, when I get my new system built, I may well play Loco a bit
>> more - my current Loco game ("current" as in last one I played) is too
>> big to play smoothly on my Duron 1.2GHz. I generally prefer
>> [Open]TTD[Patch].
>>
>> --
>> Owen Rudge
>> http://www.owenrudge.net/
>>
> I'm glad someone is still talking about this game. I play this game
> regularly, downloading some mods from Steve's Locomotion Depot.
> I prefer to create my own scenarios than play the built-in ones. My PC is
> a Pentium 4 2.66 GHz and only see a slow down when in full zoomed-out
> view.
> I've played the XP-compatible TTD, but due to the resolution, I can't get
> it full-screen.
> Is there anyone else playing Loco who would like to talk about it?

I play it aswell, but what addons can you get from the game if any?
June 14, 2005 1:39:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Yeah, count me in! I havent played TTD since Loco came out. I'm still
working through the scenarios, but to be honest I've done one or two of them
several times cos I prefer to 'world watch'.

I discovered a neat trick too. Dont know if this has been covered before or
is mentioned in the manual (note to self: must read the manual one day!
;)  ). I found out how to get locomotives to run tender-first:

1) Build a locomotive. Do not add any rolling stock.
2) Place the loco on the track.
3) Turn it around with the reverse button.
4) Add rolling stock.

The stock will be added to the *front* of the train and the loco will run
backwards.

> Is there anyone else playing Loco who would like to talk about it?

June 14, 2005 1:48:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Go to http://www.strategyplanet.com/locomotionuk/ for updates. There you'll
find, amongst other things, an update for the Virgin Pendolino for UK tracks
and a no breakdowns patch. (disclaimer: I havent tried the patch so I cant
say if it works or causes any problems).

"sean" <sean@boxen.net.hack> wrote in message
news:D yore.15886$F7.625@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> I play it aswell, but what addons can you get from the game if any?

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 10:42:24 PM

"Pete" <pete@spam.is.killing.the.internet> wrote in message
> Go to http://www.strategyplanet.com/locomotionuk/ for updates. There
> you'll
> find, amongst other things, an update for the Virgin Pendolino for UK
> tracks
> and a no breakdowns patch. (disclaimer: I havent tried the patch so I cant
> say if it works or causes any problems).
>
> "sean" <sean@boxen.net.hack> wrote in message
> news:D yore.15886$F7.625@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>
>> I play it aswell, but what addons can you get from the game if any?

I had to uninstall the new official patch, as it stopped my money trainer
from working, so I'm a bit wary of trying new patches.
If you go to Steve's Locomotion Depot and go into the Wiki, there are mods
for a bigger airport and 21st Century stuff(maglevs etc) as well as other
interesting stuff.
!