CAN NOT READ ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS

WINDOW CUTS OFF THE LAST OF THE ANSWERS IN ALL OF THE QUESTIONS AND THERE IS
NO WAY TO FIND OUT WHAT THE ANSWER IS WITHOUT PRINTING IT. I FIND THAT IT IS
OF NO USE NOW AND WILL GET MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED AT OTHER PLACES THAT WILLNOT
TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS IN SUCH A MANNER. VERY POOR SETUP FOR SOMETHING THAT IS
THERE TO HELP THE PEOPLE THAT MADE IT A BIG COMPANY WITH THEIR MONEY!!!! ALL
THAT MONEY AND IT WAS DESIGNED THAT WAY, VERY SAD INDEED.
17 answers Last reply
More about read answers questions

    <lol> He did say the fumes were getting to him <g>
    Joan

    Mart wrote:

    > Nice HL - I like that one! Very philosophical - and now suitably bottled in
    > perpetuity. Obviously, all that decorating has given you time for some
    > serious contemplation. <g>
    >
    > Mart

    > He did say the fumes were getting to him <g>

    That hadn't gone unnoticed here either, Joan, but I carefully avoided it.

    Mart

    "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > <lol> He did say the fumes were getting to him <g>
    > Joan
    >
    > Mart wrote:
    >
    >> Nice HL - I like that one! Very philosophical - and now suitably bottled
    >> in perpetuity. Obviously, all that decorating has given you time for some
    >> serious contemplation. <g>
    >>
    >> Mart

    I have the fix for Loon! I have just returned from North Carolina where I
    visited the Duck Deli in Duck, NC, on the northern end of the Outer Banks.
    I obtained the Carolina Heat Wave habanero pepper sauce, with Loon and his
    better part in mind. I am told that no living human being has ever finished
    this 5 oz. bottle, although corpses have been found, from time to time, with
    same internally.
    If we suddenly stop hearing from Loon at, say, May 1, we can imagine the
    probable cause ...

    P.S. Nancy & I also visited the founding family's second Duck Deli in New
    Britain, PA, on the way home. Very nice BBQ.
    --
    Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > > He did say the fumes were getting to him <g>
    >
    > That hadn't gone unnoticed here either, Joan, but I carefully avoided it.
    >
    > Mart

    <SNIP>

    :lol: Can't wait for the reaction to that Jack :-)
    Joan

    Jack Martinelli wrote:
    >I have the fix for Loon! I have just returned from North Carolina
    > where I visited the Duck Deli in Duck, NC, on the northern end of the
    > Outer Banks. I obtained the Carolina Heat Wave habanero pepper sauce,
    > with Loon and his better part in mind. I am told that no living
    > human being has ever finished this 5 oz. bottle, although corpses
    > have been found, from time to time, with same internally.
    > If we suddenly stop hearing from Loon at, say, May 1, we can imagine
    > the probable cause ...
    >
    > P.S. Nancy & I also visited the founding family's second Duck Deli
    > in New Britain, PA, on the way home. Very nice BBQ.

    > I have the fix for Loon!

    Just be a little careful with your terminology Jack, we're still worried
    about the paint fumes and not too sure if he's off the ceiling yet. It's
    been pretty stressful for us too.

    Mart

    Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I have been so busy lately trying to set
    up an XP box (yes, you heard right, XP). Finally got my router working so
    both boxes connect to the Net, but, I haven't figured out how to share the
    printer. Don't have a floppy drive on the XP machine and think that I need
    to make a disk with the Networking Wizard to get this going. May just get a
    USB floppy for the moment to get things going. Also, cratered a program on
    my Me box after uninstalling my scanner and printer to install the new
    printer.....but, that should be an easy fix. New printer works fine with
    the me box, I just don't know how to get the two boxes linked, as
    yet......still poking at it.
    Heirloom, old and nose is still above water

    "Jack Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > I have the fix for Loon! I have just returned from North Carolina where I
    > visited the Duck Deli in Duck, NC, on the northern end of the Outer Banks.
    > I obtained the Carolina Heat Wave habanero pepper sauce, with Loon and his
    > better part in mind. I am told that no living human being has ever
    finished
    > this 5 oz. bottle, although corpses have been found, from time to time,
    with
    > same internally.
    > If we suddenly stop hearing from Loon at, say, May 1, we can imagine the
    > probable cause ...
    >
    > P.S. Nancy & I also visited the founding family's second Duck Deli in New
    > Britain, PA, on the way home. Very nice BBQ.
    > --
    > Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ----------
    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > > > He did say the fumes were getting to him <g>
    > >
    > > That hadn't gone unnoticed here either, Joan, but I carefully avoided
    it.

