Windows Me upgrade to XP!

I am considering upgrading my Windows Me to Xp Home Edition with SP2.

Do the upgrades work satisfactorily without the glitches that used to occur
when upgrading say, from Windows 95 to Windows 98, as in the "old days"?

Thanks for your help. Dave.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows upgrade

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=upgrade+Me+to+Xp+how+to
    Lots of good info on 'how-to" in the above search. from Google. You may
    want to try the same search, "upgrade Me to XP how to" in the Google
    'Groups', as well.
    Heirloom, old and nice to have both eyes

    "David SaintLaurent" <David SaintLaurent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:43477631-461D-4BB9-8998-D2972668BA54@microsoft.com...

    wrote:

    >I am considering upgrading my Windows Me to Xp Home Edition with SP2.
    >
    >Do the upgrades work satisfactorily without the glitches that used to occur
    >when upgrading say, from Windows 95 to Windows 98, as in the "old days"?
    >
    >Thanks for your help. Dave.

    Windows XP does use a much different procedure when upgrading,
    compared to that used by earlier versions of Windows, and this, plus
    the greatly improved stability of Windows XP compared to the 9x
    versions of Windows, means that upgrade install have a much better
    chance of working properly than they previously did.

    See MVP Gary Woodruff's article on upgrading to XP at
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm for specific advice.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --