Can't see other computers on network

Have set up network of 4 computers. Given all same workgroup name. Can ping
by ip address but not name. They show up in Network neighbourhood but I
cannot access them.

Also when setting up using network wizard should it pick up my wirless
network USB adapter.

All computers are Windows Xp Pro

Thanks

Lyn

Forgot to say that I have a main computer contected to an ADSL router with an
Acess Point atttached. The other computers all have wirles USB adapters.

Lyn

"Lyn" wrote:

> Have set up network of 4 computers. Given all same workgroup name. Can ping
> by ip address but not name. They show up in Network neighbourhood but I
> cannot access them.
>
> Also when setting up using network wizard should it pick up my wirless
> network USB adapter.
>
> All computers are Windows Xp Pro
>

> Thanks
>
> Lyn

Malke

Lyn wrote:

> Have set up network of 4 computers. Given all same workgroup name. Can
> ping by ip address but not name. They show up in Network neighbourhood
> but I cannot access them.
>
> Also when setting up using network wizard should it pick up my wirless
> network USB adapter.
>
> All computers are Windows Xp Pro

The Workgroup name is irrelevant; computers do not have to have the same
Workgroup name to share files and printers. The most common cause of
networking problems is an incorrectly configured firewall. Here are
links to help you with your home network, including an excellent
network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna.

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm
(Pro)

Malke
--