System Restore Checkpoints

vinCe

Hi:
Up until 5 weeks ago, if I wanted to set a System Restore Point I had to
either do it manually or disable McAfee Firewall, wait 10-15 minutes and then
enable McAfee again. Since then my system aautomatically sets anywhere from
2-5 checkpoints automatically every day. Why the change if I haven't reset
the system? Does this indicate something is amiss, or was it always until 5
weeks ago?

Thanks in advance.

Vince
--
vince

When working correctly Win Me's system restore should create an automatic
system checkpoint roughly every ten hours with additional checkpoints
being created when software installs or upgrades are made that use the
Microsoft windows installer, hotfixes installed either via AU or from the
Windows Update site and also when software installs are made that use
recent versions of InstallShield.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

vince <vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi:
> Up until 5 weeks ago, if I wanted to set a System Restore Point I had
> to either do it manually or disable McAfee Firewall, wait 10-15
> minutes and then enable McAfee again. Since then my system
> aautomatically sets anywhere from 2-5 checkpoints automatically every
> day. Why the change if I haven't reset the system? Does this
> indicate something is amiss, or was it always until 5 weeks ago?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Vince

vinCe

Mike:

Thanks! I suppose I should wonder why I needed to do the McAfee Firewall
dance before March 15, but if what's happening now is the way it should be, I
just accept it.
Thanks again.

Vince