  • Product
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
January 26, 2005 4:10:43 PM

A month ago, I ordered two 250GB SATA drives from ZipZoomFly.com. They
both arrived DOA with scratches around the case screws. One was dented
on the lid. I reported all this in my RMA request. After some delay, I
was granted a RMA number, and sent them back. That was over two weeks
ago.

They've had them for a week, and the only communication I've received
from them stated that the dented one was damaged by me, and would not
necessarily be covered by warranty. If Hitachi replaced it, I'd be in
the clear, but ZipZoomFly would not issue a replacement if Hitachi
considered the warranty voided.

Their communication was quite poor (and their customer service gives
the impression of being a shoestring operation.) They have not
confirmed that either is defective.

ZipZoomFly's packaging in shipping was more than adequate (and their
shipping fast). The drives were sealed when I got them. So one would
have to guess that they were damaged before shipment. But ZipZoomFly's
"customer service" approach has put me in a situation where I have no
evidence. As far as they are concerned I damaged the drive.

It frankly seems reasonable that they would wonder if I damaged the one
drive. They ship out new drives and if it comes back looking like
someone dropped it, well, the customer could have done it, right?

Except in this case there are three other customers who posted to
www.resellerratings.com who had the exact same problem, who placed
their initial order around the time I did mine. We're taliing the
exact same drives- the Hitachi one I mentioned above- and in each case
the drives were dented and DOA. One person said the drive looked like
it had been shot with a BB gun. another sent two back, ordered
replacements, and the replacements were similarly damaged.

In every case, ZipZoomFly is asserting that the buyers of these drives
damaged them.

I can only guess that if there are four cases like this at one review
site from such a short period as this, there must be others, and
ZipZoomFly must know that they shipped a large batch of bad drives to
customers.

At this point, I am looking for any similar, essentially identical
testimonies from other ZipZoomFly customers. While I feel there's
something seriously fradulent about all this, I really would be happy
to just get a full refund, and I'd like as much help as I can in
backing up my position with my credit card company.

Oh, and perhaps I should also add that I've done business with them
before. If they get it right the first time, they are an excellent
value. But clearly, I've ordered from low-cost online retailers one
time too many.

Please contact me at
tintintx@hotmail.com

More about : zipzoomfly doa hitachi sata drives

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 26, 2005 7:11:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Thanks for putting this in the storage discussion.

The hard drives were sealed in a plastic electrostatic bag. I assumed
that these were manufacturer- provided. Maybe I'm wrong. The bags did
not appear damaged in any way. (Mind you, only one of the HD's was
dented. But both looked like they were refurbs, with a newer label
slapped on top of an old one, and scratch marks all around the corner
screws.)

When I said that " ZipZoomFly's 'customer service' approach has put me
in a situation where I have no evidence. " I meant that their telling
me I was at fault left me with nothing to show. I can't prove I didn't
do it. There's nothing I can offer except the truth.

Thanks for the followups. If I get my refund, I'll be looking at
newegg more- I believe I bought my camera from them.

AS
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 27, 2005 12:33:36 AM

"Albert Silverman" <tintintx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>A month ago, I ordered two 250GB SATA drives from ZipZoomFly.com.
>They both arrived DOA with scratches around the case screws. One
>was dented on the lid. I reported all this in my RMA request. After
>some delay, I was granted a RMA number, and sent them back. That
>was over two weeks ago.
>They've had them for a week, and the only communication I've
>received from them stated that the dented one was damaged by me,
>and would not necessarily be covered by warranty. If Hitachi
>replaced it, I'd be in the clear, but ZipZoomFly would not issue a
>replacement if Hitachi considered the warranty voided.
>Their communication was quite poor (and their customer service
>gives the impression of being a shoestring operation.)

Probably an office/room with some computers in it.

>They have not confirmed that either is defective.
>ZipZoomFly's packaging in shipping was more than adequate (and
>their shipping fast).

Second day air.

>The drives were sealed when I got them.

What do mean by sealed? Do mean factory sealed? Was there damage to
the outside of the package?

>So one would have to guess that they were damaged before shipment.
>But ZipZoomFly's "customer service" approach has put me in a
>situation where I have no evidence.

You mean asking you to return the drives? How could the approach
have been better?

>As far as they are concerned I damaged the drive.
>It frankly seems reasonable that they would wonder if I damaged the
>one drive. They ship out new drives and if it comes back looking
>like someone dropped it, well, the customer could have done it,
>right?
>Except in this case there are three other customers who posted to
>www.resellerratings.com who had the exact same problem, who placed
>their initial order around the time I did mine. We're taliing the
>exact same drives- the Hitachi one I mentioned above- and in each
>case the drives were dented and DOA. One person said the drive
>looked like it had been shot with a BB gun. another sent two back,
>ordered replacements, and the replacements were similarly damaged.
>In every case, ZipZoomFly is asserting that the buyers of these
>drives damaged them.
>I can only guess that if there are four cases like this at one
>review site from such a short period as this, there must be others,
>and ZipZoomFly must know that they shipped a large batch of bad
>drives to customers.

Only the shadow knows.

>At this point, I am looking for any similar, essentially identical
>testimonies from other ZipZoomFly customers.

That's why I included the storage group.

>While I feel there's
>something seriously fradulent about all this, I really would be
>happy to just get a full refund, and I'd like as much help as I can
>in backing up my position with my credit card company.

I think you are covering the bases.

>Oh, and perhaps I should also add that I've done business with them
>before. If they get it right the first time, they are an excellent
>value.

I noticed that with IBM hard disk drives, their prices are very low.

>But clearly, I've ordered from low-cost online retailers one
>time too many.
>Please contact me at
>tintintx@hotmail.com

Good luck.

--
I included the storage group since the original author is talking
about a serious issue with hard disk drives from a common online

On 26 Jan 2005 13:10:43 -0800, "Albert Silverman"
<tintintx@hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

| Oh, and perhaps I should also add that I've done business with them
| before. If they get it right the first time, they are an excellent
| value. But clearly, I've ordered from low-cost online retailers one
| time too many.

