SpywareBlaster Update (May 02)

Ooooops - a changing of the guards?
Thanks for the tip, Heather.

Harry.

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:OYlxTL2TFHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> New one which adds 20 more to the program.
>
> Just update from within it.
>
> Cheers......Heather

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

LOL!! No.....I just sometimes *know* when they come out. I don't have it
set to auto download.

The Oracle

> Ooooops - a changing of the guards?
> Thanks for the tip, Heather.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > New one which adds 20 more to the program.
> >
> > Just update from within it.
> >
> > Cheers......Heather

Heather:

Wear that jacket anyway, you've earned it.

Harry, and still searching.

> LOL!! No.....I just sometimes *know* when they come out. I don't have it
> set to auto download.
>
> The Oracle
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Ooooops - a changing of the guards?
> > Thanks for the tip, Heather.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > > New one which adds 20 more to the program.
> > >
> > > Just update from within it.
> > >
> > > Cheers......Heather

Alias

Thanks, Heather.

Alias

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote

> New one which adds 20 more to the program.
>
> Just update from within it.
>
> Cheers......Heather

Already got it from Silj's post in Aumha forums <g> before seeing this but
thanks anyway and where have you been these last few days <vbg>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> New one which adds 20 more to the program.
>
> Just update from within it.
>
> Cheers......Heather

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hmmm, well I finished up efiling and printing the 3 income taxes (I do
Elayne's as well)......and then I was combing the internet for places to
stay on our holiday in Quebec. Got the most important one booked.....3 days
at our favourite hotel in Quebec City.....the rest are not as important.

You would love this city, Joanie. It is the only walled city in North
America and the other place we are going to see (Charlevoix region) is where
Jacques Cartier first landed....didn't know that till Ron read it in one of
the travel books. Probably not much english spoken, so that will be a
challenge.

Today is backup day......then I will take this cpu over to Willy the Tech
and get XP on here. Finally!!

Cheers....Heather

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Already got it from Silj's post in Aumha forums <g> before seeing this but
> thanks anyway and where have you been these last few days <vbg>
> Joan
>

> Heather wrote:
> > New one which adds 20 more to the program.
> >
> > Just update from within it.
> >
> > Cheers......Heather

<g> Then we'll have fun when you stick your head in the XP ng's <g>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Today is backup day......then I will take this cpu over to Willy the
> Tech and get XP on here. Finally!!
>
> Cheers....Heather

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Are they as bad as you all say?? I poked my head into one of them to help a
guy re POGO. But didn't stay long. I suppose I will need the help as well.
Perhaps I should change my name, grin!!

> <g> Then we'll have fun when you stick your head in the XP ng's <g>
> Joan
>

> Heather wrote:
> > Today is backup day......then I will take this cpu over to Willy the
> > Tech and get XP on here. Finally!!
> >
> > Cheers....Heather

<g> Don't worry Heather they are mostly good guys and gals in there you
just get the occasional sniper who's just looking for a flame war <g> but
knowing you I think you'll be fine and give as good as you get.

I have just started checking in the general one (about time I hear Will
say) but mainly lurk <g>

Let us know when you're there.
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Are they as bad as you all say?? I poked my head into one of them to
> help a guy re POGO. But didn't stay long. I suppose I will need the
> help as well. Perhaps I should change my name, grin!!
>
> Heather

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Going to phone Willy today. But already Shane has me in a *state of
puzzlement*......which is nothing new for our boy!!

I will let you know when this baby goes in for its checkup and
upgrade....should be tomorrow, I would think.

As for the XP groups, grin......I shall look for those snipers!! (Lord have
mercy on them....lol)

Tiger

> <g> Don't worry Heather they are mostly good guys and gals in there you
> just get the occasional sniper who's just looking for a flame war <g> but
> knowing you I think you'll be fine and give as good as you get.
>
> I have just started checking in the general one (about time I hear Will
> say) but mainly lurk <g>
>
> Let us know when you're there.
> Joan
>

> Heather wrote:
> > Are they as bad as you all say?? I poked my head into one of them to
> > help a guy re POGO. But didn't stay long. I suppose I will need the
> > help as well. Perhaps I should change my name, grin!!
> >
> > Heather

Shane

What I don't like Joan, is the no. who won't hear a word said against
Microsoft, like what's good for MS is good for the world, who repeat
parrot-fashion and ad-nauseum that NTFS is superior to FAT32, and jump down
the throat of anyone who has activation problems, assuming them to be
pirates. Half of 'em are MVPs! You've also got a certain Microsoft employee
who practices pro-microsoft censorship (and tells lies such as the XP cd
contains all the necessary tools for repairing XP).

