SpyBot Defintions Update 27/04/05

<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13242>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
5 answers Last reply
More about spybot defintions update

    Silj:

    Thank you for being 'on the spot'.

    Harry.

    "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13242>
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Silj:

    When I first searched for updates, there were three, two of them checked and
    english language. I checked it also and started downloading. After
    installation only the english language update finished correctly, the other
    two (detection rules and immunization, I believe) had a checksum error mark.
    I tried the two over and only immunization finished.
    Finally on the third try I got the detection rules to finish.
    I don't recall ever having this difficulty before.
    What do you suppose, the reason may have been?
    When I was finished running the scanner, it congratulated me for not having
    found any immediate threads.
    That's all that really matters.

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:50:37 -0400, "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

    >When I first searched for updates, there were three, two of them checked and
    >english language. I checked it also and started downloading. After
    >installation only the english language update finished correctly, the other
    >two (detection rules and immunization, I believe) had a checksum error mark.

    Seeing this too. Maybe a bad update, or bad server issues. I used an
    older pair of previously-downloaded updates from USB stick instead.

    Gone to bloggery: http://cquirke.blogspot.com

    "cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user)" <cquirkenews@nospam.mvps.org> wrote in
    message news:hbp5719pf746vcgp283rhsas0p96udfico@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:50:37 -0400, "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>
    >
    > >When I first searched for updates, there were three, two of them checked
    and
    > >english language. I checked it also and started downloading. After
    > >installation only the english language update finished correctly, the
    other
    > >two (detection rules and immunization, I believe) had a checksum error
    mark.

    > Seeing this too. Maybe a bad update, or bad server issues. I used an
    > older pair of previously-downloaded updates from USB stick instead.
    >
    > It always feels good, not to be alone with your troubles.
    >
    > Harry.
    >
    > >---------- ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
    > Gone to bloggery: http://cquirke.blogspot.com
    > >---------- ----- ---- --- -- - - - -

    > That's a good place to keep in mind, cq.
    >
    > ....., again. :-)

    "checksum" errors - "bad checksum" errors are server-related, not
    application specific.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Internet Explorer Security Spybot Microsoft Windows