If you want service as good in dealing with problems as in filling
orders, buy from Newegg next time!

Larc

January 27, 2005 12:39:34 AM

"Larc" <larc-news@jupiterlink.net> wrote in message
> On 26 Jan 2005 13:10:43 -0800, "Albert Silverman"
> <tintintx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> | Oh, and perhaps I should also add that I've done business with them
> | before. If they get it right the first time, they are an excellent
> | value. But clearly, I've ordered from low-cost online retailers one
> | time too many.
>

> If you want service as good in dealing with problems as in filling
> orders, buy from Newegg next time!

Ditto!

a b B Homebuilt system
January 28, 2005 8:33:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

How's this for nightmare service?

Call ZipZoomFly's "Customer Service" people on the phone, and they'll
tell they can't do anything, that you'll have to talk to the Returns
department. And this is the quality of interaction you can expect from
Returns. FYI, the fellow below who appears artful at the cryptic
non-reply is in charge of the Returns department.

All the below makes more sense if read in reverse.

Dear Sir,

As listed below will return to manufacturer to try get replacement for
you. As you claim product receive was dented.

Regards,
Andy
RMA Dept.

At 07:51 PM 1/26/2005, you wrote:

Andy,

Quite a few of your customers who have bought Hitachi drives from you
this month have had the same problem I have. We get dented, defective
equipment and after we return it, you blame us for it.

I shouldn't have to defend my handling of the equipment you sent; you
are in a position to know that you're selling a really bad batch of
Hitachi stock. Pointing the finger at the buyers of those discs is
dishonest.

For myself, a full refund for my full order is the only solution. I
am not interested in the possibility of getting more defective
equipment.

A quick refund would satisfy me and end my research into your other
dissatisfied customers.

Thank you,
Michael Weston

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:10:44 -0800
From: Andy Huynh <andy.huynh@zipzoomfly.com>

Dear Sir,

We will return the 1 damage unit to manufacturer to try to get
replacement to process refund
for you. They will inspect the part that you claim receive damage
as the product was ship
out manufacturer seal brand new per manufacturer not possible to be
ship out this way. As
for the other 1 unit no damage will process refund for you first.
Regards,
Andy
RMA Dept.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 29, 2005 4:56:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

(I changed the subject line back, otherwise Google puts the thread
in separate places.)

"Albert Silverman" <tintintx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I shouldn't have to defend my handling of the equipment you sent;
>you are in a position to know that you're selling a really bad
>batch of Hitachi stock.

If the hard disk drives were in a factory sealed package and there
was no damage to the package as you said, ZipZoomFly might not have
known.

Pointing the finger at the buyers of those discs is
>dishonest.

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 29, 2005 4:56:24 AM

John Doe wrote:

> (I changed the subject line back, otherwise Google puts the thread
> in separate places.)
>
> "Albert Silverman" <tintintx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I shouldn't have to defend my handling of the equipment you sent;
>>you are in a position to know that you're selling a really bad
>>batch of Hitachi stock.
>
> If the hard disk drives were in a factory sealed package and there
> was no damage to the package as you said, ZipZoomFly might not have
> known.

Zipzoomfly likely never had the drives in their possession--the normal
operating procedure for an online business is to pass the order through to
a wholesale distributer who ships directly from the wholesaler's warehouse.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

"J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>John Doe wrote:

>> If the hard disk drives were in a factory sealed package and
>> there was no damage to the package as you said, ZipZoomFly might
>> not have known.
>
>Zipzoomfly likely never had the drives in their possession--the
>normal operating procedure for an online business is to pass the
>order through to a wholesale distributer who ships directly from
>the wholesaler's warehouse.

Right.

I think some online outlets ship from the same warehouses.

Sometimes you can find real-time stock status which shows stock in
warehouses in various states.

One might also notice when orders ship from different states.
January 29, 2005 9:50:34 AM

I have bought many items from ZipZoomFly without any problems. And if
you check the merchant rating at some place like PriceGrabber, you will
find the highest customer rating of 5 stars. I have seen a few threads
such as this before and I have to wonder about a deliberate attempt to
besmirch ZipZoomFly's reputation.

jimbo
January 29, 2005 6:17:40 PM

"jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com> wrote in message
>I have bought many items from ZipZoomFly without any problems. And if
> you check the merchant rating at some place like PriceGrabber, you will
> find the highest customer rating of 5 stars. I have seen a few threads
> such as this before and I have to wonder about a deliberate attempt to
> besmirch ZipZoomFly's reputation.
>
> jimbo

Buying isn't the issue.....returns and customer service is. I've dealt with
both Newegg and ZipZoomFly on above average scale, and when all is well,
there is no difference between the two, other than Newegg does seem to be a
bit faster in the shipping department. However, on rare occasion when there
is a problem, I would much rather deal with Newegg. That's not to say that I
haven't had issues with both companies, just that Newegg has always been
more receptive and accommodating in resolving any problems.

My $.02 and worth every damn penny!! <g>

January 29, 2005 6:18:16 PM

Price Grabber comparisons: NewEgg, 5 Stars with 4077 customer reviews.
ZipZoomFly, 5 stars with 8347 customer reviews. Buy.com, 2 1/2 stars
with 1178 customer reviews. I have purchased from both NewEgg and
ZipZoomFly with no problems. I wouldn't touch Buy.com with a 10 foot
pole. I haven't read all 13,602 customer reviews, but ZipZoomFly and
NewEgg are doing something right and Buy.com is doing something wrong.
jimbo
January 29, 2005 7:23:36 PM

Hey John Doe, I don't have time in my life time to experience all
vendors. I depend on other folks experiences. So, you tell me, are 1178
Buy.com customers wrong, and your single opinion right? Give me a
break! It is not my opinion, it is the opinion of 1178 other customers.
I don't give a rat's ass if you love Buy.com. I choose my vendors based
on many, many other folks experiences.

jimbo
January 29, 2005 7:23:57 PM

Hey John Doe, I don't have time in my life time to experience all
vendors. I depend on other folks experiences. So, you tell me, are 1178
Buy.com customers wrong, and your single opinion right? Give me a
break! It is not my opinion, it is the opinion of 1178 other customers.
I don't give a rat's ass if you love Buy.com. I choose my vendors based
on many, many other folks experiences.

jimbo
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 12:05:37 AM

"stealth" <stealthyREMOVE@att.net> wrote:
>"jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com> wrote in message

>> I have bought many items from ZipZoomFly without any problems.
>> And if you check the merchant rating at some place like
>> PriceGrabber, you will find the highest customer rating of 5
>> stars. I have seen a few threads such as this before and I have
>> to wonder about a deliberate attempt to besmirch ZipZoomFly's
>> reputation.

