Wirless DSL problem question

Hello ,

Pease find a solution with me on this problem:

I have a Clint has a PC with DSL line and external ZEKSL modem, He has
also laptop with wirless LAN.

The PC has Network card, and we buy a 5 port switch and access point
ZEKSL too.

The idea that he want the PC to send the DSL connection to the laptop
wirless so he can access the internet from any room by his laptop.

.. So i start by linking a cable between the modem and the WAN port in
the switch.

.. Link a cable from the switch to the Network card in the PC.

.. And finally, Link a cable from the switch to the access point.

After finish and start to test, The laptop recognize the connection
without any problem and i can browse the internet easily.

The problem i have now that the PC itself stop browsing the internet
any more !! and he was working before. (I mean the IE cannnot find ANY
page)

.. I tried to link again from the modem direct to the Network card ..but
sometimes it work and sometimes no !!
.. I buy another Network card ..but it did not work.

Can any one support me please on how to make the PC surfing the Net
successfully and by the way how can i share all files & folders between
the PC and notebook.

Best Regards,
Bassem

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

How are you setting up the IP addresses for the computers? If you open a
command window and type ipconfig /all you will see the IP address and
Gateway address and DNS addresses. You might tell what addresses you are
showing.

Clark

"bsuma" <bassemf@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello ,
>
> Pease find a solution with me on this problem:
>
> I have a Clint has a PC with DSL line and external ZEKSL modem, He has
> also laptop with wirless LAN.
>
> The PC has Network card, and we buy a 5 port switch and access point
> ZEKSL too.
>
> The idea that he want the PC to send the DSL connection to the laptop
> wirless so he can access the internet from any room by his laptop.
>

> . So i start by linking a cable between the modem and the WAN port in
> the switch.
>
> . Link a cable from the switch to the Network card in the PC.
>
> . And finally, Link a cable from the switch to the access point.
>

> After finish and start to test, The laptop recognize the connection
> without any problem and i can browse the internet easily.
>
> The problem i have now that the PC itself stop browsing the internet
> any more !! and he was working before. (I mean the IE cannnot find ANY
> page)
>

> . I tried to link again from the modem direct to the Network card ..but
> sometimes it work and sometimes no !!
> . I buy another Network card ..but it did not work.
>
> Can any one support me please on how to make the PC surfing the Net
> successfully and by the way how can i share all files & folders between
> the PC and notebook.
>
> Best Regards,
> Bassem

Does your switch support NAT? If support, you should specify the private IP
address for PC and AP or use a DHCP to assign the IP for them.
And you need also configuration the swtich to specify port for PC and also
port for AP. If the default is all traffic passed to the prot where AP
connected, the PC then cannot access internet.

So please check NAT, and check the port configuration of the switch.
Another thing is that DSL need some time to get an IP address for Internet
from your ISP and it may need MAC address. So whatever modem direct to the
Network card or to switch, unplug the DSL power line and plug again to make
it like a reboot.