well i went and did it

after holding out for several weeks for a miracle board that did everything
i gave up and bought one for fifty quid. Why i here you ask? Well my local
retailer couldn't actually acquire one. so i got the asus a7v600-x
and a 2800 amd barton with a single 512mb twin moss stick to go in it. The
biggest baddest heatsink i ever set eyes on and a dirty great big aluminium
case with clear sides and neons and lcd and stuff.

Now its been awhile since my last case purchase but wow! my last power
supply was £60 300W enlight.
the case was another £55 and i had to remove the existing 250watt.
The case was quite clever because not only was there a base plate but the
mountings for the add on cards was part of the base so you could remove the
whole mobo and still have everything mounted and screwed in.

Now i have jumpers coming out my ass. Things like usb on with 2amp or 5amps
and keyboard support and low power sleep mode or really low power sleep
mode.

The case has a load of connectors i have no idea where they go. they look
like they all plug into floppy disk power supplies. Best of all all no
instructions whatsoever. I never seen a case with so many leads. fire
wire, audio and usb, but every single pin connector has a seperate lead
instead of a circuit so as long as you are a qualified electrician you can
plug your usb into your mobo.

> The case has a load of connectors i have no idea where they go. they look
> like they all plug into floppy disk power supplies. Best of all all no
> instructions whatsoever. I never seen a case with so many leads. fire
> wire, audio and usb, but every single pin connector has a seperate lead
> instead of a circuit so as long as you are a qualified electrician you can
> plug your usb into your mobo.

It is mildly complicated, isn't it? The booklet you got with your
Asus motherboard should help a lot with plugging in your front
case wires -- those are the tricky ones. Look at it this way,
you've got only so many wires in your case, only so many plugs on
your motherboard, and all the time in the world to sort them out.
Good luck. :)