Can I reset chip?

Hi,
i have an Epson stylus c60 printer;
this is my problem, my cartridges are empty, i have the ink for refill them,
but i haven't the software for resetting the chip of the cartridges.
Can someone tell me where i can find on the net a software to do it?
else exist an hardware method to reset them?

thank you all
7 answers Last reply
More about reset chip

    http://www.ssclg.com/epson.shtml

    "fabio" <fabiom@wooow.it> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > i have an Epson stylus c60 printer;
    > this is my problem, my cartridges are empty, i have the ink for refill
    > them,
    > but i haven't the software for resetting the chip of the cartridges.
    > Can someone tell me where i can find on the net a software to do it?
    > else exist an hardware method to reset them?
    >
    > thank you all

    First of all, when your C60 cartridge says its empty there is still
    approximately 30% more ink left in it. The best thing for you to do is buy a
    chip resetter and reset the OEM cartridge prior to refilling it. This will
    give you many more prints before you have to refill it. The resetters are
    available on the internet for $10 to $15. Your first mistake was buying a
    printer that takes a chipped cartridge. Canon or HP printers are your best
    bet. Pete
    "fabio" <fabiom@wooow.it> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > i have an Epson stylus c60 printer;
    > this is my problem, my cartridges are empty, i have the ink for refill
    them,
    > but i haven't the software for resetting the chip of the cartridges.
    > Can someone tell me where i can find on the net a software to do it?
    > else exist an hardware method to reset them?
    >
    > thank you all

    Without getting into a battle over which printers are best, as each have
    certain advantages and disadvantages (and I don't like Epson chips at
    all), the one possible pitfall of resetting the chip on an Epson
    cartridge before it runs out is that you may run the cartridge dry and
    that can lead to an air lock in the head.. This has become a problem in
    some of the recent "all in one" Epson printers. In the C60 it is less
    of a issue because the C60 cartridge used dye inks that are a bit easier
    to purge and get running, and overall it restarts fairly easily, but I
    did want to warn people that some of the newer Durabrite printers seem
    to be having some problems with airlocks in the heads causing difficulty
    in restarting the ink flow. In most cases even those can be restarted,
    but they are more difficult than earlier models.

    Art

    Pete wrote:

    > First of all, when your C60 cartridge says its empty there is still
    > approximately 30% more ink left in it. The best thing for you to do is buy a
    > chip resetter and reset the OEM cartridge prior to refilling it. This will
    > give you many more prints before you have to refill it. The resetters are
    > available on the internet for $10 to $15. Your first mistake was buying a
    > printer that takes a chipped cartridge. Canon or HP printers are your best
    > bet. Pete
    > "fabio" <fabiom@wooow.it> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>i have an Epson stylus c60 printer;
    >>this is my problem, my cartridges are empty, i have the ink for refill
    >
    > them,
    >
    >>but i haven't the software for resetting the chip of the cartridges.
    >>Can someone tell me where i can find on the net a software to do it?
    >>else exist an hardware method to reset them?
    >>
    >>thank you all

    Hello All

    I have the Epson C80 and I can't get the yellow or black to work and I would
    like to know how to purge the Print Head myself ...

    Don
    "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
    > Without getting into a battle over which printers are best, as each have
    > certain advantages and disadvantages (and I don't like Epson chips at
    > all), the one possible pitfall of resetting the chip on an Epson cartridge
    > before it runs out is that you may run the cartridge dry and that can lead
    > to an air lock in the head.. This has become a problem in some of the
    > recent "all in one" Epson printers. In the C60 it is less of a issue
    > because the C60 cartridge used dye inks that are a bit easier to purge and
    > get running, and overall it restarts fairly easily, but I did want to warn
    > people that some of the newer Durabrite printers seem to be having some
    > problems with airlocks in the heads causing difficulty in restarting the
    > ink flow. In most cases even those can be restarted, but they are more
    > difficult than earlier models.
    >
    > Art
    >
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    >> First of all, when your C60 cartridge says its empty there is still
    >> approximately 30% more ink left in it. The best thing for you to do is
    >> buy a
    >> chip resetter and reset the OEM cartridge prior to refilling it. This
    >> will
    >> give you many more prints before you have to refill it. The resetters are
    >> available on the internet for $10 to $15. Your first mistake was buying a
    >> printer that takes a chipped cartridge. Canon or HP printers are your
    >> best
    >> bet. Pete
    >> "fabio" <fabiom@wooow.it> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>i have an Epson stylus c60 printer;
    >>>this is my problem, my cartridges are empty, i have the ink for refill
    >>
    >> them,
    >>
    >>>but i haven't the software for resetting the chip of the cartridges.
    >>>Can someone tell me where i can find on the net a software to do it?
    >>>else exist an hardware method to reset them?
    >>>
    >>>thank you all

    If you send me a private email I will provide you with instructions that
    might help resolve your problems.

    Art

    Don Farrow wrote:

    > Hello All
    >
    > I have the Epson C80 and I can't get the yellow or black to work and I would
    > like to know how to purge the Print Head myself ...
    >
    > Don
    > "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Without getting into a battle over which printers are best, as each have
    >>certain advantages and disadvantages (and I don't like Epson chips at
    >>all), the one possible pitfall of resetting the chip on an Epson cartridge
    >>before it runs out is that you may run the cartridge dry and that can lead
    >>to an air lock in the head.. This has become a problem in some of the
    >>recent "all in one" Epson printers. In the C60 it is less of a issue
    >>because the C60 cartridge used dye inks that are a bit easier to purge and
    >>get running, and overall it restarts fairly easily, but I did want to warn
    >>people that some of the newer Durabrite printers seem to be having some
    >>problems with airlocks in the heads causing difficulty in restarting the
    >>ink flow. In most cases even those can be restarted, but they are more
    >>difficult than earlier models.
    >>
    >>Art

    http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    Maybe this link will be of some use.

    "Don Farrow" <ve3ulf@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
    > Hello All
    >
    > I have the Epson C80 and I can't get the yellow or black to work and I
    > would like to know how to purge the Print Head myself ...
    >
    > Don
    > "

    "Don Farrow" <ve3ulf@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
    > Hello All
    >
    > I have the Epson C80 and I can't get the yellow or black to work and I
    would
    > like to know how to purge the Print Head myself ...
    >
    > Don
    If you have a determined blockage (or microbubbles in the feed) a good plan
    is to utilise an old cartridge: fill this with a solvent. Windolene (Windex
    USA) contains ammonia or mix up a dilute household ammonia mix (10:1)
    printing with this then tends to clean from within. Lately Mr. Muscle - a
    shower dirt dispersant works as well.
    You may of course need to reset the chip :-(
    Tony
    --
    Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas

Printers Chip Software Peripherals