SpyBot Defintions Update 27/04/05

<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13242>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Silj:

Thank you for being 'on the spot'.

Harry.

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=13242>
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Silj:

When I first searched for updates, there were three, two of them checked and
english language. I checked it also and started downloading. After
installation only the english language update finished correctly, the other
two (detection rules and immunization, I believe) had a checksum error mark.
I tried the two over and only immunization finished.
Finally on the third try I got the detection rules to finish.
I don't recall ever having this difficulty before.
What do you suppose, the reason may have been?
When I was finished running the scanner, it congratulated me for not having
found any immediate threads.
That's all that really matters.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:50:37 -0400, "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>

>When I first searched for updates, there were three, two of them checked and
>english language. I checked it also and started downloading. After
>installation only the english language update finished correctly, the other
>two (detection rules and immunization, I believe) had a checksum error mark.

Seeing this too. Maybe a bad update, or bad server issues. I used an
older pair of previously-downloaded updates from USB stick instead.

Gone to bloggery: http://cquirke.blogspot.com

"cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user)" <cquirkenews@nospam.mvps.org> wrote in
message news:hbp5719pf746vcgp283rhsas0p96udfico@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:50:37 -0400, "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net>
>
> >When I first searched for updates, there were three, two of them checked
and
> >english language. I checked it also and started downloading. After
> >installation only the english language update finished correctly, the
other
> >two (detection rules and immunization, I believe) had a checksum error
mark.

> Seeing this too. Maybe a bad update, or bad server issues. I used an
> older pair of previously-downloaded updates from USB stick instead.
>
> It always feels good, not to be alone with your troubles.
>
> Harry.

> Gone to bloggery: http://cquirke.blogspot.com

> That's a good place to keep in mind, cq.
>
> ....., again. :)

"checksum" errors - "bad checksum" errors are server-related, not
application specific.

Silj