Pricedure for Recovering a corrupt BIOS chip

JohnS

Good article. He needs to post one on updating those
cotton-picking CDR/CDRW BIOSs. That is catching
me, and I am having a hard time picking a reliable
Manufacturer. I would like to take the LG models
off the shelf so nobody can bring me another one. They
read maybe half of the cds out there. I can make one
work by burning a copy of the cd in a SONY cdr/w
and then the LG will read it. Getting to be a nuisance.
I know it is a BIOS issue, because I've updated a few,
and when it works and does not totally crash the drive,
it will read the cds. I have about 20 standard cdroms
that will not read any new cds without BIOS upgrades.
I lose 2 out of 3 trying to update the BIOS.

johns