Unable to access CD_ROM

I am unable to access an internal CD-ROM on my machine.
This has worked fine until someone went on and did
something! The CD_ROM has power (door opens / closes)
but unable to see it. Is there an utility I can use to
re-map it? The control panel - hardware function does
not find the CD_ROM either.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
1 answer Last reply
More about unable access cd_rom

    Try booting to Safe Mode, open the Device Manager and delete all CD-ROM
    entries. Close, reboot back into Normal Mode and let the system redetect
    and reinstall your hardware. If this doesn't work it is possible that
    your CD-ROM drive is shot.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Stewart Glennie <StewartGlennie@aol.com> wrote:

    > I am unable to access an internal CD-ROM on my machine.
    > This has worked fine until someone went on and did
    > something! The CD_ROM has power (door opens / closes)
    > but unable to see it. Is there an utility I can use to
    > re-map it? The control panel - hardware function does
    > not find the CD_ROM either.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can provide.

Control Panel CD-Rom Microsoft Windows