System Restore Checkpoints

Hi:
Up until 5 weeks ago, if I wanted to set a System Restore Point I had to
either do it manually or disable McAfee Firewall, wait 10-15 minutes and then
enable McAfee again. Since then my system aautomatically sets anywhere from
2-5 checkpoints automatically every day. Why the change if I haven't reset
the system? Does this indicate something is amiss, or was it always until 5
weeks ago?

Thanks in advance.

Vince
--
vince
2 answers Last reply

    When working correctly Win Me's system restore should create an automatic
    system checkpoint roughly every ten hours with additional checkpoints
    being created when software installs or upgrades are made that use the
    Microsoft windows installer, hotfixes installed either via AU or from the
    Windows Update site and also when software installs are made that use
    recent versions of InstallShield.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    vince <vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Hi:
    > Up until 5 weeks ago, if I wanted to set a System Restore Point I had
    > to either do it manually or disable McAfee Firewall, wait 10-15
    > minutes and then enable McAfee again. Since then my system
    > aautomatically sets anywhere from 2-5 checkpoints automatically every
    > day. Why the change if I haven't reset the system? Does this
    > indicate something is amiss, or was it always until 5 weeks ago?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Vince

    Mike:

    Thanks! I suppose I should wonder why I needed to do the McAfee Firewall
    dance before March 15, but if what's happening now is the way it should be, I
    just accept it.
    Thanks again.

    Vince

    "Mike M" wrote:

    > When working correctly Win Me's system restore should create an automatic
    > system checkpoint roughly every ten hours with additional checkpoints
    > being created when software installs or upgrades are made that use the
    > Microsoft windows installer, hotfixes installed either via AU or from the
    > Windows Update site and also when software installs are made that use
    > recent versions of InstallShield.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > vince <vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi:
    > > Up until 5 weeks ago, if I wanted to set a System Restore Point I had
    > > to either do it manually or disable McAfee Firewall, wait 10-15
    > > minutes and then enable McAfee again. Since then my system
    > > aautomatically sets anywhere from 2-5 checkpoints automatically every
    > > day. Why the change if I haven't reset the system? Does this
    > > indicate something is amiss, or was it always until 5 weeks ago?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Vince

McAfee Microsoft System Restore Windows