Interesting article

Shane

Interesting, Joan. Not that I get the article you link to, but I find the
notion of Microsoft Windows entering it's 3rd decade at the very least,
curious!

Shane

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> I don't know how many of you saw this so I thought I'd post the link here,
> saw it in the XP ng's this morning.
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/05-02YoungMCP.asp
>
> Joan

Sorry about that link Shane just checked it and it's not the one it should
be, back soon will go and find the correct one.
Joan

Shane wrote:
> Interesting, Joan. Not that I get the article you link to, but I find
> the notion of Microsoft Windows entering it's 3rd decade at the very
> least, curious!
>

> Shane

Don't know what's happening here Shane but even though the link in the
posts on XP say it's the article about the young girl clicking on it just
defaults to the page you saw and yet this morning when I first saw it it
did go to the correct page.
It's in xp basics and general by Richard Urban with the subject you MVP's
have something to watch out for, or words to that effect <g>
Joan

Shane wrote:
> Interesting, Joan. Not that I get the article you link to, but I find
> the notion of Microsoft Windows entering it's 3rd decade at the very
> least, curious!
>

> Shane

Hmm - I saw it this morning, also - and it's gone for me, too!
Try this one instead....
http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/mar2005-daily/31-03-2005/metro/k9.htm

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> Don't know what's happening here Shane but even though the link in the
> posts on XP say it's the article about the young girl clicking on it just
> defaults to the page you saw and yet this morning when I first saw it it
> did go to the correct page.
> It's in xp basics and general by Richard Urban with the subject you MVP's
> have something to watch out for, or words to that effect <g>
> Joan
>

> Shane wrote:
>> Interesting, Joan. Not that I get the article you link to, but I find
>> the notion of Microsoft Windows entering it's 3rd decade at the very
>> least, curious!
>>

>> Shane

Hi Noel glad to see I'm not the only one to have the problem, went to the
link and it has the story but the one yesterday morning had much more
detail and a picture.
Perhaps I'll see an answer in XP when I check in there <g>
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> Hmm - I saw it this morning, also - and it's gone for me, too!
> Try this one instead....
> http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/mar2005-daily/31-03-2005/metro/k9.htm

Shane

No prob, Joan.

On the topic of stuff in the news, though. That police shooting last
Saturday evening happened in the road our cul-de-sac joins. The petrol
station behind the Harvester in the tv reports is where I used to buy cigs
in the middle of the night . Just around the corner is our local chippy.

It must have happened more-or-less in front of the kebab shop, so I'm
wondering if they put in a bid for the corpse?

> Sorry about that link Shane just checked it and it's not the one it should
> be, back soon will go and find the correct one.
> Joan
>

> Shane wrote:
> > Interesting, Joan. Not that I get the article you link to, but I find
> > the notion of Microsoft Windows entering it's 3rd decade at the very
> > least, curious!
> >

> > Shane

Shane

It's a more encouraging story than those we're perhaps more used to here,
where clearly-disturbed parents deny their children a childhood to achieve
similarly precocious ends.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:7L23QmpYPfcJ:www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/05-02YoungMCP.asp+Arfa+Karim+Randhawa&hl=en&start=1

> Noel Paton wrote:
> > Hmm - I saw it this morning, also - and it's gone for me, too!
> > Try this one instead....
> > http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/mar2005-daily/31-03-2005/metro/k9.htm

ROFL
Bye using the words *used to* can I assume that the habit has been
conquered <g>
Joan

Shane wrote:
> No prob, Joan.
>
> On the topic of stuff in the news, though. That police shooting last
> Saturday evening happened in the road our cul-de-sac joins. The petrol
> station behind the Harvester in the tv reports is where I used to buy
> cigs in the middle of the night . Just around the corner is our local
> chippy.
>
> It must have happened more-or-less in front of the kebab shop, so I'm
> wondering if they put in a bid for the corpse?
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry about that link Shane just checked it and it's not the one it
>> should be, back soon will go and find the correct one.
>> Joan
>>

>> Shane wrote:
>> > Interesting, Joan. Not that I get the article you link to, but I
>> > find the notion of Microsoft Windows entering it's 3rd decade at
>> > the very least, curious!
>> >

