Motherboard??

Anyway of testing if a motherboard is working fully without using ram or
a processor? I know it sounds daft but is there some sort of device etc
that moinitors everything? Reason I ask is I have two old boards but no
parts that fit them. Short of buying bits and testing them i would like
to know if they can be used. Wondered if there was some type of special
device that could be useful in future etc.
4 answers Last reply
More about motherboard

    "paranoid-android" <paranoid-android@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Anyway of testing if a motherboard is working fully without using ram or a
    > processor? I know it sounds daft but is there some sort of device etc that
    > moinitors everything? Reason I ask is I have two old boards but no parts
    > that fit them. Short of buying bits and testing them i would like to know
    > if they can be used. Wondered if there was some type of special device
    > that could be useful in future etc.

    This may be a stupid question but . . . if they are old boards that you do
    not have the bits to test them with, why would you care whether they work or
    not? They are worth NOTHING on ebay (alone, that is), and the bits needed
    to build a system with them would probably add up to more than the cost of
    an entire new system. -Dave

    No there isn't.

    --
    DaveW

    "paranoid-android" <paranoid-android@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Anyway of testing if a motherboard is working fully without using ram or a
    > processor? I know it sounds daft but is there some sort of device etc that
    > moinitors everything? Reason I ask is I have two old boards but no parts
    > that fit them. Short of buying bits and testing them i would like to know
    > if they can be used. Wondered if there was some type of special device
    > that could be useful in future etc.

    paranoid-android:

    > Reason I ask is I have two old boards but no
    > parts that fit them. Short of buying bits and testing them i would like
    > to know if they can be used. Wondered if there was some type of special
    > device that could be useful in future etc.

    Nothing I know of. Borrow parts if possible, it isn't really worth the
    risk to buy parts just to test them.

    --
    Mac Cool

    "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:
    >"paranoid-android" <paranoid-android@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    >> ... I have two old boards but no parts
    >> that fit them. Short of buying bits and testing them i would like
    >> to know if they can be used. Wondered if there was some type of
    >> special device that could be useful in future etc.
    >
    >This may be a stupid question but . . . if they are old boards that
    >you do not have the bits to test them with, why would you care
    >whether they work or not? They are worth NOTHING on ebay

    Or maybe less than nothing, not worth trying to give away.

Homebuilt Motherboards Devices Systems