>Buying isn't the issue.....returns and customer service is.
>... Newegg does seem to be a bit faster in the shipping department.

ZipZoomFly provides fast, no extra charge second-day air
shipping/handling.

I think all online sellers should include shipping/handling in the
price. When I go to a local store, I know what the price is because I
know how much the tax will be. Many online sellers don't tell you
what the real price is until after you have gone to the trouble of
placing the items in your basket and filling out customer
information.

Even on eBay usually the most you have to do is provide a ZIP code.
January 30, 2005 12:05:38 AM

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote in message
> "stealth" <stealthyREMOVE@att.net> wrote:
>>"jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com> wrote in message
>
>>> I have bought many items from ZipZoomFly without any problems.
>>> And if you check the merchant rating at some place like
>>> PriceGrabber, you will find the highest customer rating of 5
>>> stars. I have seen a few threads such as this before and I have
>>> to wonder about a deliberate attempt to besmirch ZipZoomFly's
>>> reputation.
>
>>Buying isn't the issue.....returns and customer service is.
>>... Newegg does seem to be a bit faster in the shipping department.
>
> ZipZoomFly provides fast, no extra charge second-day air
> shipping/handling.
>
> I think all online sellers should include shipping/handling in the
> price. When I go to a local store, I know what the price is because I
> know how much the tax will be. Many online sellers don't tell you
> what the real price is until after you have gone to the trouble of
> placing the items in your basket and filling out customer
> information.
>
> Even on eBay usually the most you have to do is provide a ZIP code.

As I said, I've dealt with both, and perhaps I should have worded my meaning
differently. To clarify, Newegg seems to get the item to the shipper a bit
quicker than does ZZF. Not always, but more often than not. As for final
price, Newegg has free shipping on many items, and whenever the shipping is
not free, it is listed in plain view next to the item price. Of course, if
you're mathematically challenged and need the two totaled for you, then by
all means, use ZZF. <G>

That said, I reiterate that the real issue of this thread is customer
service should a problem arise, and without fail, Newegg leads the pack in
that regard.

January 30, 2005 12:05:39 AM

" Newegg leads the pack in
> that regard.

pack = ZZF?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 12:23:37 AM

"jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com> wrote:

>I have bought many items from ZipZoomFly without any problems. And
>if you check the merchant rating at some place like PriceGrabber,
>you will find the highest customer rating of 5 stars. I have seen a
>few threads such as this before and I have to wonder about a
>deliberate attempt to besmirch ZipZoomFly's reputation.

It just depends on how much the merchant is paying for publication
of positive reviews/results, in whatever location. At BUY.COM, you
won't find reviews (of products) less than five stars.

I require negative comments as well so I know whether or not the
issues are something I would be concerned about. Issues which should
affect some buyers might not affect me. Then there is personal
experience or experience from people I know and trust, or at least
people I can reach and grab hold of if they are wrong [playing].
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 12:34:42 AM

"stealth" <stealthyREMOVE@att.net> wrote:

>As I said, I've dealt with both, and perhaps I should have worded
>my meaning differently. To clarify, Newegg seems to get the item to
>the shipper a bit quicker than does ZZF. Not always, but more often
>than not. As for final price, Newegg has free shipping on many
>items, and whenever the shipping is not free, it is listed in plain
>view next to the item price.

That resolves the issue, in my opinion.

>Of course, if
>you're mathematically challenged and need the two totaled for you,
>then by all means, use ZZF. <G>

I bet that's funny.

I said doing that with sales tax is no problem. Understood should
have been that adding a stated shipping/handling charge would be no
problem.

I'm glad your store does that. Many online stores make you go
through a process to find shipping/handling.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 2:31:41 AM

The author has no personal experience with BUY.COM and yet he is
compelled to provide you with his opinion of BUY.COM. Case in point.

Again, you listen to what people have bad to say and you apply the
bad/good to your own personal preferences. That's how you decide.

"jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com> wrote:

>Price Grabber comparisons: NewEgg, 5 Stars with 4077 customer reviews.
>ZipZoomFly, 5 stars with 8347 customer reviews. Buy.com, 2 1/2 stars
>with 1178 customer reviews. I have purchased from both NewEgg and
>ZipZoomFly with no problems. I wouldn't touch Buy.com with a 10 foot
>pole. I haven't read all 13,602 customer reviews, but ZipZoomFly and
>NewEgg are doing something right and Buy.com is doing something wrong.
>jimbo

>From: "jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com>
>From: "jimbo" <jimbo62 @spamex.com>
>Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>Subject: Re: ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives
>Date: 29 Jan 2005 15:18:16 -0800

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 7:34:37 AM

Scroll up. I didn't even imply that I like BUY.COM. In fact,
I pointed out the flaw in their customer reviews of products.

Apparently your bias caused you to misinterpret that into a
promotion of BUY.COM.

If you want to believe everything you see on a commercial web
site, if you think inexperience is a good teacher, that's your
problem.

"jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com> wrote:

>From: "jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com>
>From: "jimbo" <jimbo62 @spamex.com>
>Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>Subject: Re: ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives
>Date: 29 Jan 2005 16:23:36 -0800
>
>Hey John Doe, I don't have time in my life time to experience all
>vendors. I depend on other folks experiences. So, you tell me, are 1178
>Buy.com customers wrong, and your single opinion right? Give me a
>break! It is not my opinion, it is the opinion of 1178 other customers.
>I don't give a rat's ass if you love Buy.com. I choose my vendors based
>on many, many other folks experiences.
>
>jimbo

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 3:24:27 PM

jimbo wrote:

> Price Grabber comparisons: NewEgg, 5 Stars with 4077 customer reviews.
> ZipZoomFly, 5 stars with 8347 customer reviews. Buy.com, 2 1/2 stars
> with 1178 customer reviews. I have purchased from both NewEgg and
> ZipZoomFly with no problems. I wouldn't touch Buy.com with a 10 foot
> pole. I haven't read all 13,602 customer reviews, but ZipZoomFly and
> NewEgg are doing something right and Buy.com is doing something wrong.
> jimbo

My only problem with Newegg is that they censor the customer reviews
and product ratings. I submitted a mixed review about an LCD monitor I
recently purchased and Newegg would not post it. So I went to
Resellerratings.com and tried to post a review about this practice at
Newegg. Resellerratings would not post my review. Furthermore after I
told them I would put this info on the newsgroups I read if the topic
came up, I was threatened by Resellerratings with a lawsuit. I have
saved all Emails and my reviews for proof if needed.
So in my opinion the reviews on Newegg and Resellerratings should be
taken with a grain of salt. I still buy from Newegg because I feel they
are the best. But I won't go near Resellerratings.com anymore.

Bob
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 9:57:52 PM

jimbo wrote:
> I have bought many items from ZipZoomFly without any problems. And if
> you check the merchant rating at some place like PriceGrabber, you
will
> find the highest customer rating of 5 stars. I have seen a few
threads
> such as this before and I have to wonder about a deliberate attempt
> besmirch ZipZoomFly's reputation.
>
> jimbo

Jimbo, I fully acknowledge that they may ship the vast majority of
their goods with no flaws, or even be able to solve most of the
problems a customer might encounter without too much effort. I never
suggested otherwise. What I am saying is that their response to my
particular situation (and those of at least three others who have
ordered the same HD) is unprofessional. And it is either incompetance
of outright dishonesty that leads them to blame four different
customers over a six-week period for the same problem to the same
drives. When we are all getting emails from the same person- head of
returns, and he's saying "you broke it," in the end it looks more like
dishonesty than stupidity.

There is no attempt to "besmirch" ZipZoomFly here. I've reported as
many relevant facts as I can. Draw your own conclusions. But only a
fool thinks that a perfect record means the company is perfect. Even
the best retailer will drop the ball every once in a while- the
question is what they do when that happens. In this case, they are
attempting to make me pay for damaged goods. And for that reason, I
have every right to think little of them. They're in a tricky spot,
and they've decided that it is easire to screw a customer rather than
eat the potential costs if it turns out their contracted supplier is
sending out junk.

And that's the bottom line here.

I think you will also find it instructive to look at the negative
reviews of ZZF at resellerratings.com and count the number of IT
professionals they tell "you broke it, you pay for it" when these buyer
returned an item that arrived damaged.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2005 10:16:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

John Doe,
Here are the facts. ZipZoomFly has gotten four returns in six weeks
from four different customers. They all bought the same drive model,
and returned them because the drives were dented and defective.
ZipZoomFly told each of them that they damagted the drives and that
they were responsible. The head of returns was the one who
communicated this.

Given the strange nature of the dents and the frequency of the returns,
and the fact that all these customers protested violently at the
suggestion that they caused these problems, this is a case of either
horrible oversight at the ZipZoomFly returns department or one of
dishonesty.

On top of all this is the ethical question- what if it was one case
only- mine? Zipzoomfly has the choice whether to listion to me tell
them reapeatedly and consistently that I did not damage this item, that
it arrived damaged, or they can ignore what I say and blame me. There
are other steps in the delivery process where damage can occur, but ZZF
is choosing to ignore that (r or not investigate it) and blame the
customer.

So from my angle, there's nothing that will return ZZF to the status if
innocence here. No matter how many things they get right, the
willingness to occasionally screw a customer is all that should matter.
January 30, 2005 10:57:42 PM

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:24:27 -0600, Bob M <ram1220@vzavenue.net>
wrote:

>jimbo wrote:
>>
>> Price Grabber comparisons: NewEgg, 5 Stars with 4077 customer reviews.
>> ZipZoomFly, 5 stars with 8347 customer reviews. Buy.com, 2 1/2 stars
>> with 1178 customer reviews. I have purchased from both NewEgg and
>> ZipZoomFly with no problems. I wouldn't touch Buy.com with a 10 foot
>> pole. I haven't read all 13,602 customer reviews, but ZipZoomFly and
>> NewEgg are doing something right and Buy.com is doing something wrong.
>> jimbo
>
> My only problem with Newegg is that they censor the customer reviews
>and product ratings. I submitted a mixed review about an LCD monitor I
>recently purchased and Newegg would not post it. So I went to
>Resellerratings.com and tried to post a review about this practice at
>Newegg. Resellerratings would not post my review. Furthermore after I
>told them I would put this info on the newsgroups I read if the topic
>came up, I was threatened by Resellerratings with a lawsuit. I have
>saved all Emails and my reviews for proof if needed.
> So in my opinion the reviews on Newegg and Resellerratings should be
>taken with a grain of salt. I still buy from Newegg because I feel they
>are the best. But I won't go near Resellerratings.com anymore.
>
> Bob

Hearing feedback from previous customers is important. I have not
bought from Newegg due to the high sales tax (9.95%) makes them less
competitive with other venders. Amazon supports and publishes
customer opinions (good and bad) on many products. Another site,
epinions.com is also good before considering a purchase.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2005 1:35:32 AM

Albert Silverman wrote:

> John Doe,
> Here are the facts. ZipZoomFly has gotten four returns in six weeks
> from four different customers. They all bought the same drive model,
> and returned them because the drives were dented and defective.
> ZipZoomFly told each of them that they damagted the drives and that
> they were responsible. The head of returns was the one who
> communicated this.
>
> Given the strange nature of the dents and the frequency of the returns,
> and the fact that all these customers protested violently at the
> suggestion that they caused these problems, this is a case of either
> horrible oversight at the ZipZoomFly returns department or one of
> dishonesty.
>
> On top of all this is the ethical question- what if it was one case
> only- mine? Zipzoomfly has the choice whether to listion to me tell
> them reapeatedly and consistently that I did not damage this item, that
> it arrived damaged, or they can ignore what I say and blame me. There
> are other steps in the delivery process where damage can occur, but ZZF
> is choosing to ignore that (r or not investigate it) and blame the
> customer.
>
> So from my angle, there's nothing that will return ZZF to the status if
> innocence here. No matter how many things they get right, the
> willingness to occasionally screw a customer is all that should matter.

