Daignosis needed

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 22, 2005 3:50:26 PM

Started to get weird graphics in Win XP - even text was jumbled with
incorrect letters or symbols replacing the correct letters.
Reformatted HDD and reinstalled XP - eveything OK for a couple of days, then
probs returned.
Now even the BIOS screens and XP install screens are jumbled.

So any ideas? I first thought it could be a virus - any current ones that
also affect BIOS screens?
Now thinking maybe video card or memory?
TIA

More about : daignosis needed

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 22, 2005 4:24:00 PM

In article <m_rId.66$DZ5.18@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, GTS says...
> Started to get weird graphics in Win XP - even text was jumbled with
> incorrect letters or symbols replacing the correct letters.
> Reformatted HDD and reinstalled XP - eveything OK for a couple of days, then
> probs returned.
> Now even the BIOS screens and XP install screens are jumbled.
>
> So any ideas? I first thought it could be a virus - any current ones that
> also affect BIOS screens?
> Now thinking maybe video card or memory?

Correct. See if the GPU fan is spinning.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
!