Soyo SATA Problems

My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back and
When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a System
Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression is
that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot the
disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
Thanks in Advance
dg
amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net
3 answers Last reply
More about soyo sata problems

    I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
    one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
    fine
    "davegood" <amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
    > become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
    > and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a System
    > Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
    > Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression is
    > that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot the
    > disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
    > Thanks in Advance
    > dg
    > amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net

    Actually the SATA drive did partially load windows xp and then got a message
    about a possible new software or new hardware and a recommendation to start
    xp in the safe mode, but when I did this I got a couple of pages of text and
    then the whole system stalled, so I don't think it is a channel problem.
    What I want to do is to get into Windows XP on the SATA drive and then run
    restore or go back as I am pretty certain that the problem occured when I
    partially loaded MS Works 2002.

    Any other suggestiions ???
    thanx
    dg
    "RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
    >one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
    >fine
    > "davegood" <amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
    >> become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
    >> and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a
    >> System Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
    >> Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression
    >> is that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot
    >> the disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
    >> Thanks in Advance
    >> dg
    >> amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net

    AFTER STALLING, THE SYSTEM REBOOTS ITSELF AND GOES INTO AN INFINITE LOOP OF
    PARTIALLY LOADING WINDOWS, THE OPENING SCREEN WITH THE HORIZONTAL BAR AND
    REBOOTS AGAIN AND I CAN'T GET INTO THE HD TO GO BACK TO A RECOVERY POINT.
    "davegood" <amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
    > become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
    > and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a System
    > Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
    > Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression is
    > that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot the
    > disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
    > Thanks in Advance
    > dg
    > amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net

Homebuilt SATA Soyo Windows XP Systems