Where do i locate rundll32.exe

I need to know where to find the file rundll32.exe. When i try to get into
control panel "Add/Remove Programs" or view a picture, i get an error
message "Windows cannot find rundll32.exe" or "Windows cannot find
'C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.exe'...." When I search for the file on the hard drive,
the computer doesn't find it. What can I do to gat the rundll32.exe back?

You can replace rundll32.exe with a new copy from the Win Me cab set as
follows. However it is possible that your PC has been infected by a
variant of the CoolWebSearch parasite.

See Variant 24. CWS.Control at
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html and also
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/search.aspx?mode=scan&allwords=true&pst=CWS.

Download and use CWShredder, merijn's removal tool from

You may also need to replace control.exe with a new copy.

Control.exe is contained in WIN_16.CAB and Rundll32.exe in WIN_17.CAB of
the Win Me cab set and can be restored using MSConfig | General | Extract
File ... and following the prompts. The "cab" files are in the Win9x
folder on the Win Me CD and also in either the C:\Windows\Options\Cabs or
C:\Windows\Options\Install, which depends on the media from which Win Me
was installed. See MS KB129605 - "HOW TO: Extract Original Compressed
Windows Files" (http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=129605).
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com