Firefox 1.0.4 Available

This is a critical update.

Alias
24 answers Last reply
More about firefox available

    Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it over
    1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a complete
    Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have *small*
    updates.

    I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    1.03.....but some said delete it.

    UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off into
    whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04 over
    top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!

    Heather
    "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > This is a critical update.
    >
    > Alias

    FYI,

    I uninstalled 1.0.3 first, rebooted and installed 1.0.4 on several systems, WinME included, and all of them are 100% OK.

    Zee

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%23vyWX6xVFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it over
    > 1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a complete
    > Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have *small*
    > updates.
    >
    > I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    > 1.03.....but some said delete it.
    >
    > UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off into
    > whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04 over
    > top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!
    >
    > Heather
    > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > > This is a critical update.
    > >
    > > Alias

    I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.

    Alias

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote

    > Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it over
    > 1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a
    > complete
    > Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have *small*
    > updates.
    >
    > I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    > 1.03.....but some said delete it.
    >
    > UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off into
    > whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04 over
    > top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!
    >
    > Heather
    > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >> This is a critical update.
    >>
    >> Alias

    OK......thanks. I will see how it goes with laying it on top.....I would
    rather not have to reinstall the extensions, etc.

    Thanks.....Heather

    > OK......thanks. I will see how it goes with laying it on top.....I would
    > rather not have to reinstall the extensions, etc.
    >
    > Thanks.....Heather

    I was getting kinda ticked-off, hearing about this update from everywhere
    else but Firefox. When I went to Tools|Options|Advanced|Software
    Update|Check Now, then the red update signal came on and Firefox said, yes,
    I had a critical update waiting to be installed. At that point I turned it
    loose and the download went well. One thing that always confuses me,
    however, is the caution that all running programs should be stopped prior to
    installation, which occurs when Firefox itself and several others are open.
    Fortunately, this update puts an icon on the desktop that remains when
    everything is closed.

    Did the update "take"? It sure did. Right on top of 1.0.3. No problem
    whatsoever. Now running with the latest version.

    Ken Bland

    Hi, Heather,

    It shouldn't be a problem to install over the previous version. I've
    seen numerous posts in various forums reporting that there were no
    issues. I've gotten into the habit of uninstalling and reinstalling
    only because this is typically the practice with the Mozilla Suite (the
    1.7.8 release was no different in this regard). It's not necessary to
    reinstall any extensions or themes if you choose to uninstall. The
    uninstall routine leaves them behind.

    HTH
    Tom

    P.S. I saw your message and will respond later today. I have to run out
    to take care of a few things. ;)

    Heather wrote:
    > OK......thanks. I will see how it goes with laying it on top.....I would
    > rather not have to reinstall the extensions, etc.
    >
    > Thanks.....Heather

    Hi Tom......

    Thanks for the answer. I laid it over top of version 1.03 and absolutely no
    problems so far. Didn't see anything but 1.04 in Add/Remove either.

    I joined up on the MozillaZine Forum and asked a couple of questions there.
    I would love to sort that tiny Bookmark bugbear out, but it is more a matter
    of aesthetics than anything else, grin. Oh...and thanks for the tip on the
    extensions, etc.

    I love Firefox now that you talked me into trying it, grin. No spyware, no
    popups, faster than IE and lots more little features that I like. Thanks
    for the push.

    Drop a line when you get time......should get into planning our trip to La
    Belle Province coz we leave in less than 4 weeks. I can taste the superb
    dinner at our favourite restaurant.....*Louis Hebert*.....which is right
    across the road from our hotel. Then there is a fabulous place for lunch in
    the Old City.....sigh!! We really need this holiday!!!!

    Cross your fingers.....the lottery tomorrow night is 25 million dollars!!
    One million would do me just fine, lol.

    Cheers....Heather
    "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, Heather,
    >
    > It shouldn't be a problem to install over the previous version. I've
    > seen numerous posts in various forums reporting that there were no
    > issues. I've gotten into the habit of uninstalling and reinstalling
    > only because this is typically the practice with the Mozilla Suite (the
    > 1.7.8 release was no different in this regard). It's not necessary to
    > reinstall any extensions or themes if you choose to uninstall. The
    > uninstall routine leaves them behind.
    >
    > HTH
    > Tom
    >
    > P.S. I saw your message and will respond later today. I have to run out
    > to take care of a few things. ;)
    >
    > Heather wrote:
    > > OK......thanks. I will see how it goes with laying it on top.....I
    would
    > > rather not have to reinstall the extensions, etc.
    > >
    > > Thanks.....Heather

    Quick question, if you don't mind:

    Check in Add/Remove Programs how many versions of Firefox you see there.

    Zee

    "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote
    >
    > > Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it over
    > > 1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a
    > > complete
    > > Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have *small*
    > > updates.
    > >
    > > I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    > > 1.03.....but some said delete it.
    > >
    > > UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off into
    > > whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04
    over
    > > top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!
    > >
    > > Heather
    > > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >> This is a critical update.
    > >>
    > >> Alias

    One version 1.04, in XP Pro. How many do you see? ;)

    MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
    ===============
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten
    ===============

    oops!! wrote:

    > Quick question, if you don't mind:
    >
    > Check in Add/Remove Programs how many versions of Firefox you see there.
    >
    > Zee
    >

    > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.
    >>
    >>Alias
    >>
    >>"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote
    >>

    >>>Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it over
    >>>1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a
    >>>complete
    >>>Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have *small*
    >>>updates.
    >>>
    >>>I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    >>>1.03.....but some said delete it.
    >>>
    >>>UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off into
    >>>whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04
    >
    > over
    >
    >>>top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!
    >>>
    >>>Heather
    >>>"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    Just version 1.04....

