Epson PictureMate

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this printer - the ink and
paper are sold in a combined package. The ink cartridge appears to be able
to print more than 100 prints which is how many sheets are included in the
package. Does anyone know what kind of paper Epson uses for this printer so
I could buy a package of paper without the ink? The information included
with the printer indicates the ink is pigment based and the paper has a
glossy surface. My understanding is that pigment-bases inks do not work on
Epson Glossy Photo Paper. Could the paper be Premium Glossy Photo Paper?

thanks for any help,

--
Brian
respond to bdplikaytis@bellsouth.net

Yes, Epson actually recommends their premium glossy 4x6 paper if additional
paper is needed.

James

"Brian P." <bdplikaytis@nspmbellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this printer - the ink
and
> paper are sold in a combined package. The ink cartridge appears to be able
> to print more than 100 prints which is how many sheets are included in the
> package. Does anyone know what kind of paper Epson uses for this printer
so
> I could buy a package of paper without the ink? The information included
> with the printer indicates the ink is pigment based and the paper has a
> glossy surface. My understanding is that pigment-bases inks do not work on
> Epson Glossy Photo Paper. Could the paper be Premium Glossy Photo Paper?
>
> thanks for any help,
>
> --
> Brian
> respond to bdplikaytis@bellsouth.net

James,
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

--

"James Akiyama" <james_akiyama@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Yes, Epson actually recommends their premium glossy 4x6 paper if
additional
> paper is needed.
>
> James
>
> "Brian P." <bdplikaytis@nspmbellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this printer - the ink
> and
> > paper are sold in a combined package. The ink cartridge appears to be
able
> > to print more than 100 prints which is how many sheets are included in
the
> > package. Does anyone know what kind of paper Epson uses for this printer
> so
> > I could buy a package of paper without the ink? The information included
> > with the printer indicates the ink is pigment based and the paper has a
> > glossy surface. My understanding is that pigment-bases inks do not work
on
> > Epson Glossy Photo Paper. Could the paper be Premium Glossy Photo Paper?
> >
> > thanks for any help,
> >
> > --
> > Brian
> > respond to bdplikaytis@bellsouth.net

The printer does a wonderful job on the glossy paper. I love my printer.

"Brian P." <bdplikaytis@nspmbellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this printer - the ink
>and
> paper are sold in a combined package. The ink cartridge appears to be able
> to print more than 100 prints which is how many sheets are included in the
> package. Does anyone know what kind of paper Epson uses for this printer
> so
> I could buy a package of paper without the ink? The information included
> with the printer indicates the ink is pigment based and the paper has a
> glossy surface. My understanding is that pigment-bases inks do not work on
> Epson Glossy Photo Paper. Could the paper be Premium Glossy Photo Paper?
>
> thanks for any help,
>
> --
> Brian
> respond to bdplikaytis@bellsouth.net

On the premium glossy paper? I notice that when I send my images to the
printer through Photoshop, sometimes the images come out looking just like
the screen images, sometimes, quite a bit lighter. Haven't been able to
figure this one out yet. Still - it's a great way to get snapshots for a
photo album.