Power supply advice needed

Anthony wrote:

> Okay I think it time for a new power suppy and my antec 400w isnt getting
> me enough amps for my 12 v how about this one:
>
> http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=20330
>

> if not got a better recomondation? That one gives 28amps more then enough
> for my 2 hard drives 1 dvd-rw (wanna put my other cdrw back in to) and my
> 6600 leadtek card.

The specifications from the Antec website says that it only gives 22 amps on
the +12V side. It gives 28 amps on the +3.3V. Did you confuse something?

http://www.antec.com/specs/true330_spe.html

The TruePower 430 gives out 26 amps on the +12V, and looks like quite a bit
more headroom for future needs.

http://www.antec.com/specs/true430_spe.html

--

Registered Linux user #378193

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

oops ment the 430 anyway haha sorry dunno were I got the other one from
probobly confused them

"Ruel Smith" <NoWay@NoWhere.com> wrote in message
> Anthony wrote:
>
>> Okay I think it time for a new power suppy and my antec 400w isnt getting
>> me enough amps for my 12 v how about this one:
>>
>> http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=20330
>>

>> if not got a better recomondation? That one gives 28amps more then enough
>> for my 2 hard drives 1 dvd-rw (wanna put my other cdrw back in to) and my
>> 6600 leadtek card.
>
> The specifications from the Antec website says that it only gives 22 amps
> on
> the +12V side. It gives 28 amps on the +3.3V. Did you confuse something?
>
> http://www.antec.com/specs/true330_spe.html
>
> The TruePower 430 gives out 26 amps on the +12V, and looks like quite a
> bit
> more headroom for future needs.
>
> http://www.antec.com/specs/true430_spe.html
>

> --