Wireless connectivity Suggestions Wanted

All,

We currently have a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router and are looking
for upgrade suggestions.

While the current router works well for wired connections, it does not
perform well everywhere in the house. The router is located in an
office in the lower level of a two level residence. When on the
second level, it is very difficult to get a good connection.

We have in-floor radiant heat which may cause part of the problem, I
don't know. Anyway, I am looking for a way to get better wireless
function throughout the house.

Is there a way of putting a "repeater" on the second level? Or
something similar?

Looking for good suggestions.

Douglas

rhys

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:23:16 -0600, Douglas Fifield
<douglas.fifield@comcast.net> wrote:

>We have in-floor radiant heat which may cause part of the problem, I
>don't know. Anyway, I am looking for a way to get better wireless
>function throughout the house.

I don't know either, but if it's the "hot wire coiled in concrete"
radiant floor instead of "hot oil/water in conduit in concrete/tile"
radiant floor, I can certainly see that screwing up wireless.

You might want to consider running a network cable through that floor
to a hub, and finding a second, cheapo wireless solution. Or, just put
in a few jacks. Radiant floors might have access panels that allow
between floor runs of cable.

R.