Well let's see, if they see hundreds of returned drives and the only four
they get that are dented all come from you, what should they believe?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2005 3:08:52 AM

Bob M <ram1220@vzavenue.net> wrote:
>jimbo wrote:

> My only problem with Newegg is that they censor the customer
>reviews and product ratings. I submitted a mixed review about an
>LCD monitor I recently purchased and Newegg would not post it. So I
>went to Resellerratings.com and tried to post a review about this
>practice at Newegg. Resellerratings would not post my review.
>Furthermore after I told them I would put this info on the
>newsgroups I read if the topic came up, I was threatened by
>Resellerratings with a lawsuit. I have saved all Emails and my
>reviews for proof if needed.

Well post them already.

Would be nice for you to at least explain their stated reasoning for
threatening you. Much easier would be to post their correspondence.

The only thing I can imagine is that they assumed the copyright for
your submission. But, as far as I know, all you have to do is
rewrite your opinion/experience.

Sharing your opinions and experiences is perfectly legal, at least
here in the United States.

> So in my opinion the reviews on Newegg and Resellerratings should
> be taken with a grain of salt. I still buy from Newegg because I
> feel they are the best. But I won't go near Resellerratings.com
> anymore.

Reviews from any commercial web site are suspect.

Again, there's no such thing as a faultless product or merchant.
You determine whether the positives matter more (to you) than the
negatives. In order to do that, you need to know the bad as well as
the good.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
January 31, 2005 7:05:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

"Albert Silverman" <tintintx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>John Doe,
>Here are the facts. ZipZoomFly has gotten four returns in six
>weeks from four different customers. They all bought the same
>drive model, and returned them because the drives were dented and
>defective. ZipZoomFly told each of them that they damagted the
>drives and that they were responsible. The head of returns was the
>one who communicated this.
>
>Given the strange nature of the dents and the frequency of the
>returns, and the fact that all these customers protested violently
>at the suggestion that they caused these problems, this is a case
>of either horrible oversight at the ZipZoomFly returns department
>or one of dishonesty.
>
>On top of all this is the ethical question- what if it was one case
>only- mine? Zipzoomfly has the choice whether to listion to me
>tell them reapeatedly and consistently that I did not damage this
>item, that it arrived damaged, or they can ignore what I say and
>blame me. There are other steps in the delivery process where
>damage can occur, but ZZF is choosing to ignore that (r or not
>investigate it) and blame the customer.
>
>So from my angle, there's nothing that will return ZZF to the
>status if innocence here. No matter how many things they get
>right, the willingness to occasionally screw a customer is all that
>should matter.

I think you are pretending that all customers are goodie two shoes.

You are asking everyone to believe your story. In fact, some
customers will lie. I tend to believe you except when you pretend to
know what other customers actually experience. You don't know. I
certainly understand how you must feel. However, the circumstance
you describe is a problem with online purchases. Since there is no
way the merchant can know, the merchant is not 100% at fault. You
get what you pay for. If you want the best guarantee and the least
risk, by from a local store.

Your complaint is well documented. Let us know how it turns out, the
final result.

Good luck.

>From: "Albert Silverman" <tintintx@hotmail.com>
>From: "Albert Silverman" <tintintx @hotmail.com>
>Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
>Subject: Re: ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives
>Date: 30 Jan 2005 19:16:14 -0800

January 31, 2005 9:00:18 AM

PriceGrabber's store rating for ZipZoomFly is five stars (highest)
based on store reviews by 8,347 customers. That kind of customer
satisfaction is not earned by a company that "screws" customers.

jimbo
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 11, 2005 6:29:23 PM

On the contrary- you are in the best position to selectively screw
people if you have an excellent reputation.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 12, 2005 2:05:14 AM

Albert Silverman wrote:

> On the contrary- you are in the best position to selectively screw
> people if you have an excellent reputation.

Except your 'excellent reputation' would quickly degrade to none at all, so
it's a self defeating proposition.

Not to mention that if you're the type who thinks that way it's unlikely
you'd ever get to the point of an 'excellent reputation' to begin with.
February 12, 2005 9:12:27 AM

So, you think that ZipZoomFly, a company with the highest customer
rating at PriceGrabber, 8,347 statisfied customers, has singled out YOU
to screw?

Help, help the paranoids are after me!

jimbo
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2005 5:46:56 PM

There's certainly something extremely fraudulent taking place at
ZipZoomFly. We ordered 4 Hitachi hard drives from them and they were
received timely. They were shrink-wrapped. When we opened them, they
were in perfect physical condition but 2 of the 4 hard drives were not
recognized by the OS and were making clicking noises when installed 9by
professional installers who built over 500 PCs in our company). We
called ZipZoomFly and got an RMA for refund (because we couldn't wait 2
weeks for replacements that might or might not be functional judging by
the 50% failure ratio of this shipment).

The drives were packed with extreme care in ZipZoomFly's own
double-foam casing and were then double-packed and shipped back to them
via FedEx ground. Tracking records show they received them on February
11, 2005. On February 15, we receive an email from an "Andy Huynh" who
apparently is the ONLY person in their returns dept. with pictures of
two Hitachi drives with severe physical damage (one of them has a whole
chunk of metal missing and the other looks like it was punctured with 6
inch nails!!! Of course their "pictures" conveniently do not show the
serial numbers of the damaged hard drives!

