DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Under the "Network" tab in the diagnostic tool of DirectX I find these
notes:
Problems were found in the system registry.
Details available in the saved text file.
With good reason to believe this may have something to do with my login
problem, I would like to inquire how to go about finding that saved text
file.
I tried search but didn't come up with anything pertinent.
Any ideas?

Harry.
4 answers Last reply
More about directx diagnostic tool

    "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

    >Under the "Network" tab in the diagnostic tool of DirectX I find these
    >notes:
    >Problems were found in the system registry.
    >Details available in the saved text file.
    >With good reason to believe this may have something to do with my login
    >problem, I would like to inquire how to go about finding that saved text
    >file.
    >I tried search but didn't come up with anything pertinent.
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Harry.

    When you start DXDIAG click on the "Save all information" button near
    the bottom right of the opening screen. You will be prompted for the
    name and location for the file to be saved.

    The diagnostic information will be in that file.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron:

    Works fine, but doesn't render any useful information for my case.
    It's back to the drawing board.
    Eventually I'll get to the root of my problem.
    Thanks.

    Harry.

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Under the "Network" tab in the diagnostic tool of DirectX I find these
    > >notes:
    > >Problems were found in the system registry.
    > >Details available in the saved text file.
    > >With good reason to believe this may have something to do with my login
    > >problem, I would like to inquire how to go about finding that saved text
    > >file.
    > >I tried search but didn't come up with anything pertinent.
    > >Any ideas?
    > >
    > >Harry.
    > >

    > When you start DXDIAG click on the "Save all information" button near
    > the bottom right of the opening screen. You will be prompted for the
    > name and location for the file to be saved.
    >
    > The diagnostic information will be in that file.
    >
    > Good luck
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Let me correct that, Ron:
    I did find the information needed after first overlooking it.
    A number of CLSID Keys are missing in the registry.
    It seems that PC Bug Doctor could solve my problems, but they ask for quite
    a bit of money beyond the "free fix".
    Is there a free or less expensive program of equal capacity out there?
    Hoping there would be.

    Harry.

    > Ron:
    >
    > Works fine, but doesn't render any useful information for my case.
    > It's back to the drawing board.
    > Eventually I'll get to the root of my problem.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Ron Martell" <ron.martell@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Under the "Network" tab in the diagnostic tool of DirectX I find these
    > > >notes:
    > > >Problems were found in the system registry.
    > > >Details available in the saved text file.
    > > >With good reason to believe this may have something to do with my login
    > > >problem, I would like to inquire how to go about finding that saved
    text
    > > >file.
    > > >I tried search but didn't come up with anything pertinent.
    > > >Any ideas?
    > > >
    > > >Harry.
    > > >

    > > When you start DXDIAG click on the "Save all information" button near
    > > the bottom right of the opening screen. You will be prompted for the
    > > name and location for the file to be saved.
    > >
    > > The diagnostic information will be in that file.
    > >
    > > Good luck
    > >

    > > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > > --
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
    > >
    > > In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    > > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Colour me *blonde*.......but how on earth will PC Bug Doctor replace missing
    CLSID Keys in your Registry? I thought the aim of these sort of programs
    was to take OUT the ones that you didn't need....not put in the ones that
    you did.

    OTOH, I wouldn't go near one of these *pay once we find problems.....and we
    guarantee we WILL find problems, even if there aren't any* programs.

    Doubting Thomas

    > Let me correct that, Ron:
    > I did find the information needed after first overlooking it.
    > A number of CLSID Keys are missing in the registry.
    > It seems that PC Bug Doctor could solve my problems, but they ask for
    quite
    > a bit of money beyond the "free fix".
    > Is there a free or less expensive program of equal capacity out there?
    > Hoping there would be.
    >
    > Harry.
    > >

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Ron:
    > >
    > > Works fine, but doesn't render any useful information for my case.
    > > It's back to the drawing board.
    > > Eventually I'll get to the root of my problem.
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "Ron Martell" <ron.martell@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > text

    > > > When you start DXDIAG click on the "Save all information" button near
    > > > the bottom right of the opening screen. You will be prompted for the
    > > > name and location for the file to be saved.
    > > >
    > > > The diagnostic information will be in that file.
    > > >
    > > > Good luck
    > > >

    > > > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > > > --
    > > > Microsoft MVP
    > > > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > > > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
    > > >
    > > > In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
    > > > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Microsoft Directx Windows