Quiet AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU Fan

Any of you guys recommend a quiet cpu fan for an athlon xp 2200+ cpu. I
currently have a coolermaster that was meant to be quiet but it's anything
but. Am willing to spend up to about £20, thanks in advance for your help,

PT
7 answers Last reply
More about quiet athlon 2200

    www.quietpc.com/uk is even better ;-)
    ^

    In article <cstuv3$si$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>, Paul Trimble (ACITP)
    says...

    www.quitepc.com/uk has a good selection.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

    if you can find them in the UK these about as good as you find and cheaper
    than most. seems they recently changed their name from speeze to masscool so
    probably search for both.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-010&depa=1

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-023&depa=1

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-040&depa=1

    Paul Trimble (ACITP) wrote:
    > Any of you guys recommend a quiet cpu fan for an athlon xp 2200+ cpu. I
    > currently have a coolermaster that was meant to be quiet but it's anything
    > but. Am willing to spend up to about £20, thanks in advance for your help,
    >
    > PT

    What happened to the one that came with it? I'm using AMD supplied HSF
    units on two of my systems and they're very quiet. The only one that
    wasn't was an aftermarket 'quiet' HSF... You could probably get away
    with putting on a quiet fan on the coolermaster, or using an adapter to
    get a larger (and quietter) fan on it.

    Cheers,

    Ari

    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
    of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
    people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
    volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    The CPU was an OEM version sold without a heatsink & fan, in the future I
    will be buying the boxed versions, but I need a new fan for my OEM CPU.

    PT

    Paul Trimble (ACITP) wrote:
    > The CPU was an OEM version sold without a heatsink & fan, in the future I
    > will be buying the boxed versions, but I need a new fan for my OEM CPU.
    >
    > PT

    not knowing the model of coolermaster HSF you need the new fan for,
    perhaps you could at least let us know what the current fan's dimensions
    are? Is it a 60x60x25mm? 80mm? 92mm? Or do you want to just replace the
    entire unit?

    > "spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Paul Trimble (ACITP) wrote:
    >>
    >>>Any of you guys recommend a quiet cpu fan for an athlon xp 2200+ cpu. I
    >>>currently have a coolermaster that was meant to be quiet but it's
    >>>anything but. Am willing to spend up to about £20, thanks in advance for
    >>>your help,
    >>>
    >>>PT
    >>
    >>What happened to the one that came with it? I'm using AMD supplied HSF
    >>units on two of my systems and they're very quiet. The only one that
    >>wasn't was an aftermarket 'quiet' HSF... You could probably get away with
    >>putting on a quiet fan on the coolermaster, or using an adapter to get a
    >>larger (and quietter) fan on it.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Ari
    >>
    >>--
    >>spammage trappage: replace fishies_ with yahoo
    >>
    >>I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried to protect my
    >>neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end of
    >>the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
    >>people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
    >>volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    >>http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    >>http://www.marrow.org/

    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
    of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
    people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
    volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    ZALMAN CNPS 7000 CU, in my country is about 30 pounds but in UK is probably
    cheaper.
    I use it on Athlon 1200 (non XP version) and other one on my new Athlon64
    3000+

    Great heatsink, has its own speed regulator and on both computers I keep it
    at minimum RPM with no problems.
    You have to open your case and put your ear close to it he hear it!
    Only problem is, does your motherboard support it.
    Motherboard must have four holes around processor socket and no tall
    capacitors near processor.
    To check compatibility go to:

    http://www.zalman.co.kr/

    Recommended, if you can install it !

    >> Any of you guys recommend a quiet cpu fan for an athlon xp 2200+ cpu. I
    >> currently have a coolermaster that was meant to be quiet but it's
    >> anything
    >> but. Am willing to spend up to about £20, thanks in advance for your
    >> help,
    >>
    >> PT
    >>

    > "Paul Trimble (ACITP)" <maverickpt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Any of you guys recommend a quiet cpu fan for an athlon xp 2200+ cpu. I
    >> currently have a coolermaster that was meant to be quiet but it's
    >> anything
    >> but. Am willing to spend up to about £20, thanks in advance for your
    >> help,
    >>
    >> PT

Homebuilt CPUs Windows XP Systems