After over 30 calls and wait of over 2 hours collectively holding on
line on the only non-toll free phone number ZipZoomFly provides (paying
long distance tolls during the wait), I spoke to a lady named "Holly"
who was quite rude and stated that "they'd send the drives back to
Hitachi and only if Hitachi agreed to replace them they would refund
our money". I stated that this was ridiculous and that I packed the
drives personally (and they were in perfect physical shape) and also
***HAVE PICTURES** (standard procedure at our company when returning
items) of the hard drives being packed at which point "she wanted to
see the pictures". When I informed her that the pictures would be sent
directly to our credit card company and ONLY our credit card company,
she told me that "she wasn't going to spend all day on the phone with
me" and abruptly "forwarded me to a supervisor". Needless to say I got
an answering machine. I left a message but the call was never returned.

I also asked her if there was visible damage to the box so I could
claim the FedEx insurance. "Holy" stated that had there been
visible damage, they wouldn't have opened the box and they would
notify us and FedEx.

The clincher is that we've bought well over $100,000 worth of equipment
from Google Gear/ZipZoomFly in the past year and even placed a new
order (our last one of course) yesterday. Not only ZipZoomFly didn't
care we were a very large customer, they basically took our money and
sent us to hell!!!

Fortunately our loss is only $168 - being a company it's a
right-off so we won't go poor over this but I'd hate to be an
unsuspecting consumer getting scammed this way. It's a shame to see
this happening because they used to be a good company.

So, BUYER BEWARE dealing with these people-I have a suspicion there's
an inside scam running and someone is pocketing some money at
ZipZoomFly.

There's something very suspicious going on
Albert Silverman wrote:
> [...]
drives
> damaged them.
>
> I can only guess that if there are four cases like this at one review
> site from such a short period as this, there must be others, and
> ZipZoomFly must know that they shipped a large batch of bad drives to
> customers.
>
> At this point, I am looking for any similar, essentially identical
> testimonies from other ZipZoomFly customers. While I feel there's
> something seriously fradulent about all this, I really would be happy
> to just get a full refund, and I'd like as much help as I can in
> backing up my position with my credit card company.
>
> Oh, and perhaps I should also add that I've done business with them
> before. If they get it right the first time, they are an excellent
> value. But clearly, I've ordered from low-cost online retailers one

February 16, 2005 7:19:33 PM

Why don't I believe you????? Pure bull----!!!!! Another attempt to
disparage a fine company.

I have no connection to ZipZoomFly except as a very satisfied customer.
I have seen similar attempts to disparage other companies. I suspect
some competitor thinks this is a way to gain an edge on a company that
they are not able to compete with otherwise. A very despicable
practice.

jimbo
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2005 8:44:35 PM

Here's the email I received from Andy Huynh <andy.huynh@zipzoomfly.com>
at its entirety (headers and all). Ironically, I've been a *most*
satisfied customer of Google Gear and ZipZoomFly until this incident.
Are you sure you are not affiliated with ZipZoomFly? I find that hard
to believe. Anyway, you can choose to believe anything you like. People
can make their own minds.

BTW I'd be happy to email you or anyone else the pictures they sent me,
claiming to be the returned hard drives with physical damage. You can
see my email address below in the headers-feel free to write me and I
will provide the pictures. I am removing the RMA number for obvious
reasons, this being a public group.

--------------------
Sent : Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:06 PM
To : alinoge@hotmail.com
Subject : ZipZoomFly/Damage Part / Try RMA#xxxxxxxx

| | | Inbox
Attachment : CN186293(2).JPG (0.07 MB), CN186293.JPG (0.09 MB)
Dear Sir / Madam,

ZipZoomFly Order#xxxxxxxx

Thank you for shopping with ZipZoomFly.com.

We have received your returned item ( 100577-1 x 2 ). However upon
inspection we noticed
( 1x surface damaged,1x metal piece broke off by the connector ) [see
attached images]. Please be advised this is considered physical damage
and physical damage may void warranty. At this time we cannot guarantee
replacement on this item since physical damage voids the warranty. We
can only attempt to send this back to the manufacturer and we will
Refund upon receiving the replacement from the manufacturer.

Please confirm if you would like for us to TRY otherwise the item will
be sent back to you if no response is received within 2-3 business
days.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

ZipZoomFly
RMA Dept.
-------------------------------

jimbo wrote:
> Why don't I believe you????? Pure bull----!!!!! Another attempt to
> disparage a fine company.
>
> I have no connection to ZipZoomFly except as a very satisfied
customer.
> I have seen similar attempts to disparage other companies. I suspect
> some competitor thinks this is a way to gain an edge on a company
that
> they are not able to compete with otherwise. A very despicable
> practice.
>
> jimbo
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2005 8:56:12 PM

>What is the name of the "professional installers"? What is the name
>of your company?
Why is this significant?

>Why not show her? Why not post them someplace and provide a link
>here so we can see them?
Because someone in there is already lying. I'd rather let the credit
company handle it.

> That sounds irrational.
Why? Are you doubting the figures? We built over 60 servers using CPUs,
motherboards, RAM and HDs from them exlusively. $100K is actually
conservative, we probably spend more than that.

> It just doesn't make sense.
Tell me about it. Email me (alinogeAThotmailDOTcom) and I'd be more
than gald to send you the "damage" pictures they sent me (without the
serial #s showing mind you, very conveniently). No way this kind of
damage could've been made without the FedEx box looking like a mess!
According to "Holly", there was no damage on the box otherwise they'd
notify me and FedEx!
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2005 8:59:22 PM

>What is the name of the "professional installers"? What is the name
>of your company?

Why is this significant?

>Why not show her? Why not post them someplace and provide a link
>here so we can see them?

Because someone in there is already lying. I'd rather let the credit
company handle it.

> That sounds irrational.

Why? Are you doubting the figures? We built over 60 servers using CPUs,

motherboards, RAM and HDs from them exlusively. $100K is actually
conservative, we probably spend more than that.

> It just doesn't make sense.

Tell me about it. Email me (alinogeAThotmailDOTcom) and I'd be more
than gald to send you the "damage" pictures they sent me (without the
serial #s showing mind you, very conveniently). No way this kind of
damage could've been made without the FedEx box looking like a mess!
According to "Holly", there was no damage on the box otherwise they'd
notify me and FedEx!
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2005 9:05:13 PM

>What is the name of the "professional installers"? What is the name
>of your company?