    > > Mart
    > >
    > <SNIP>

    Great to hear your new news, and please keep working. You will be very
    happy with XP.

    The good folks at our sister ng, ...windowsme.networking, esp., MVP Steve
    Winograd, can answer any of your questions, but you will have to be far more
    specific and precise if they are to help easily.
    Depending on how you are configuring, you may new some print server
    hardware, but if you went wireless, it is very easy.

    Watch your mail box, and get some good rubber gloves for my package sent
    yesterday,
    --

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I have been so busy lately trying to
    set
    > up an XP box (yes, you heard right, XP). Finally got my router working so
    > both boxes connect to the Net, but, I haven't figured out how to share the
    > printer. Don't have a floppy drive on the XP machine and think that I
    need
    > to make a disk with the Networking Wizard to get this going. May just get
    > USB floppy for the moment to get things going. Also, cratered a program
    on
    > my Me box after uninstalling my scanner and printer to install the new
    > printer.....but, that should be an easy fix. New printer works fine with
    > the me box, I just don't know how to get the two boxes linked, as
    > yet......still poking at it.
    > Heirloom, old and nose is still above water
    >

    > > <SNIP>

    Oh Lordy, I feel a 'heat wave' coming on......sure you don't want some
    chili, Jack.
    Joanie, thanks for the references.......I think I know what the problem is,
    I just have to get another drive for the XP box.....(floppy)......
    Heirloom, old and need my pipes cleaned

    > Great to hear your new news, and please keep working. You will be very
    > happy with XP.
    >
    > The good folks at our sister ng, ...windowsme.networking, esp., MVP Steve
    > Winograd, can answer any of your questions, but you will have to be far
    more
    > specific and precise if they are to help easily.
    > Depending on how you are configuring, you may new some print server
    > hardware, but if you went wireless, it is very easy.
    >
    > Watch your mail box, and get some good rubber gloves for my package sent
    > yesterday,
    > --
    > Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ----------
    >
    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I have been so busy lately trying to
    > set
    > > up an XP box (yes, you heard right, XP). Finally got my router working
    so
    > > both boxes connect to the Net, but, I haven't figured out how to share
    the
    > > printer. Don't have a floppy drive on the XP machine and think that I
    > need
    > > to make a disk with the Networking Wizard to get this going. May just
    get
    > > USB floppy for the moment to get things going. Also, cratered a program
    > on
    > > my Me box after uninstalling my scanner and printer to install the new
    > > printer.....but, that should be an easy fix. New printer works fine
    with
    > > the me box, I just don't know how to get the two boxes linked, as
    > > yet......still poking at it.
    > > Heirloom, old and nose is still above water
    > >

    > > > <SNIP>

    See if something here helps Heirloom courtesy of Malke
    Joan

    Run through the following network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg
    Michna. In addition, here are some links to information that will help
    you with your sharing:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
    Hans-Georg Michna

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Wireless Information
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/techinfo/overview/wififaq.mspx
    (even though this is for Server, it has excellent information not only
    for Server)

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242

    And don't forget to make sure you've secured your wireless network. You
    don't want somebody from the outside world getting in on your business
    network.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User

    heirloom wrote:
    > Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I have been so busy lately trying
    > to set up an XP box (yes, you heard right, XP). Finally got my
    > router working so both boxes connect to the Net, but, I haven't
    > figured out how to share the printer. Don't have a floppy drive on
    > the XP machine and think that I need to make a disk with the
    > Networking Wizard to get this going. May just get a USB floppy for
    > the moment to get things going. Also, cratered a program on my Me
    > box after uninstalling my scanner and printer to install the new
    > printer.....but, that should be an easy fix. New printer works fine
    > with the me box, I just don't know how to get the two boxes linked,
    > as yet......still poking at it. Heirloom, old
    > and nose is still above water

    While your new box may well support booting from an external USB-linked
    floppy drive, I suggest installing an internal drive if you have the slot
    for it on the case, so you know you can boot from a floppy in the event of a
    disaster. In some cases, the attempt to boot from a CD drive will fail,
    too.

