it was ,...

created tuesday april 12 2005
modified wednesday, march 23 2004
accesses Today, April 22, 2005

how can it be modified bwefore it was created?

is this a virus?

thanks all

i run windows me, 800 mhz emachine
9 answers Last reply
More about kb891711

    Yes, this is a legitimate Windows program - running as a Service to protect
    you against some of the latest nasties on the internet.

    The reason that the Created date is later than the Modified date is that the
    Creation date is the date it's saved to your PCC, the Modified date is the
    date it was last saved by Microsoft before release through Windows Update.
    This again is quite normal - and you'll see similar effects with all Windows
    files, and many other program files.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "sean" <sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently noticed that my computer hangs in certain webpages, so i checked
    > what processes are running.(using stayalive)
    >
    > I found that there is a program called KB891711.EXE runnign everytime
    > windows boots up.
    >
    > is this a nromal windows process?
    >
    > version 4.10.0.2223
    > description Windows KB891711 component
    > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1991-2005
    >
    > it was ,...
    >
    > created tuesday april 12 2005
    > modified wednesday, march 23 2004
    > accesses Today, April 22, 2005
    >
    > how can it be modified bwefore it was created?
    >
    > is this a virus?
    >
    > thanks all
    >
    > i run windows me, 800 mhz emachine

    You should go back to Windows Update and install the latest critical
    updates, this one caused some problems with a few people but has now
    been updated.
    Joan

    sean wrote:
    > I recently noticed that my computer hangs in certain webpages, so i checked
    > what processes are running.(using stayalive)
    >
    > I found that there is a program called KB891711.EXE runnign everytime
    > windows boots up.
    >
    > is this a nromal windows process?
    >
    > version 4.10.0.2223
    > description Windows KB891711 component
    > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1991-2005
    >
    > it was ,...
    >
    > created tuesday april 12 2005
    > modified wednesday, march 23 2004
    > accesses Today, April 22, 2005
    >
    > how can it be modified bwefore it was created?
    >
    > is this a virus?
    >
    > thanks all
    >
    > i run windows me, 800 mhz emachine

    Oops! has he got the latest, I told him to go back to WU.
    Joan

    Noel Paton wrote:
    > Yes, this is a legitimate Windows program - running as a Service to protect
    > you against some of the latest nasties on the internet.
    >
    > The reason that the Created date is later than the Modified date is that the
    > Creation date is the date it's saved to your PCC, the Modified date is the
    > date it was last saved by Microsoft before release through Windows Update.
    > This again is quite normal - and you'll see similar effects with all Windows
    > files, and many other program files.

    Yup - 'created April 12th.' - mod March 23rd - the earlier version was mod
    Feb <somedate>

    --

    "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Oops! has he got the latest, I told him to go back to WU.
    > Joan
    >
    > Noel Paton wrote:
    >> Yes, this is a legitimate Windows program - running as a Service to
    >> protect you against some of the latest nasties on the internet.
    >>
    >> The reason that the Created date is later than the Modified date is that
    >> the Creation date is the date it's saved to your PCC, the Modified date
    >> is the date it was last saved by Microsoft before release through Windows
    >> Update. This again is quite normal - and you'll see similar effects with
    >> all Windows files, and many other program files.

    My bad, trying to read too many things at once here what with in here
    and at Aumha forums I'm getting quite dizzy <g>
    Joan