help with reg cleaner

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 24, 2005 4:00:41 PM

Recently i used reglceaner and erased most of my reg files, it stoped
> my pc from running practicly anything except for internet explorer and
> some media files, i dont want to reformat it cuz i would lose lots of
> info.
> is there any way to fix it?
> ps:i have windows Me i cant open/reinstall/unistall regcleaner i can
> barelly open folders and i dont know how to use ms-dos promt in
> windows ME.
> plz someone help me i would really appreciate it. :)

More about : reg cleaner

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 12:14:15 AM

You have several options including:
1), Use the undo files that you made when you use the registry cleaner.
Failing that and depending on how long ago you used the registry cleaner
you can use either
2) SCANREG /RESTORE (Start | Run and enter scanreg /restore in the box
and click OK) and choose to restore the registry from most recent of the
five dates offered that predates your using the registry cleaner, or,
3) System restore and roll your system back to the most recent checkpoint
that predates your use of the registry cleaner.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

jm_nike <jmvloera2000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Recently i used reglceaner and erased most of my reg files, it stoped
>> my pc from running practicly anything except for internet explorer
>> and some media files, i dont want to reformat it cuz i would lose
>> lots of info.
>> is there any way to fix it?
>> ps:i have windows Me i cant open/reinstall/unistall regcleaner i can
>> barelly open folders and i dont know how to use ms-dos promt in
>> windows ME.
>> plz someone help me i would really appreciate it. :)
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 12:14:16 AM

"Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message news:<OJPBQHQSFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>...
> You have several options including:
> 1), Use the undo files that you made when you use the registry cleaner.
> Failing that and depending on how long ago you used the registry cleaner
> you can use either
> 2) SCANREG /RESTORE (Start | Run and enter scanreg /restore in the box
> and click OK) and choose to restore the registry from most recent of the
> five dates offered that predates your using the registry cleaner, or,
> 3) System restore and roll your system back to the most recent checkpoint
> that predates your use of the registry cleaner.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> jm_nike <jmvloera2000@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Recently i used reglceaner and erased most of my reg files, it stoped
> >> my pc from running practicly anything except for internet explorer
> >> and some media files, i dont want to reformat it cuz i would lose
> >> lots of info.
> >> is there any way to fix it?
> >> ps:i have windows Me i cant open/reinstall/unistall regcleaner i can
> >> barelly open folders and i dont know how to use ms-dos promt in
> >> windows ME.
> >> plz someone help me i would really appreciate it. :)

i cant run any program so i cant do the ´´run´´ command
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:50:37 AM

Boot to DOS using a Win Me boot floppy and then run SCANREG /RESTORE from
the DOS prompt.
--

!