problem sharing internet connection

I have a wireless network which was working fine until I upgraded from a home
broadband account via set-top box to business broadband via cable modem. My
desktop and laptop can see each other, but the desktop won't share the
broadband connection for email or internet access. What do I do next?

Thanks
--
SamS
2 answers Last reply

    Does the cable modem have an IP address that is conflicting with the IP of
    your router? For example my Westel cable modem has a default IP of
    192.168.1.1. That was the same default of my Netgear router, so I had to
    change the router's IP to get out to the Internet.

    "SamS" wrote:

    > I have a wireless network which was working fine until I upgraded from a home
    > broadband account via set-top box to business broadband via cable modem. My
    > desktop and laptop can see each other, but the desktop won't share the
    > broadband connection for email or internet access. What do I do next?
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > SamS

    Yup, that fixed it - thanks Phil
    --
    SamS

    "Phil" wrote:

    > Does the cable modem have an IP address that is conflicting with the IP of
    > your router? For example my Westel cable modem has a default IP of
    > 192.168.1.1. That was the same default of my Netgear router, so I had to
    > change the router's IP to get out to the Internet.
    >
    > "SamS" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a wireless network which was working fine until I upgraded from a home
    > > broadband account via set-top box to business broadband via cable modem. My
    > > desktop and laptop can see each other, but the desktop won't share the
    > > broadband connection for email or internet access. What do I do next?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > --
    > > SamS

Broadband Internet Connection Wireless Networking