safe mode

Ho do I start Win ME in safe mode?

--

-Jesse

depends on your machine.......try holding the Del key down during boot up or
'tapping' the F8 key until you hear the POST beep......when you get the boot
optiom menu, choose number 3.....Safe Mode.
Heirloom, old and works for me

"KingTek" <no.spam@for.me> wrote in message
> Ho do I start Win ME in safe mode?
>
> --
>
> -Jesse

"optiom"?.....wthit?..........OPTION.
Heirloom, old and hates typos

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> depends on your machine.......try holding the Del key down during boot up
or
> 'tapping' the F8 key until you hear the POST beep......when you get the
boot
> optiom menu, choose number 3.....Safe Mode.
> Heirloom, old and works for me
>

> "KingTek" <no.spam@for.me> wrote in message
> > Ho do I start Win ME in safe mode?
> >
> > --
> >
> > -Jesse

I think they make life interesting, heirloom.
We can figure them out!
No need to loose sleep over it.

Harry.

> "optiom"?.....wthit?..........OPTION.
> Heirloom, old and hates typos
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > depends on your machine.......try holding the Del key down during boot
up
> or
> > 'tapping' the F8 key until you hear the POST beep......when you get the
> boot
> > optiom menu, choose number 3.....Safe Mode.
> > Heirloom, old and works for me
> >

> > "KingTek" <no.spam@for.me> wrote in message
> > > Ho do I start Win ME in safe mode?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > -Jesse

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Holding down the *Ctrl* key while my computer reboots works for me......then
pick #3 for Safe Mode and go from there.

Cheers....Heather

"KingTek" <no.spam@for.me> wrote in message
> Ho do I start Win ME in safe mode?
>
> --
>
> -Jesse

this has not been my day..........Ctrl key is right, thank you, Miss Figgy.
However, the F8 key does work on some.....like my Me box.
Heirloom, old and feel like King Midas, but, it ain't
turning to GOLD.
\

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Holding down the *Ctrl* key while my computer reboots works for
me......then
> pick #3 for Safe Mode and go from there.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Not been exactly 100% here either, old sock!! Ctrl is all I have ever used.

At least now I know where the problem is with upgrading this
computer......so now I will just wait and get a new one.

I would rather have a nice holiday or two first. Not to mention I have
replaced the roof, and now have to do the same with the furnace. The damned
painter did the garage doors and disappeared.....but I didn't pay him. So
have to find another one to do the rest. Damned service people!! Ain't no
pride in their respective professions any more.

Ok....rant off.

Have fun, pussycat. You will get it worked out in due time. Think of the
learning experience you are having!!

XX Figgs

> this has not been my day..........Ctrl key is right, thank you, Miss
Figgy.
> However, the F8 key does work on some.....like my Me box.
> Heirloom, old and feel like King Midas, but, it ain't
> turning to GOLD.
> \
>
> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > Holding down the *Ctrl* key while my computer reboots works for
> me......then
> > pick #3 for Safe Mode and go from there.

There is an 'Official' (documented) MS method for WinMe - as per a search
for 'safe mode' in Help and
Support Centre will find - by holding down or 'stabbing at' the Ctrl or the
F8 keys.

A further couple of 'Unofficial' methods are by using the Shift key as
above, or when your machine is running in Normal Mode, run msconfig.exe and
on the General tab, select Advanced and check the 'Enable Startup Menu' box.
(Not forgetting to disable it when you've finished <g>)

Mart

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> this has not been my day..........Ctrl key is right, thank you, Miss
> Figgy.
> However, the F8 key does work on some.....like my Me box.
> Heirloom, old and feel like King Midas, but, it ain't
> turning to GOLD.
> \
>
> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Holding down the *Ctrl* key while my computer reboots works for
> me......then
>> pick #3 for Safe Mode and go from there.

Someone

You can hit F5 instead of F8 and go directly to Safe Mode. You can also run
"msconfig" and click on the Advanced tab, which gives you a box to check
which reads: "enable startup menu." If you do, every time you boot up, you
go to the option tab you would get with F8. Since neither F5 or F8 works
all the time for me, this is a viable option, but I don't use it.
"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> There is an 'Official' (documented) MS method for WinMe - as per a search
> for 'safe mode' in Help and
> Support Centre will find - by holding down or 'stabbing at' the Ctrl or
the
> F8 keys.
>
> A further couple of 'Unofficial' methods are by using the Shift key as
> above, or when your machine is running in Normal Mode, run msconfig.exe
and
> on the General tab, select Advanced and check the 'Enable Startup Menu'
box.
> (Not forgetting to disable it when you've finished <g>)
>
> Mart
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.invalid> wrote in message
> > this has not been my day..........Ctrl key is right, thank you, Miss
> > Figgy.
> > However, the F8 key does work on some.....like my Me box.
> > Heirloom, old and feel like King Midas, but, it ain't
> > turning to GOLD.
> > \
> >
> > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Holding down the *Ctrl* key while my computer reboots works for
> > me......then
> >> pick #3 for Safe Mode and go from there.

TRENDING THREADS