ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hi I am looking for the usb controller driver for an emachine model T2482.
Would appreciate any help you could give. thanks, Ray

jad

4 in 1 haven't had the USB 2.0 drivers in them. You have to figure out if its an NEC or
whichever brand chip is controlling USB.

"Ray" <n8woz@excite.com> wrote in message news:Rt6dnaTMgeGXBmbcRVn-jA@comcast.com...
> Hi I am looking for the usb controller driver for an emachine model T2482.
> Would appreciate any help you could give. thanks, Ray

"Ray" <n8woz@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hi I am looking for the usb controller driver for an emachine model T2482.
> Would appreciate any help you could give. thanks, Ray

USB support is typically a function of a motherboard's chipset, if that
function is enabled in the BIOS. Have you checked the various BIOS setup
screens to see if USB is enabled? If so, you might try reinstalling the
latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers for your motherboard. You can find them below.
Note that the following link is broken, as it only works fully with Internet
Explorer. -Dave

http://www.emachines.com/support/support_info.html?prodName=T2482

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Thanks for info. I did install the drivers from this link earlier, but
still showed up drivers not installed. I did not check the bios, will do
that next. I just assumed when it said driver not installed, that it
wasn't. I did notice that when I installed the 4in1 driver that there were
really only 3 items there. Reinstalled them twice to make sure. Not sure
if that is the way it should show up. Appreciate the help! Ray
"Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote in message

> "Ray" <n8woz@excite.com> wrote in message
> > Hi I am looking for the usb controller driver for an emachine model
T2482.
> > Would appreciate any help you could give. thanks, Ray
>
> USB support is typically a function of a motherboard's chipset, if that
> function is enabled in the BIOS. Have you checked the various BIOS setup
> screens to see if USB is enabled? If so, you might try reinstalling the
> latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers for your motherboard. You can find them below.
> Note that the following link is broken, as it only works fully with
Internet
> Explorer. -Dave
>
> http://www.emachines.com/support/support_info.html?prodName=T2482

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

What is the best way to tell that, Belarc Advisor or some type of software?
Or just physically looking at the mobo? So you are saying that the 4in1
does not support 2.0? Where do you get the 2.0usb drivers then? I do
appreciate the help. I am not real well verse in driver support. thanks Ray
"JAD" <hrhackthatspam@witchiepoo.com> wrote in message
> 4 in 1 haven't had the USB 2.0 drivers in them. You have to figure out if
its an NEC or
> whichever brand chip is controlling USB.
>

> "Ray" <n8woz@excite.com> wrote in message
> > Hi I am looking for the usb controller driver for an emachine model
T2482.
> > Would appreciate any help you could give. thanks, Ray

jad

Most USB 2.0 has a add on controller chip. Belarc > is some other
utility now, cant think of the name, but yes something like that. Or
check the device manager to see if it will identify it for you. I
looked at the 'E' site but they make no mention of USB 2.0 anywhere.
Also take note of the motherboard model# stenciled on the board and
the VIA chipset. They will be printed right on the chip itself.

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&Type=1

> Thanks for info. I did install the drivers from this link earlier, but
> still showed up drivers not installed. I did not check the bios, will do
> that next. I just assumed when it said driver not installed, that it
> wasn't. I did notice that when I installed the 4in1 driver that there were
> really only 3 items there. Reinstalled them twice to make sure. Not sure
> if that is the way it should show up. Appreciate the help! Ray

Well the 4-in-1 pack only installs software for hardware that it finds. I
should say, it prompts you to install drivers that it thinks you need.
Also, there are some boards that require a separate USB driver. Not sure if
yours is one of them. But if you have certain chips on the mainboard, you
can find the USB driver for them at the following link. -Dave

http://www.viaarena.com/

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Thanks, I appreciate all the help. Its nice to have a source like this with
helpful people. cu Ray