problem sharing internet connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
July 18, 2005 7:50:01 PM

I have a wireless network which was working fine until I upgraded from a home
broadband account via set-top box to business broadband via cable modem. My
desktop and laptop can see each other, but the desktop won't share the
broadband connection for email or internet access. What do I do next?

Thanks
--
SamS
July 20, 2005 7:46:09 PM

Does the cable modem have an IP address that is conflicting with the IP of
your router? For example my Westel cable modem has a default IP of
192.168.1.1. That was the same default of my Netgear router, so I had to
change the router's IP to get out to the Internet.

"SamS" wrote:

> I have a wireless network which was working fine until I upgraded from a home
> broadband account via set-top box to business broadband via cable modem. My
> desktop and laptop can see each other, but the desktop won't share the
> broadband connection for email or internet access. What do I do next?
>
> Thanks
> --
> SamS
July 21, 2005 8:37:09 AM