What i am looking for a solution to get 4 HDD AND 4 CD Drivers
is it possible to do it ?
for my logic yes it can be done if there is additional cards to add
for you extra ide

if there is such card what is there names where i can get it

i am using p4 mother board
if any one can help just answer plz

In article <2db27eb2.0501250434.237a5c3a@posting.google.com>, SELIM
ZAIRI says...
> What i am looking for a solution to get 4 HDD AND 4 CD Drivers
> is it possible to do it ?
> for my logic yes it can be done if there is additional cards to add
> for you extra ide
>
> if there is such card what is there names where i can get it

Promise TX2.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

you need an ide controller card which plugs into a pci slot and will give
you the option of fitting another 4 devices

so you could have 4 hd on the controller and 4 dvds on the ordinary one you
have just now

make sure you have room for all that in your case with plenty of space
between the drives....dont stack them on top of each other with no or little
space between them

and get plenty of cooling fans too!

SELIM ZAIRI wrote:

> What i am looking for a solution to get 4 HDD AND 4 CD Drivers
> is it possible to do it ?
> for my logic yes it can be done if there is additional cards to add
> for you extra ide
>
> if there is such card what is there names where i can get it
>
> i am using p4 mother board
> if any one can help just answer plz

And a new much larger power supply.

Acard 6880 - pci raid controller or ide adapter $50 US at newegg.com

considerably cheaper than the promise and seems to work well so far.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> SELIM ZAIRI wrote:
>> What i am looking for a solution to get 4 HDD AND 4 CD Drivers
>> is it possible to do it ?
>> for my logic yes it can be done if there is additional cards to add
>> for you extra ide
>>
>> if there is such card what is there names where i can get it
>>
>> i am using p4 mother board
>> if any one can help just answer plz
>
> Acard 6880 - pci raid controller or ide adapter $50 US at newegg.com
>
> considerably cheaper than the promise and seems to work well so far.

The OP said he was using 4 HDD's not 2. The need would be for something
along the lines of a Fasttrak TX 4000/ This can be used as a RAID 0, 1, 0+1
or JBOD.

SELIM ZAIRI wrote:

> What i am looking for a solution to get 4 HDD AND 4 CD Drivers
> is it possible to do it ?
> for my logic yes it can be done if there is additional cards to add
> for you extra ide
>
> if there is such card what is there names where i can get it
>
> i am using p4 mother board
> if any one can help just answer plz

Yeah, just run your 4 CD drives from your motherboard's 2 IDE ports, and
hook up the 4 HDD's to an add-in ATA controller card.

Good ones can be found by Promise and Highpoint.

Here's one from Highpoint that has 2 IDE ports. YOu can hook 2 up as master
and 2 drives up as slave. It's only $25, so it's pretty inexpensive.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=132221

Now, if you were meaning that you wanted to install 4 more CD drives and 4
more HDD's, then I'm not familiar if add-in PCI cards support ATAPI drives,
which is what your CD drives are. You'd have to contact the manufacturer
before purchasing..

--

Registered Linux user #378193

Frank wrote:
> "sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> SELIM ZAIRI wrote:
>>> What i am looking for a solution to get 4 HDD AND 4 CD Drivers
>>> is it possible to do it ?
>>> for my logic yes it can be done if there is additional cards to add
>>> for you extra ide
>>>
>>> if there is such card what is there names where i can get it
>>>
>>> i am using p4 mother board
>>> if any one can help just answer plz
>>
>> Acard 6880 - pci raid controller or ide adapter $50 US at newegg.com
>>
>> considerably cheaper than the promise and seems to work well so far.
>
> The OP said he was using 4 HDD's not 2. The need would be for
> something along the lines of a Fasttrak TX 4000/ This can be used as
> a RAID 0, 1, 0+1 or JBOD.

So can the acard. right now i have 2-120s and room for 2 more and they can
be just as you described. What's your point other than you are commenting
on hardware you don't have?

Frank wrote:
> "sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> SELIM ZAIRI wrote:
>>> What i am looking for a solution to get 4 HDD AND 4 CD Drivers
>>> is it possible to do it ?
>>> for my logic yes it can be done if there is additional cards to add
>>> for you extra ide
>>>
>>> if there is such card what is there names where i can get it
>>>
>>> i am using p4 mother board
>>> if any one can help just answer plz
>>
>> Acard 6880 - pci raid controller or ide adapter $50 US at newegg.com
>>
>> considerably cheaper than the promise and seems to work well so far.
>
> The OP said he was using 4 HDD's not 2. The need would be for
> something along the lines of a Fasttrak TX 4000/ This can be used as
> a RAID 0, 1, 0+1 or JBOD.

Oh and by the way, here's the link to newegg

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=16-123-107&depa=0

And your point is???????

> Frank wrote:
>> "sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Acard 6880 - pci raid controller or ide adapter $50 US at newegg.com
>>>
>>> considerably cheaper than the promise and seems to work well so far.
>>
>> The OP said he was using 4 HDD's not 2. The need would be for
>> something along the lines of a Fasttrak TX 4000/ This can be used as
>> a RAID 0, 1, 0+1 or JBOD.
>
> Oh and by the way, here's the link to newegg
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=16-123-107&depa=0
>
> And your point is???????

My point is: The OP is wanting to use 4 HDD'S and 4 ATAPI devices, he will
not want
to go cheap. Promise cards will allow one to place each HDD on its own
channel. I
do know what I am talking about when people come to me with this junk and I
have to
tell them it can't be fixed. However to _each_ his _own_. Do you get the
point?????

Frank wrote:
> "sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Frank wrote:
>>> "sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> The OP said he was using 4 HDD's not 2. The need would be for
>>> something along the lines of a Fasttrak TX 4000/ This can be used
>>> as a RAID 0, 1, 0+1 or JBOD.
>>
>> Oh and by the way, here's the link to newegg
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=16-123-107&depa=0
>>
>> And your point is???????
>
> My point is: The OP is wanting to use 4 HDD'S and 4 ATAPI devices,
> he will not want
> to go cheap. Promise cards will allow one to place each HDD on its
> own channel. I
> do know what I am talking about when people come to me with this junk
> and I have to
> tell them it can't be fixed. However to _each_ his _own_. Do you
> get the point?????

Yea your head!

4 cds on the mains and 4 hds on the card. not to difficult is it? or are
you one of those "i am so superior" idiots that can't accept that there is a
different way of doing things than your own? if you like throwing away
money go ahead, but if you like making things work, and work well at a
reasonable cost, open you mind.