PSU question

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html

Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question is
in regards the PSU itself.

Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a different
power cable lead to plug into the mains?
3 answers Last reply
More about question

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html
    >
    > Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
    > electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
    > version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question
    is
    > in regards the PSU itself.
    >
    > Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a
    different
    > power cable lead to plug into the mains?

    They are the same. Manufacturers just include a switch for use with either
    standard of incoming ac voltage.

    "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html
    >
    > Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
    > electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
    > version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question
    is
    > in regards the PSU itself.
    >
    > Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a
    different
    > power cable lead to plug into the mains?

    That TT is good to go either side of the pond. By the way did you the
    correction on the review?

    Richard Dower wrote:
    > http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html
    >
    > Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
    > electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
    > version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question is
    > in regards the PSU itself.
    >
    > Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a different
    > power cable lead to plug into the mains?

    The specs say input voltage 100VAC / 240VAC and input freq. 47 - 63 Hz,
    so yes, it can use US or European power.

Homebuilt Hardware Power Supplies Cable Power Systems