    Internal 3.5 inch floppy drive: $US 20.00, or less.

    Kudos to Joan, for all those great links re: networking, including two for
    MVP Steve Winograd's site, the networking Master:
    "Practically Networked"
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

    And, yes, I would dearly love to have some chili with you, but my daughter
    just bought a new house and my summer has become rather fully booked just
    now. My to-do list never seems to get any shorter anymore.
    --
    > Oh Lordy, I feel a 'heat wave' coming on......sure you don't want some
    > chili, Jack.
    > Joanie, thanks for the references.......I think I know what the problem
    is,
    > I just have to get another drive for the XP box.....(floppy)......
    > Heirloom, old and need my pipes cleaned
    >

    > "Jack Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > Great to hear your new news, and please keep working. You will be very
    > > happy with XP.
    > >
    > > The good folks at our sister ng, ...windowsme.networking, esp., MVP
    Steve
    > > Winograd, can answer any of your questions, but you will have to be far
    > more
    > > specific and precise if they are to help easily.
    > > Depending on how you are configuring, you may new some print server
    > > hardware, but if you went wireless, it is very easy.
    > >
    > > Watch your mail box, and get some good rubber gloves for my package sent
    > > yesterday,
    > > --
    > > Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > ----------
    > >
    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I have been so busy lately trying
    > > set
    > > > up an XP box (yes, you heard right, XP). Finally got my router
    working
    > so
    > > > both boxes connect to the Net, but, I haven't figured out how to share
    > the
    > > > printer. Don't have a floppy drive on the XP machine and think that I
    > > need
    > > > to make a disk with the Networking Wizard to get this going. May just
    > get
    > > > USB floppy for the moment to get things going. Also, cratered a
    program
    > > on
    > > > my Me box after uninstalling my scanner and printer to install the new
    > > > printer.....but, that should be an easy fix. New printer works fine
    > with
    > > > the me box, I just don't know how to get the two boxes linked, as
    > > > yet......still poking at it.
    > > > Heirloom, old and nose is still above water

    I subscribe to the microsoft ng's for networking Jack so that's where I
    picked them up so I will probably post the links to H for his perusal <g>

    I have a wireless network here with 2 XPHomeSP2 boxes and one WinME box,
    so I keep an eye out in case I have problems <g>

    Does this mean your Summer is being taken over by Heirlooms favourite
    pastime, painting <g>
    Joan

    Jack Martinelli wrote:

    > Kudos to Joan, for all those great links re: networking, including
    > two for MVP Steve Winograd's site, the networking Master:
    > "Practically Networked"
    > http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    >
    > And, yes, I would dearly love to have some chili with you, but my
    > daughter just bought a new house and my summer has become rather
    > fully booked just now. My to-do list never seems to get any shorter
    > anymore.

    Hy Heirloom here are a couple of links for you, just to keep you out of
    mischief <g>
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
    microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
    Joan

    heirloom wrote:
    > Joanie, thanks for the references.......I think I know what the
    > problem is, I just have to get another drive for the XP
    > box.....(floppy)...... Heirloom, old and need
    > my pipes cleaned

    Kudos to you for, first, for the courage to install such wireless hardware
    and, second, for keeping it running, ... although the wireless systems here
    are rather trouble-free. Is yours .b, .g, or (unlikely) .a?

    Re: my summer tasks: if it's only painting, I'm home free. I'll fly
    heirloom to it and give my daughter a whip and some chili sauce. Maybe some
    chocolate, if he's nice. And a "hog" once a week. The new house may be far
    more involved, but I won't know until about June, when the home inspection
    report arrives.

    I still have quite a lot to do on my own house ... exterior sanding to bare
    wood & painting and replacing two retaining walls, and the usual gardening
    .... excuse me, I meant my wife's house. I'm just the hired help, ... but
    you all knew that, I suspect.
    --
    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > I subscribe to the microsoft ng's for networking, Jack, so that's where I
    > picked them up so I will probably post the links to H for his perusal <g>
    >
    > I have a wireless network here with 2 XPHomeSP2 boxes and one WinME box,
    > so I keep an eye out in case I have problems <g>
    >
    > Does this mean your Summer is being taken over by Heirlooms favourite
    > pastime, painting <g>
    > Joan
    >

    > Jack Martinelli wrote:
    > >
    > > Kudos to Joan, for all those great links re: networking, including
    > > two for MVP Steve Winograd's site, the networking Master:
    > > "Practically Networked"
    > > http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    > >
    > > And, yes, I would dearly love to have some chili with you, but my
    > > daughter just bought a new house and my summer has become rather
    > > fully booked just now. My to-do list never seems to get any shorter
    > > anymore.

