Critical update Q823559

I ran Belarc Advisor and found 3 items that needed to be
reinstalled (upd323255, upd811630, & updq823559). No problem with
the first two, but I can't get 823559 to install. I checked my
installation history on windows update site and found that this
particular item failed multiple times back in Aug & Sept 2003, but
was finally successful on 9/17/03. The exe file is in WU folder,
but it will not go thru with the installation. What could be the
problem with this?
Janice

Try booting to Safe Mode and then installing the 823559 patch from there.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

granjan <me@nospam.net> wrote:

> I ran Belarc Advisor and found 3 items that needed to be
> reinstalled (upd323255, upd811630, & updq823559). No problem with
> the first two, but I can't get 823559 to install. I checked my
> installation history on windows update site and found that this
> particular item failed multiple times back in Aug & Sept 2003, but
> was finally successful on 9/17/03. The exe file is in WU folder,
> but it will not go thru with the installation. What could be the
> problem with this?
> Janice

Well that didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?

| Try booting to Safe Mode and then installing the 823559 patch
from there.
| --
| Mike Maltby MS-MVP
| mike.maltby@gmail.com
|

| granjan <me@nospam.net> wrote:
|
| > I ran Belarc Advisor and found 3 items that needed to be
| > reinstalled (upd323255, upd811630, & updq823559). No problem
with
| > the first two, but I can't get 823559 to install. I checked
my
| > installation history on windows update site and found that
this
| > particular item failed multiple times back in Aug & Sept 2003,
but
| > was finally successful on 9/17/03. The exe file is in WU
folder,
| > but it will not go thru with the installation. What could be
the
| > problem with this?
| > Janice

Well I managed to get it installed finally. I went to add/remove
programs and it was listed there, so I clicked uninstall and it
removed it from the list. That's all I could tell it did, but it
let me install from the download and it is fine on the new Belarc
listing.

"granjan" <me@nospam.net> wrote in message
| Well that didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?
|
| "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
| | Try booting to Safe Mode and then installing the 823559 patch
| from there.
| | --
| | Mike Maltby MS-MVP
| | mike.maltby@gmail.com
| |
| |
| | granjan <me@nospam.net> wrote:
| |
| | > I ran Belarc Advisor and found 3 items that needed to be
| | > reinstalled (upd323255, upd811630, & updq823559). No
problem
| with
| | > the first two, but I can't get 823559 to install. I checked
| my
| | > installation history on windows update site and found that
| this
| | > particular item failed multiple times back in Aug & Sept
2003,
| but
| | > was finally successful on 9/17/03. The exe file is in WU
| folder,
| | > but it will not go thru with the installation. What could be
| the
| | > problem with this?
| | > Janice

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry I forgot to suggest that you do what
you did as the update was probably being stopped by the registry entry
that denotes that the patch is already installed.

Regards,
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com