Soyo SATA Problems

My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back and
When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a System
Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression is
that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot the
disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
Thanks in Advance
dg
amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net

I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
fine
"davegood" <amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
> become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
> and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a System
> Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
> Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression is
> that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot the
> disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
> Thanks in Advance
> dg
> amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net

Actually the SATA drive did partially load windows xp and then got a message
about a possible new software or new hardware and a recommendation to start
xp in the safe mode, but when I did this I got a couple of pages of text and
then the whole system stalled, so I don't think it is a channel problem.
What I want to do is to get into Windows XP on the SATA drive and then run
restore or go back as I am pretty certain that the problem occured when I
partially loaded MS Works 2002.

Any other suggestiions ???
thanx
dg
"RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
>one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
>fine
> "davegood" <amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
>> become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
>> and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a
>> System Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
>> Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression
>> is that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot
>> the disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
>> Thanks in Advance
>> dg
>> amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net

AFTER STALLING, THE SYSTEM REBOOTS ITSELF AND GOES INTO AN INFINITE LOOP OF
PARTIALLY LOADING WINDOWS, THE OPENING SCREEN WITH THE HORIZONTAL BAR AND
REBOOTS AGAIN AND I CAN'T GET INTO THE HD TO GO BACK TO A RECOVERY POINT.