Why is this significant?

>Why not show her? Why not post them someplace and provide a link
>here so we can see them?

Because someone in there is already lying. I'd rather let the credit
company handle it.

> That sounds irrational.

Why? Are you doubting the figures? We built over 60 1U rack-mount
servers (among many other PCs) using CPUs,
motherboards, RAM and HDs from them exlusively. $100K is actually
conservative, we probably spent more than that.

> It just doesn't make sense.

Tell me about it. Email me (alinogeAThotmailDOTcom) and I'd be more
than gald to send you the "damage" pictures they sent me (without the
serial #s showing mind you, very conveniently). No way this kind of
damage could've been made without the FedEx box looking like a mess!
According to "Holly", there was no damage on the box otherwise they'd
notify me and FedEx!
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2005 9:10:07 PM

>What is the name of the "professional installers"? What is the name
>of your company?

Why is this significant?

>Why not show her? Why not post them someplace and provide a link
>here so we can see them?

Because someone in there is already lying. I'd rather let the credit
company handle it.

> That sounds irrational.

Why? Are you doubting the figures? We built over 60 1U rack-mount
servers (among many other PCs) using CPUs,
motherboards, RAM and HDs from them exlusively. $100K is actually
conservative, we probably spent more than that.

> It just doesn't make sense.

Tell me about it. Email me (alinogeAThotmailDOTcom) and I'd be more
than gald to send you the "damage" pictures they sent me (which didn't
include the
serial #s mind you, very conveniently). No way this kind of
damage could've been made without the FedEx box looking like a mess!
According to "Holly", there was no damage on the box otherwise they'd
notify me and FedEx!
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 2:02:01 AM

Hi.
I'm glad you posted this.I sure wont be buying anything from them.I will
keep on buying my stuff from newegg.I was going to buy some lite-on
cd/dvd burners from them.

--

* Magic Is Believing In Yourself*

*if you can do that*

* You Can Make Anything Happen *
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 3:24:44 AM

"John H." <jhensleys@att.net> wrote:

>Hi.
>I'm glad you posted this.I sure wont be buying anything from them.I
>will keep on buying my stuff from newegg.I was going to buy some
>lite-on cd/dvd burners from them.

You posted just to tell us that you're glad he posted and that you
will be buying from a different company?

>From: "John H." <jhensleys @att.net>
>Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>Subject: Re: ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives
>Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:02:01 GMT

> * Magic Is Believing In Yourself*
>
> *if you can do that*
>
> * You Can Make Anything Happen *

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 3:51:39 AM

"Linoge" <alinoge@hotmail.com> wrote:

>There's certainly something extremely fraudulent taking place at
>ZipZoomFly.

That sounds sensational.

>We ordered 4 Hitachi hard drives from them and they were
>received timely. They were shrink-wrapped. When we opened them,
>they were in perfect physical condition but 2 of the 4 hard drives
>were not recognized by the OS and were making clicking noises when
>installed 9by professional installers who built over 500 PCs in our
>company).

What is the name of the "professional installers"? What is the name
of your company?

>After over 30 calls and wait of over 2 hours collectively holding
>on line on the only non-toll free phone number ZipZoomFly provides
>(paying long distance tolls during the wait), I spoke to a lady
>named "Holly" who was quite rude and stated that "they'd send the
>drives back to Hitachi and only if Hitachi agreed to replace them
>they would refund our money". I stated that this was ridiculous and
>that I packed the drives personally (and they were in perfect
>physical shape) and also ***HAVE PICTURES** (standard procedure at
>our company when returning items) of the hard drives being packed
>at which point "she wanted to see the pictures". When I informed
>her that the pictures would be sent directly to our credit card
>company and ONLY our credit card company,

Why not show her? Why not post them someplace and provide a link
here so we can see them?

>The clincher is that we've bought well over $100,000 worth of
>equipment from Google Gear/ZipZoomFly in the past year and even
>placed a new order (our last one of course) yesterday. Not only
>ZipZoomFly didn't care we were a very large customer, they
>basically took our money and sent us to hell!!!

That sounds irrational.

>Fortunately our loss is only $168 - being a company it's a
>right-off so we won't go poor over this but I'd hate to be an
>unsuspecting consumer getting scammed this way. It's a shame to see
>this happening because they used to be a good company.

It just doesn't make sense.

>So, BUYER BEWARE dealing with these people-I have a suspicion
>there's an inside scam running and someone is pocketing some money
>at ZipZoomFly.
>There's something very suspicious going on

I think "weird" is a better description.

Good luck.

>From: "Linoge" <alinoge @hotmail.com>
>Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>Subject: Re: ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives
>Date: 16 Feb 2005 14:46:56 -0800

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 7:09:41 AM

When you reply with questions, please quote the context.

"Linoge" <alinoge@hotmail.com> wrote:

>From: "Linoge" <alinoge @hotmail.com>
>Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>Subject: Re: ZipZoomFly and DOA Hitachi SATA drives
>Date: 16 Feb 2005 17:59:22 -0800
>
>> What is the name of the "professional installers"? What is the name
>> of your company?
>

>Why is this significant?
>

>> Why not show her? Why not post them someplace and provide a link
>> here so we can see them?
>

>Because someone in there is already lying. I'd rather let the credit
>company handle it.
>

>> That sounds irrational.
>

>Why? Are you doubting the figures? We built over 60 servers using CPUs,
>
>motherboards, RAM and HDs from them exlusively. $100K is actually
>conservative, we probably spend more than that.
>

>> It just doesn't make sense.
>

>Tell me about it. Email me (alinogeAThotmailDOTcom) and I'd be more
>than gald to send you the "damage" pictures they sent me (without the
>serial #s showing mind you, very conveniently). No way this kind of
>damage could've been made without the FedEx box looking like a mess!
>According to "Holly", there was no damage on the box otherwise they'd
>notify me and FedEx!

February 17, 2005 2:47:55 PM

another attempt to troll,,... don't feed the doe troll.......