Shane

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> <g> Don't worry Heather they are mostly good guys and gals in there you
> just get the occasional sniper who's just looking for a flame war <g> but
> knowing you I think you'll be fine and give as good as you get.
>
> I have just started checking in the general one (about time I hear Will
> say) but mainly lurk <g>
>
> Let us know when you're there.
> Joan
>

> Heather wrote:
> > Are they as bad as you all say?? I poked my head into one of them to
> > help a guy re POGO. But didn't stay long. I suppose I will need the
> > help as well. Perhaps I should change my name, grin!!
> >
> > Heather

> the XP cd contains all the necessary tools for repairing XP

The words surely of someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

NTFS is superior to FAT32, however much of this advantage is then lost due
to repair tools being hard to find and very expensive to fix problems when
they occur.
--
Mike M

Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I don't like Joan, is the no. who won't hear a word said against
> Microsoft, like what's good for MS is good for the world, who repeat
> parrot-fashion and ad-nauseum that NTFS is superior to FAT32, and
> jump down the throat of anyone who has activation problems, assuming
> them to be pirates. Half of 'em are MVPs! You've also got a certain
> Microsoft employee who practices pro-microsoft censorship (and tells
> lies such as the XP cd contains all the necessary tools for repairing
> XP).

Shane

> NTFS is superior to FAT32, however much of this advantage is then lost due
> to repair tools being hard to find and very expensive to fix problems when
> they occur.

I agree, Mike. What I dislike is the way the majority who say so recommend
it to home users on the basis of such irrelevences as encrypting file
system, or as though NTFS in being potentially more secure than FAT32 is
actually immune to malware infection.

I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in action.

Shane

> I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in
> action.

Which is why I tend to prefer to ignore the other place and when I do drop
by and post, use an pseudonym. :)
--
Mike

Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, Mike. What I dislike is the way the majority who say so
> recommend it to home users on the basis of such irrelevences as
> encrypting file system, or as though NTFS in being potentially more
> secure than FAT32 is actually immune to malware infection.
>
> I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in
> action.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hmmm, I wonder if we should start a guessing game......figure out what your
pseudonym is on that group. I would be willing to bet it wouldn't take long
to do that, but you would have to make it *worthwhile*.....lol. Do I hear 5
GBP??

Heather :cool:))

> > I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in
> > action.
>
> Which is why I tend to prefer to ignore the other place and when I do drop
> by and post, use an pseudonym. :)
> --
> Mike
>

> Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I agree, Mike. What I dislike is the way the majority who say so
> > recommend it to home users on the basis of such irrelevences as
> > encrypting file system, or as though NTFS in being potentially more
> > secure than FAT32 is actually immune to malware infection.
> >
> > I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in
> > action.

Alias

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote

> I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in
> action.
>
> Shane

LOL!

Alias

Shane

"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote
> >
> > I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in
> > action.
> >
> > Shane
>
> LOL!
>
> Alias

;-)

Shane

Shane

> > I think XP General is a good place to observe Social Facilitation in
> > action.
>
> Which is why I tend to prefer to ignore the other place and when I do drop
> by and post, use an pseudonym. :)

Thanks for the heads up, Mike! <vbg>

Shane

Shane

> Going to phone Willy today.

Anyone's in particular?

> But already Shane has me in a *state of
> puzzlement*......which is nothing new for our boy!!

Then I've done my good deed for today!

Shane

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

DITZ!! My new-found techie that is going to put XP on here.......with a
new hard drive, etc.

Where have you been? You seem to appear out of nowhere for a bit and then
off into hiding again.

XX Figgs
"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > Going to phone Willy today.
>
> Anyone's in particular?
>
> > But already Shane has me in a *state of
> > puzzlement*......which is nothing new for our boy!!
>
> Then I've done my good deed for today!
>

> Shane

I know there are some like that but I like to keep my opinions mainly to
myself, although you must admit there are many who like to bash Microsoft
just because they are who they are.

As for the superiority of NTFS over FAT32 I don't know just that I thought
it gave a better cluster size so not wasting as much space, sorry but I'm
not into the inner workings of the OS, like tonight when I came back on
here and couldn't go anywhere, even though I was supposed to be connected
tried a reboot of the router didn't work, couldn't even shutdown no
problem just did a cold reboot and everything working OK again <vbg> after
all they are only machines and things go wrong especially when you've got
me in front of them <vbg>
Joan

Shane wrote:
> What I don't like Joan, is the no. who won't hear a word said against
> Microsoft, like what's good for MS is good for the world, who repeat
> parrot-fashion and ad-nauseum that NTFS is superior to FAT32, and
> jump down the throat of anyone who has activation problems, assuming
> them to be pirates. Half of 'em are MVPs! You've also got a certain
> Microsoft employee who practices pro-microsoft censorship (and tells
> lies such as the XP cd contains all the necessary tools for repairing
> XP).
>

> Shane

<lol> Trust you to come up with that idea <g>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Hmmm, I wonder if we should start a guessing game......figure out
> what your pseudonym is on that group. I would be willing to bet it
> wouldn't take long to do that, but you would have to make it
> *worthwhile*.....lol. Do I hear 5 GBP??
>
> Heather :cool:))

I would have thought that any OS regardless of file system can be hit by
spy/malware, I thought it was the person hitting the keyboard that did the
most damage <g>
Joan

Joan Archer wrote:
> I would have thought that any OS regardless of file system can be hit by
> spy/malware, I thought it was the person hitting the keyboard that did the
> most damage <g>
> Joan

For the subset of malware that for all intents and purposes consists of
"Click here to install a Virus" that's so, but the stuff that can get in
from network ports and java(script) and ActiveX etc. etc. are mostly the
fault of poor software development techniques on the consumer OSes' side.

rpl