microtrend-page cannot be display properly

Robert

This Millinnium pc has never been updated before, Thought doi an on line scan
first and when I try to download the housecall definitions, its says the page
cannot be display properly because of the setting. the is a cross in a small
box on the page. Any idea whats is missing. I have set the IE security
setting to default but it does not help.

Now decided to Windows update first and there is no problem.

Any idea how to get the housecall display properly, thanks

You may already have a virus/spyware hijack

download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
viruses are not present on your PC
http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

- update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
CoolWebSearch hijacker.

Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
(download it without the accompanying rubbish)

download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
your system.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"robert" <robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This Millinnium pc has never been updated before, Thought doi an on line
> scan
> first and when I try to download the housecall definitions, its says the
> page
> cannot be display properly because of the setting. the is a cross in a
> small
> box on the page. Any idea whats is missing. I have set the IE security
> setting to default but it does not help.
>
> Now decided to Windows update first and there is no problem.
>
> Any idea how to get the housecall display properly, thanks

Robert

Many thanks for your prompt quick response and will give it a go. I have
downloaded all the critical updates and the pc seems to be running a bit
slow, P3, 256 Ram.
In the meantime, I notice that at the end of the address bar (of IE), I do
not have the column "go" where I can click it. How can I restore that "go".

Also sometimes I got the message sayiong that "Tapvis ??///// encounter an
error and will closed down. Sorry I did not copy the exact message, how can I
rectify the situation. TIA

"Noel Paton" wrote:

> You may already have a virus/spyware hijack
>
> download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
> viruses are not present on your PC
> http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe
>
> - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
>
> Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
> CoolWebSearch hijacker.
> http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html
>
> Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
> http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
> (download it without the accompanying rubbish)
>
> download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
> update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
> your system.
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "robert" <robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This Millinnium pc has never been updated before, Thought doi an on line
> > scan
> > first and when I try to download the housecall definitions, its says the
> > page
> > cannot be display properly because of the setting. the is a cross in a
> > small
> > box on the page. Any idea whats is missing. I have set the IE security
> > setting to default but it does not help.
> >
> > Now decided to Windows update first and there is no problem.
> >
> > Any idea how to get the housecall display properly, thanks

The 'Go' button can be reclaimed probably simply by shortening the length of
the address bar. If that doesn't work, then try right-clicking on the
toolbar, and look to see if the 'Go Button' is checked - if not, then check
it.

Sorry - the TA{VIS error is not close enough to anything I know of for me to
comment on - make a not of the exact error, next time it occurs.

You may well find that cleaning up the system will get rid of the error
message anyhow.

Good Luck

--

Noel Paton wrote:
> The 'Go' button can be reclaimed probably simply by shortening the length of
> the address bar. If that doesn't work, then try right-clicking on the
> toolbar, and look to see if the 'Go Button' is checked - if not, then check
> it.
>
> Sorry - the TA{VIS error is not close enough to anything I know of for me to
> comment on - make a not of the exact error, next time it occurs.

sounds like a CD error.

Rick

> You may well find that cleaning up the system will get rid of the error
> message anyhow.
>
> Good Luck

Robert

Many thanks and will certainly try it out. Before I have a chance, I
encounter another problem which I will post under "Scandisk/defragmnetation"