Replace missing registry keys?

I'm not sure to be in the right forum, but ask anyway and take it from
there:
The diagnostic tool of directx has found numerous registry errors in the
HKCR/CLSID Keys.
How can this situation be resolved?

Harry.

Probably the best method in your case is to reinstall DX and ditch the
registry cleaners you've been using.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> I'm not sure to be in the right forum, but ask anyway and take it from
> there:
> The diagnostic tool of directx has found numerous registry errors in the
> HKCR/CLSID Keys.
> How can this situation be resolved?
>
> Harry.

Noel:

Since my last reinstall of WinME I haven't been using any registry cleaner
at all because of the warnings I was getting here.
Does it still call for a reinstall of DX?
And what if the same errors show up again?

Harry.

> Probably the best method in your case is to reinstall DX and ditch the
> registry cleaners you've been using.
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure to be in the right forum, but ask anyway and take it from
> > there:
> > The diagnostic tool of directx has found numerous registry errors in the
> > HKCR/CLSID Keys.
> > How can this situation be resolved?
> >
> > Harry.

Try it - it shouldn't make things any worse than they are.

--

> Noel:
>
> Since my last reinstall of WinME I haven't been using any registry cleaner
> at all because of the warnings I was getting here.
> Does it still call for a reinstall of DX?
> And what if the same errors show up again?
>
> Harry.
>

> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Probably the best method in your case is to reinstall DX and ditch the
>> registry cleaners you've been using.
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
>> > I'm not sure to be in the right forum, but ask anyway and take it from
>> > there:
>> > The diagnostic tool of directx has found numerous registry errors in
>> > the
>> > HKCR/CLSID Keys.
>> > How can this situation be resolved?
>> >
>> > Harry.

Noel:
What about Ron Martell's suggestion?
It makes a lot of sense to me.
I had asked in a different post about DX before, but was prompted (myself)
to start this new thread with registry as subject.

Harry.

> Try it - it shouldn't make things any worse than they are.
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Noel:
> >
> > Since my last reinstall of WinME I haven't been using any registry
cleaner
> > at all because of the warnings I was getting here.
> > Does it still call for a reinstall of DX?
> > And what if the same errors show up again?
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >> Probably the best method in your case is to reinstall DX and ditch the
> >> registry cleaners you've been using.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
> >>
> >> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> >> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
> >>
> >> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
NG's

> >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

I don't understand you, Webster. Martell's given you the fix for your
problem and for whatever reason you decide to start another thread.
When you don't like the advice, you then throw back Ron's earlier
recommendation from the other thread.

Me thinks you may have trouble obtaining advice in the future.

> Noel:
> What about Ron Martell's suggestion?
> It makes a lot of sense to me.
> I had asked in a different post about DX before, but was prompted
(myself)
> to start this new thread with registry as subject.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> > Try it - it shouldn't make things any worse than they are.
> >

> > --
> > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
> >
> > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> > http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
> >
> > Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages
to NG's

> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Noel:
> > >
> > > Since my last reinstall of WinME I haven't been using any
registry
> cleaner
> > > at all because of the warnings I was getting here.
> > > Does it still call for a reinstall of DX?
> > > And what if the same errors show up again?
> > >
> > > Harry.
> > >

> > > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> NG's

> from

Hold your horses, Dapper Dan, those two posts happened indepenently of each
other and I didn't have Ron Martell's answer until last.
I did not intend to create disturbance, rather than to solve my problem.
As things turned out, Ron's suggestion didn't produce the desired results.
All I have left now is to try Noel's advice.
Where did you sense I didn't like Ron's advice?
I happen to think highly of him, as well as everyone in this group.
If things keep going the way they are, I just may leave things the way they
were. The logon in question isn't that important anyway.
Why are misunderstandings so easily conceived?
I am certainly sorry about that.

Harry.

"Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> I don't understand you, Webster. Martell's given you the fix for your
> problem and for whatever reason you decide to start another thread.
> When you don't like the advice, you then throw back Ron's earlier
> recommendation from the other thread.
>
> Me thinks you may have trouble obtaining advice in the future.
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Noel:
> > What about Ron Martell's suggestion?
> > It makes a lot of sense to me.
> > I had asked in a different post about DX before, but was prompted
> (myself)
> > to start this new thread with registry as subject.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Try it - it shouldn't make things any worse than they are.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
> > >
> > > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> > > http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
> > >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
> > >
> > > Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages
> to NG's
> > >
> > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

> registry
> > cleaner

> ditch the

> messages to
> > NG's

> take it
> > from
> errors in

Harry
entries? - please cut/paste them to your response

--

> Hold your horses, Dapper Dan, those two posts happened indepenently of
> each
> other and I didn't have Ron Martell's answer until last.
> I did not intend to create disturbance, rather than to solve my problem.
> As things turned out, Ron's suggestion didn't produce the desired results.
> All I have left now is to try Noel's advice.
> Where did you sense I didn't like Ron's advice?
> I happen to think highly of him, as well as everyone in this group.
> If things keep going the way they are, I just may leave things the way
> they
> were. The logon in question isn't that important anyway.
> Why are misunderstandings so easily conceived?
> I am certainly sorry about that.
>
> Harry.
>
> "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
>> I don't understand you, Webster. Martell's given you the fix for your
>> problem and for whatever reason you decide to start another thread.
>> When you don't like the advice, you then throw back Ron's earlier
>> recommendation from the other thread.
>>
>> Me thinks you may have trouble obtaining advice in the future.
>>

>> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Noel:
>> > What about Ron Martell's suggestion?
>> > It makes a lot of sense to me.
>> > I had asked in a different post about DX before, but was prompted
>> (myself)
>> > to start this new thread with registry as subject.
>> >
>> > Harry.
>> >

>> > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

>> to NG's

>> registry
>> > cleaner

>> ditch the

>> messages to
>> > NG's

>> take it
>> > from
>> errors in

Noel:
I am not familiar with cut/paste at all, but I can tell you what it says in
the saved text file: "Registry Errors Found:
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperUPnP.\CLSID' is missing.
There are 21 more entries like it, some of them with only numbers in { }
but all of them CLSID's.
Would you mind explaining the process of cut/paste to me, it might help me
in the future.
Thanks for bearing with me, Noel.

Harry.

> Harry
> entries? - please cut/paste them to your response
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Hold your horses, Dapper Dan, those two posts happened indepenently of
> > each
> > other and I didn't have Ron Martell's answer until last.
> > I did not intend to create disturbance, rather than to solve my problem.
> > As things turned out, Ron's suggestion didn't produce the desired
results.
> > All I have left now is to try Noel's advice.
> > Where did you sense I didn't like Ron's advice?
> > I happen to think highly of him, as well as everyone in this group.
> > If things keep going the way they are, I just may leave things the way
> > they
> > were. The logon in question isn't that important anyway.
> > Why are misunderstandings so easily conceived?
> > I am certainly sorry about that.
> >
> > Harry.
> >
> > "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> >> I don't understand you, Webster. Martell's given you the fix for your
> >> problem and for whatever reason you decide to start another thread.
> >> When you don't like the advice, you then throw back Ron's earlier
> >> recommendation from the other thread.
> >>
> >> Me thinks you may have trouble obtaining advice in the future.
> >>

> >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

> >> (myself)

> >> to NG's

> >> registry

> >> ditch the

> >> messages to

> >> take it
> >> errors in

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Harry......Noel means to *copy and paste*......to my thinking. Do you not
know how to do that??

Highlight (drag mouse over what you want to copy with left click held down)
and then right click and select *copy*. Go to your post and left click
anywhere in the blank body and then right click and select *paste*.

Heather

> [...]

results.
> > All I have left now is to try Noel's advice.
> > Where did you sense I didn't like Ron's advice?
> > I happen to think highly of him, as well as everyone in this group.
> > If things keep going the way they are, I just may leave things the way
> > they
> > were. The logon in question isn't that important anyway.
> > Why are misunderstandings so easily conceived?
> > I am certainly sorry about that.
> >
> > Harry.
> >
> > "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> >> I don't understand you, Webster. Martell's given you the fix for your
> >> problem and for whatever reason you decide to start another thread.
> >> When you don't like the advice, you then throw back Ron's earlier
> >> recommendation from the other thread.
> >>
> >> Me thinks you may have trouble obtaining advice in the future.

Registry Errors Found:
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperUPnP.1\CLSID' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperUPnP.1' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperUPnP\CurVer' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperUPnP\CLSID' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperUPnP' is missing.
Key
'HKCR\CLSID\{B9C2E9C4-68C1-4D42-A7A1-E76A26982AD6}\VersionIndependentProgID'
is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{B9C2E9C4-68C1-4D42-A7A1-E76A26982AD6}\ProgID' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{B9C2E9C4-68C1-4D42-A7A1-E76A26982AD6}\InprocServer32' is
missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{B9C2E9C4-68C1-4D42-A7A1-E76A26982AD6}\InprocServer32' is
missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{B9C2E9C4-68C1-4D42-A7A1-E76A26982AD6}\InprocServer32' is
missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{B9C2E9C4-68C1-4D42-A7A1-E76A26982AD6}' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperPAST.1\CLSID' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperPAST.1' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperPAST\CurVer' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperPAST\CLSID' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\DirectPlayNATHelperPAST' is missing.
Key
'HKCR\CLSID\{963AB779-16A1-477C-A36D-CB5E711938F7}\VersionIndependentProgID'
is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{963AB779-16A1-477C-A36D-CB5E711938F7}\ProgID' is missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{963AB779-16A1-477C-A36D-CB5E711938F7}\InprocServer32' is
missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{963AB779-16A1-477C-A36D-CB5E711938F7}\InprocServer32' is
missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{963AB779-16A1-477C-A36D-CB5E711938F7}\InprocServer32' is
missing.
Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{963AB779-16A1-477C-A36D-CB5E711938F7}' is missing.

Noel:
Well, what do you know, having done this for the first time isn't too bad, i
s it?
Hope I caught all of it and that you can make sense of it too.
Heather deserves the credit for this experiment to have worked.
All that's left for me to do is to remember it!!
Thanks for all your help.

Harry.