Canon S900 diagnostics by Power & Resume buttons

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 19, 2004 11:53:55 PM

Search Google as many ways as I can and cannot come up with an answer.
Is there any way you can do any tests on this printer without hooking it to
a computer?
Such as print a test page, nozzle test, clean heads, etc.
On my HP I can do this using the power and resume buttons in various
combinations, Is there any way to do this on the Canon, If so does anyone
know the combinations?

Thanks for any help or feedback.

--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

rlamont@shaw.ca
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 10:58:38 AM

"Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Search Google as many ways as I can and cannot come up with an answer.
> Is there any way you can do any tests on this printer without hooking it
> to a computer?
> Such as print a test page, nozzle test, clean heads, etc.
> On my HP I can do this using the power and resume buttons in various
> combinations, Is there any way to do this on the Canon, If so does anyone
> know the combinations?
>
> Thanks for any help or feedback.

This information can be found in the manual. It is located as a pdf file on
included CD or can also be downloaded from Canon's website. It also is
provided as part of the online troubleshooting at Canon's web site.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 10:14:38 PM

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

> "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Search Google as many ways as I can and cannot come up with an answer.
>> Is there any way you can do any tests on this printer without hooking it
>> to a computer?
>> Such as print a test page, nozzle test, clean heads, etc.
>> On my HP I can do this using the power and resume buttons in various
>> combinations, Is there any way to do this on the Canon, If so does anyone
>> know the combinations?
>>
>> Thanks for any help or feedback.
>>

> This information can be found in the manual. It is located as a pdf file
> on included CD or can also be downloaded from Canon's website. It also is
> provided as part of the online troubleshooting at Canon's web site.

Thanks PCMedic, Found it in the PDF users manual file on the CD.
Kard to spot but it was there.

Rene Lamontagne
!