Unable to access CD_ROM

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
May 10, 2005 10:45:00 AM

I am unable to access an internal CD-ROM on my machine.
This has worked fine until someone went on and did
something! The CD_ROM has power (door opens / closes)
but unable to see it. Is there an utility I can use to
re-map it? The control panel - hardware function does
not find the CD_ROM either.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

More about : unable access rom

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 6:51:02 PM

Try booting to Safe Mode, open the Device Manager and delete all CD-ROM
entries. Close, reboot back into Normal Mode and let the system redetect
and reinstall your hardware. If this doesn't work it is possible that
your CD-ROM drive is shot.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com