"Linoge" <alinoge@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >What is the name of the "professional installers"? What is the name
> >of your company?
> Why is this significant?
>
> >Why not show her? Why not post them someplace and provide a link
> >here so we can see them?
> Because someone in there is already lying. I'd rather let the credit
> company handle it.
>
> > That sounds irrational.
> Why? Are you doubting the figures? We built over 60 servers using CPUs,
> motherboards, RAM and HDs from them exlusively. $100K is actually
> conservative, we probably spend more than that.
>
> > It just doesn't make sense.
> Tell me about it. Email me (alinogeAThotmailDOTcom) and I'd be more
> than gald to send you the "damage" pictures they sent me (without the
> serial #s showing mind you, very conveniently). No way this kind of
> damage could've been made without the FedEx box looking like a mess!
> According to "Holly", there was no damage on the box otherwise they'd
> notify me and FedEx!

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 6:20:29 PM

I explicitly asked on the phone if the box was received damaged because
it was insured with FedEx. The person I spoke with named "Holly" stated
very clearly that if the box was damaged they would've notified me and
FedEx so we can claim the insurance. They did not, so ZipZoomFly
effectively is stating the box had no visible signs of damage.

Look, I've been buying from ZipZoomFly for 3 years and I am willing to
go on record saying that I have never have a single problem with
them-on the contrary, best bang for the buck and free 2nd day shipping
(effectively 3-day counting the extra day they take to process)...
until this incident!

My guess is that there's someone in there screwing up big time and is
trying to cover it up or someone in there is running a little scam. As
I said, the sum in question is only $168 and I'm pretty sure the CC
company will do a chargeback once they receive our pictures. However,
that ZIpZoomFly's customer service **chose** to lose our significant
business and treated us like dirt after >100K in orders is mind
blowing!

Phisherman wrote:
> Interesting email. Perhaps the drive was damaged in shipment? If
so,
> the shipper is responsible for replacement. I am surprised to read
> ZipZoomFly would put out such an email. Settle up fast--best within
> 30 days. Good thing you used a credit card with protection. I
> neither believe nor disbelieve your story, but this boils down to
> "buyer beware!" Thanks for sharing and I'd be interested in knowing
> the outcome and what/if ZipZoomFly does to make it right.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 6:23:58 PM

Not at all-I simply posted this at comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage as
well because it's relevant and applicable. As I stated in this thread,
anyone who has any doubts email me at alinogeAThotmailDOTcom and I;d be
glad to send you the "damaged drive" pictures ZipZoomFly sent me.
February 17, 2005 9:17:27 PM

Interesting email. Perhaps the drive was damaged in shipment? If so,
the shipper is responsible for replacement. I am surprised to read
ZipZoomFly would put out such an email. Settle up fast--best within
30 days. Good thing you used a credit card with protection. I
neither believe nor disbelieve your story, but this boils down to
"buyer beware!" Thanks for sharing and I'd be interested in knowing
the outcome and what/if ZipZoomFly does to make it right.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 10:19:35 PM

jimbo wrote:
> Why don't I believe you????? Pure bull----!!!!! Another attempt to
> disparage a fine company.
>
> I have no connection to ZipZoomFly except as a very satisfied
customer.
> I have seen similar attempts to disparage other companies. I suspect
> some competitor thinks this is a way to gain an edge on a company
that
> they are not able to compete with otherwise. A very despicable
> practice.
>
> jimbo

Jimbo,

Let's say that those of us stating these problems are telling the
truth. How would we convince you?
Your sophomoric belief in online ratings as a validator is sad, but you
are free to play the happy fool until someone makes you regret it.

In the meantime, ZipZoomFly hasn't yet even refunded me for the drive I
returned that wasn't dented. I'm sure that ZZF is making quite a name
for itself with the credit card companies.

a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 11:12:16 PM

I offered to email the pictures showing the "damaged drives" to anyone
who asked and haven;t received any requests (my address:
alinogeAThotmailDOTcom).

If you saw this "damage" you;d realize that someone would have to get
medieval with these drives to cause this kind of damage, according to
the pictures (with no serial numbers, mind you). One of them looks like
it was poked in two places by huge nails and the other is missing a
chunk of metal!!!

I also just received this from "Andy Huynh" at ZipZoomFly returns dept,
confirmign there was no damage to the box so he is effectively callimg
me a liar and suggesting we shipped him damaged drives. What a scam!!!!
I wish I was a fly on the wall to witness them trying to convince the
CC company :)

Albert Silverman wrote:
> jimbo wrote:
> > Why don't I believe you????? Pure bull----!!!!! Another attempt to
> > disparage a fine company.
> >
> > I have no connection to ZipZoomFly except as a very satisfied
> customer.
> > I have seen similar attempts to disparage other companies. I
suspect
> > some competitor thinks this is a way to gain an edge on a company
> that
> > they are not able to compete with otherwise. A very despicable
> > practice.
> >
> > jimbo
>
> Jimbo,
>
> Let's say that those of us stating these problems are telling the
> truth. How would we convince you?
> Your sophomoric belief in online ratings as a validator is sad, but
you
> are free to play the happy fool until someone makes you regret it.
>
> In the meantime, ZipZoomFly hasn't yet even refunded me for the drive
> returned that wasn't dented. I'm sure that ZZF is making quite a
name
> for itself with the credit card companies.

a b B Homebuilt system
February 17, 2005 11:15:01 PM

I offered to email the pictures showing the "damaged drives" to anyone
who asked and haven;t received any requests (my address:
alinogeAThotmailDOTcom).

If you saw this "damage" you;d realize that someone would have to get
medieval with these drives to cause this kind of damage, according to
the pictures (with no serial numbers, mind you). One of them looks like

it was poked in two places by huge nails and the other is missing a
chunk of metal!!!

I also just received a reply from "Andy Huynh" at ZipZoomFly returns
dept,
confirming there was no damage to the box so he is effectively calling
me a liar and suggesting *WE* shipped him damaged drives. What a
scam!!!!
I wish I was a fly on the wall to witness them trying to convince the
CC company :)
      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest