Recommend SFF for Athlon 64?

I'm considering putting together a small form factor box centered
around a low-end Athlon 64, maybe a Sempron. This will be for my wife,
who mostly does text editing and web surfing, but also some CD burning
and a bit of image editing. I already have a decent AGP video card,
which I'd prefer to use, but I'd consider integrated graphics, assuming
the performance isn't dismal. Top priorities are small size and sound
level. Any recommendations for a SFF barebones?

arzevoc:

> I'm considering putting together a small form factor box centered
> around a low-end Athlon 64, maybe a Sempron. This will be for my wife,
> who mostly does text editing and web surfing, but also some CD burning
> and a bit of image editing. I already have a decent AGP video card,
> which I'd prefer to use, but I'd consider integrated graphics, assuming
> the performance isn't dismal. Top priorities are small size and sound
> level. Any recommendations for a SFF barebones?

Image editing in general prefers CPU power and memory. I don't know how
large the images are but using a Sempron and onboard graphics would be
counter productive for image editing.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/
--
Mac Cool

On 30 Jan 2005 05:33:09 -0800, "arzevoc" <echasin@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm considering putting together a small form factor box centered
>around a low-end Athlon 64, maybe a Sempron. This will be for my wife,
>who mostly does text editing and web surfing, but also some CD burning
>and a bit of image editing. I already have a decent AGP video card,
>which I'd prefer to use, but I'd consider integrated graphics, assuming
>the performance isn't dismal. Top priorities are small size and sound
>level. Any recommendations for a SFF barebones?

I would look at the Biostar 210P. I don't own one, but it is very appealing!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=56-115-019&depa=0
http://www.biostar-usa.com/

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided I liked the flexibility of the
Antec Aria (i.e. the ability to swap out microATX motherboards), and
I've had good success with Antec in the past.