Athlon 64 with heat emergencies

Is it sure that the new AMD Athlon 64 (90 nm?) processors will have a
reliable and excellent thermal design like Pentium 4
(http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20010917/heatvideo-02.html)? I have heard
that also AMD will use the clock-throttling technique? Is it true? I just
want to buy an Athlon 64 with the clock-throttling technique (and SSE3).
What is the correct model for me?

See also http://www12.tomshardware.com/images/thg_video_1_cpu_cooling.zip.

--
Henri Heinonen - filosofian ylioppilas fysiikasta
Allekirjoita vetoomus: http://www.petitiononline.com/combo/petition.html

    You will need to wait for newer model A64 processors to get SSE3

    Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    > Is it sure that the new AMD Athlon 64 (90 nm?) processors will have a
    > reliable and excellent thermal design like Pentium 4
    > (http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20010917/heatvideo-02.html)? I have heard
    > that also AMD will use the clock-throttling technique? Is it true? I just
    > want to buy an Athlon 64 with the clock-throttling technique (and SSE3).
    > What is the correct model for me?
    >
    > See also http://www12.tomshardware.com/images/thg_video_1_cpu_cooling.zip.

    The motherboard is what stops a chip from overheating in the event of a
    heat sink or fan failure. All new motherboards should implement this
    feature. It was available for quite some time in the AMD chips
    themselves (on die thermal sensor) before motherboard manufacturers
    built boards that used it for AMD chips.

    Cheers,

    Ari

    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
    of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
    people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
    volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

Homebuilt Heat AMD Systems