PSU question

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2005 7:58:36 AM

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html

Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question is
in regards the PSU itself.

Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a different
power cable lead to plug into the mains?

More about : psu question

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2005 7:58:37 AM

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html
>
> Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
> electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
> version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question
is
> in regards the PSU itself.
>
> Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a
different
> power cable lead to plug into the mains?

They are the same. Manufacturers just include a switch for use with either
standard of incoming ac voltage.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2005 7:58:37 AM

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html
>
> Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
> electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
> version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question
is
> in regards the PSU itself.
>
> Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a
different
> power cable lead to plug into the mains?

That TT is good to go either side of the pond. By the way did you the
correction on the review?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2005 1:25:00 AM

Richard Dower wrote:
> http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th68sipuatx2.html
>
> Not sure if you'd know this or not, in the UK/Ireland we have a different
> electrical system and use a different power cord, 3pin plug. I know the US
> version of this power supply comes with a US power cable but my question is
> in regards the PSU itself.
>
> Is the UK version of this PSU the same as the US one, with just a different
> power cable lead to plug into the mains?

The specs say input voltage 100VAC / 240VAC and input freq. 47 - 63 Hz,
so yes, it can use US or European power.
!