  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 27, 2005 7:39:18 PM

Hi all

I've been using cut&paste for so long (using Ctrl C & V) just to realized
now that I need the Clipboard Viewer; its not in the System Tools anymore.
Cant be found with Search. I know the program is still there, could use a
link in the Help & Support. Where can I retrieve it?
The reason I want it is to use the "Print Screen key" (which I never
used before...in 4 years. Or is there another way to use that key for a
screen shot. But I'd like to get the Viewer back if possible.
Tks in advance.

--
cogito ergo sum

More about : clipboard viewer

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:04:05 AM

The clipboard viewer is the file clipbrd.exe which should be located in
the Windows folder. If missing you can restore it using Add/Remove
Programs | Windows Setup | System Tools - Details. If already checked,
uncheck, OK and Apply and then return and check it again and then again OK
and Apply.

Once you have located/reinstalled clipbrd.exe you can crate a shortcut to
it and place it wherever best suits your needs.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

PAT (Paul) <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I've been using cut&paste for so long (using Ctrl C & V) just to
> realized now that I need the Clipboard Viewer; its not in the System
> Tools anymore. Cant be found with Search. I know the program is still
> there, could use a link in the Help & Support. Where can I retrieve
> it? The reason I want it is to use the "Print Screen key" (which
> I never
> used before...in 4 years. Or is there another way to use that key
> for a screen shot. But I'd like to get the Viewer back if possible.
> Tks in advance.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:04:48 AM

"How to Install and Run Clipboard Viewer"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141310

Mart

"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I've been using cut&paste for so long (using Ctrl C & V) just to realized
> now that I need the Clipboard Viewer; its not in the System Tools anymore.
> Cant be found with Search. I know the program is still there, could use a
> link in the Help & Support. Where can I retrieve it?
> The reason I want it is to use the "Print Screen key" (which I never
> used before...in 4 years. Or is there another way to use that key for a
> screen shot. But I'd like to get the Viewer back if possible.
> Tks in advance.
>
> --
> cogito ergo sum
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:18:09 PM

Thanks Mike and Mart.Couldnt reply because I got hit really bad last night
and just finished untangling the mess. Ill make another post for the odds
and ends (the clipbord had nothing to do with this attack) tks.
cogito ergo sum

!