Wireless Networking Problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 6:03:02 AM

Hey, can someone please help me I have recently set up an ad-hoc wireless
network and the connection between them is rated as excellent. However i
cannot access any files or printer or internet sharing. Why is this? Its like
they are connected but i cant do anything with them?
Thank You
July 20, 2005 6:54:03 AM

This is going to sound like a stupid question but are they both members of
the same Domain or Workgroup?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 7:06:01 AM

yes both have the same workgroup its like some permsisions might be unaccesible

"Andrew" wrote:

> This is going to sound like a stupid question but are they both members of
> the same Domain or Workgroup?
July 20, 2005 10:52:41 AM

tomm098 wrote:

> Hey, can someone please help me I have recently set up an ad-hoc
> wireless network and the connection between them is rated as
> excellent. However i cannot access any files or printer or internet
> sharing. Why is this? Its like they are connected but i cant do
> anything with them? Thank You

It sounds like you have firewalls misconfigured. The name of the
Workgroup is irrelevant; machines with different Workgroup names can
share files/printers.

Here are links to help you set up your home network, including a network
troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. It is worthwhile to go through
the troubleshooter, as it will pinpoint problem area(s).

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm
http://www.ezlan.net/index.html

Malke
--