Daignosis needed

Started to get weird graphics in Win XP - even text was jumbled with
incorrect letters or symbols replacing the correct letters.
Reformatted HDD and reinstalled XP - eveything OK for a couple of days, then
probs returned.
Now even the BIOS screens and XP install screens are jumbled.

So any ideas? I first thought it could be a virus - any current ones that
also affect BIOS screens?
Now thinking maybe video card or memory?
TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about daignosis needed

    In article <m_rId.66$DZ5.18@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, GTS says...
    > Started to get weird graphics in Win XP - even text was jumbled with
    > incorrect letters or symbols replacing the correct letters.
    > Reformatted HDD and reinstalled XP - eveything OK for a couple of days, then
    > probs returned.
    > Now even the BIOS screens and XP install screens are jumbled.
    >
    > So any ideas? I first thought it could be a virus - any current ones that
    > also affect BIOS screens?
    > Now thinking maybe video card or memory?

    Correct. See if the GPU fan is spinning.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

Homebuilt Windows XP Systems