    Haven't got a clue what you are referring to.......b, .g or .a? Actually, I
    put in a Linksys 'wired' router. I have the two boxes on seperate desks,
    next to each other.
    No more painting for me.......inside anyway. I have hired a couple of
    'pros' to do the last small room and 3 doors, plus, the high eaves on the
    outside.....I'll get the stuff I can reach, <g>. This ol' bod don't take
    to high ladders anymore.
    BTW, the liquid fire arrived today, thank you. I'll be sure and use it in
    the next batch of chili.
    Heirloom, old and where there is fire there are
    habeneros

    > Kudos to you for, first, for the courage to install such wireless hardware
    > and, second, for keeping it running, ... although the wireless systems
    here
    > are rather trouble-free. Is yours .b, .g, or (unlikely) .a?
    >
    > Re: my summer tasks: if it's only painting, I'm home free. I'll fly
    > heirloom to it and give my daughter a whip and some chili sauce. Maybe
    some
    > chocolate, if he's nice. And a "hog" once a week. The new house may be
    far
    > more involved, but I won't know until about June, when the home inspection
    > report arrives.
    >
    > I still have quite a lot to do on my own house ... exterior sanding to
    bare
    > wood & painting and replacing two retaining walls, and the usual
    gardening
    > ... excuse me, I meant my wife's house. I'm just the hired help, ... but
    > you all knew that, I suspect.
    > --
    > Jack E Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP Shell/User /DTS
    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ----------
    > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > > I subscribe to the microsoft ng's for networking, Jack, so that's where
    > > picked them up so I will probably post the links to H for his perusal
    <g>

    > > I have a wireless network here with 2 XPHomeSP2 boxes and one WinME box,
    > > so I keep an eye out in case I have problems <g>
    > >
    > > Does this mean your Summer is being taken over by Heirlooms favourite
    > > pastime, painting <g>
    > > Joan
    > >

    > > Jack Martinelli wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Kudos to Joan, for all those great links re: networking, including
    > > > two for MVP Steve Winograd's site, the networking Master:
    > > > "Practically Networked"
    > > > http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    > > >
    > > > And, yes, I would dearly love to have some chili with you, but my
    > > > daughter just bought a new house and my summer has become rather
    > > > fully booked just now. My to-do list never seems to get any shorter
    > > > anymore.

    Ahhhh, the light came on........802.11b, g & a.
    Heirloom, old and .......duh

    > Haven't got a clue what you are referring to.......b, .g or .a? Actually,
    > put in a Linksys 'wired' router. I have the two boxes on seperate desks,
    > next to each other.
    > No more painting for me.......inside anyway. I have hired a couple of
    > 'pros' to do the last small room and 3 doors, plus, the high eaves on the
    > outside.....I'll get the stuff I can reach, <g>. This ol' bod don't take
    > to high ladders anymore.
    > BTW, the liquid fire arrived today, thank you. I'll be sure and use it in
    > the next batch of chili.
    > Heirloom, old and where there is fire there
    are
    > habeneros

    The Kudos isn't mine Jack, I had my lads (from my local computer shop)
    come and set it all up for me <g> although I am responsable for keeping
    the three systems clean and running. Oh and it's a b. and I'm not swearing
    at you <vbg> and this set up is pretty much trouble free a couple of times
    when it's gone down it's just a question of rebooting the router and we're
    back in business <g>

    Re: summer, I really laughed when you mentioned a whip, tell her to be
    careful he might like it <vbg&rvvf>

    Re: hired help, I like that <g>
    Joan

    Jack Martinelli wrote:
    > Kudos to you for, first, for the courage to install such wireless
    > hardware and, second, for keeping it running, ... although the
    > wireless systems here are rather trouble-free. Is yours .b, .g, or
    > (unlikely) .a?
    >
    >snip>
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    <vbg> What did you think of the Liberty bike.
    Joan

    heirloom wrote:
    > Ahhhh, the light came on........802.11b, g & a.
    > Heirloom, old and .......duh

Microsoft Windows