Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

i haven't used my printer for a while but when i tried to
use it recently i got the message:
c:\windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\w32x86\3\E_DMSG00.exe
also at the same time the following message:
c:\progra~1\symantec\s32evnt1.dll.an installable virtual
device driver failed dll initialization.choose close to
terminate the application

I've tried a few things without result so any help would
be greatly appreciated

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the software for the printer, have
you checked the printer manufacturer's website for the latest XP drivers for
your printer?

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"fozzy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i haven't used my printer for a while but when i tried to
> use it recently i got the message:
> c:\windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\w32x86\3\E_DMSG00.exe
> also at the same time the following message:
> c:\progra~1\symantec\s32evnt1.dll.an installable virtual
> device driver failed dll initialization.choose close to
> terminate the application
>
> I've tried a few things without result so any help would
> be greatly appreciated

Fozzy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

re-install, also driver updates unfortunatly nothing.
i've got a few more optoins to try before i throw the
whole lot through the window (LOL) but thanks again

You're welcome.

As I look at the second error message you posted, there's a reference to
"Symantec," if you have any such software installed, it may be causing a
problem with regard to installing the printer and getting it recognized.
You might want to disable Symantec's software, Norton System Tools,
antivirus or whatever during the printer installation. If you are using
their firewall, be sure you are not connected to the Internet. If on a
broadband connation, temporarily disconnect the broadband modem to ensure no
worms come through an open port.