>> > Shane

Yeah - he now nips across to Calais for regular top-ups!
<eg>

--

> ROFL
> Bye using the words *used to* can I assume that the habit has been
> conquered <g>
> Joan
>

> Shane wrote:
>> No prob, Joan.
>>
>> On the topic of stuff in the news, though. That police shooting last
>> Saturday evening happened in the road our cul-de-sac joins. The petrol
>> station behind the Harvester in the tv reports is where I used to buy
>> cigs in the middle of the night . Just around the corner is our local
>> chippy.
>>
>> It must have happened more-or-less in front of the kebab shop, so I'm
>> wondering if they put in a bid for the corpse?
>>

>> Shane
>>

>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry about that link Shane just checked it and it's not the one it
>>> should be, back soon will go and find the correct one.
>>> Joan

ROFL
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> Yeah - he now nips across to Calais for regular top-ups!
> <eg>

Shane

Harumph!

Shane

> Yeah - he now nips across to Calais for regular top-ups!
> <eg>
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > ROFL
> > Bye using the words *used to* can I assume that the habit has been
> > conquered <g>
> > Joan
> >

> > Shane wrote:
> >> No prob, Joan.
> >>
> >> On the topic of stuff in the news, though. That police shooting last
> >> Saturday evening happened in the road our cul-de-sac joins. The petrol
> >> station behind the Harvester in the tv reports is where I used to buy
> >> cigs in the middle of the night . Just around the corner is our local
> >> chippy.
> >>
> >> It must have happened more-or-less in front of the kebab shop, so I'm
> >> wondering if they put in a bid for the corpse?
> >>

> >> Shane
> >>

> >> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

Shane

Indeed, Joan. Coming up to 10 months now. Though I doubt I'll ever shake the
conviction I'm somehow betraying myself by not smoking.

Shane

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> ROFL
> Bye using the words *used to* can I assume that the habit has been
> conquered <g>
> Joan
>

> Shane wrote:
> > No prob, Joan.
> >
> > On the topic of stuff in the news, though. That police shooting last
> > Saturday evening happened in the road our cul-de-sac joins. The petrol
> > station behind the Harvester in the tv reports is where I used to buy
> > cigs in the middle of the night . Just around the corner is our local
> > chippy.
> >
> > It must have happened more-or-less in front of the kebab shop, so I'm
> > wondering if they put in a bid for the corpse?
> >

> > Shane
> >

> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> >> Sorry about that link Shane just checked it and it's not the one it
> >> should be, back soon will go and find the correct one.
> >> Joan

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Fantastic!! Don't EVER go back to it. I just wish I could quit. Thinking
of it now. Will use the patch, I suppose. Gets tiresome when you can't
smoke anywhere but your own home!! Not to mention the health risks.

Goodonya....Figgs

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Indeed, Joan. Coming up to 10 months now. Though I doubt I'll ever shake
the
> conviction I'm somehow betraying myself by not smoking.
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > ROFL
> > Bye using the words *used to* can I assume that the habit has been
> > conquered <g>
> > Joan
> >

> > Shane wrote:
> > > No prob, Joan.
> > >
> > > On the topic of stuff in the news, though. That police shooting last
> > > Saturday evening happened in the road our cul-de-sac joins. The petrol
> > > station behind the Harvester in the tv reports is where I used to buy
> > > cigs in the middle of the night . Just around the corner is our local
> > > chippy.
> > >
> > > It must have happened more-or-less in front of the kebab shop, so I'm
> > > wondering if they put in a bid for the corpse?
> > >

> > > Shane
> > >

> > > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

<g> I've often thought that but carry on, at least I'm happy says she
lighting up while replying to this <vbg>
Joan

Heather wrote:
> Fantastic!! Don't EVER go back to it. I just wish I could quit.
> Thinking of it now. Will use the patch, I suppose. Gets tiresome
> when you can't smoke anywhere but your own home!! Not to mention the
> health risks.
>
> Goodonya....Figgs

Shane

Seems to me, Figgs, all other considerations aside, that what it boils down
to is some Republican drug peddlar laughing all the way to the bank with
your money, while the fact you're ruining your health in the process is
icing on his amoral cake.

Hope you succeed.

Shane

TRENDING THREADS