    Figgs

    "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > Quick question, if you don't mind:
    >
    > Check in Add/Remove Programs how many versions of Firefox you see there.
    >
    > Zee
    >

    > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > > I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.
    > >
    > > Alias
    > >
    > > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote
    > >
    > > > Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it
    over
    > > > 1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a
    > > > complete
    > > > Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have
    *small*
    > > > updates.
    > > >
    > > > I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    > > > 1.03.....but some said delete it.
    > > >
    > > > UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off
    into
    > > > whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04
    > over
    > > > top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!
    > > >
    > > > Heather
    > > > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    I always uninstall first.

    It's a known issue with Firefox in some systems. Updating on top may create
    multiple entries in Add/Remove Programs.

    Anyway, uninstall is quick and easy. Reinstall, ditto.

    And nothing is lost.

    Zee

    "MowGreen [MVP]" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
    > One version 1.04, in XP Pro. How many do you see? ;)
    >
    > MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
    > ===============
    > *-343-* FDNY
    > Never Forgotten
    > ===============
    >

    > oops!! wrote:
    >
    > > Quick question, if you don't mind:
    > >
    > > Check in Add/Remove Programs how many versions of Firefox you see there.
    > >
    > > Zee
    > >

    > > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.
    > >>
    > >>Alias
    > >>
    > >>"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote

    > > over

    IIRC the issue was fixed in 1.02.

    oops!! wrote:
    > I always uninstall first.
    >
    > It's a known issue with Firefox in some systems. Updating on top may create
    > multiple entries in Add/Remove Programs.
    >
    > Anyway, uninstall is quick and easy. Reinstall, ditto.
    >
    > And nothing is lost.
    >
    > Zee

    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html#issues

    Quoting first entry:
    Prior to installing Firefox 1.0.4, please ensure that the directory you've
    chosen to install into is clean and doesn't contain any previous Firefox
    installations.
    Unquote.

    Zee

    "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote
    >
    > > Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it over
    > > 1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a
    > > complete
    > > Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have *small*
    > > updates.
    > >
    > > I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    > > 1.03.....but some said delete it.
    > >
    > > UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off into
    > > whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04
    over
    > > top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!
    > >
    > > Heather
    > > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >> This is a critical update.
    > >>
    > >> Alias

    Just 1.0.4, although prior to the update, I had 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3.
    Hmmmm, I guess that isn't a problem anymore.

    Alias

    > I always uninstall first.
    >
    > It's a known issue with Firefox in some systems. Updating on top may
    > create
    > multiple entries in Add/Remove Programs.
    >
    > Anyway, uninstall is quick and easy. Reinstall, ditto.
    >
    > And nothing is lost.
    >
    > Zee
    >

    > "MowGreen [MVP]" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
    >> One version 1.04, in XP Pro. How many do you see? ;)
    >>
    >> MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
    >> ===============
    >> *-343-* FDNY
    >> Never Forgotten
    >> ===============
    >>

    >> oops!! wrote:
    >>
    >> > Quick question, if you don't mind:
    >> >
    >> > Check in Add/Remove Programs how many versions of Firefox you see
    >> > there.
    >> >
    >> > Zee
    >> >

    >> > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    > over
    > *small*

    >> > over

    That's strange; I had no problems and didn't uninstall anything.

    Alias

    "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote

    > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html#issues
    >
    > Quoting first entry:
    > Prior to installing Firefox 1.0.4, please ensure that the directory you've
    > chosen to install into is clean and doesn't contain any previous Firefox
    > installations.
    > Unquote.
    >
    > Zee
    >

    > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >> I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.
    >>
    >> Alias
    >>
    >> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote
    >>
    >> > Thanks, Alias.......now I have a question for you. Do I install it
    >> > over
    >> > 1.03 or remove 1.03 and put the new one in?? I ask because it is a
    >> > complete
    >> > Firefox install.....not an update. They don't ever seem to have
    >> > *small*
    >> > updates.
    >> >
    >> > I found the Forum for FF and most said install over the existing
    >> > 1.03.....but some said delete it.
    >> >
    >> > UPDATE.....I just checked the Forum and while we are wandering off into
    >> > whether to make up a Profile.....I think the consensus is to lay 1.04
    > over
    >> > top of 1.03. I do wish they gave more basic instructions!!
    >> >
    >> > Heather
    >> > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    Thanks.

    As posted, it seems it's sorted.

    Zee

    > Just 1.0.4, although prior to the update, I had 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3.
    > Hmmmm, I guess that isn't a problem anymore.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I always uninstall first.
    > >
    > > It's a known issue with Firefox in some systems. Updating on top may
    > > create
    > > multiple entries in Add/Remove Programs.
    > >
    > > Anyway, uninstall is quick and easy. Reinstall, ditto.
    > >
    > > And nothing is lost.
    > >
    > > Zee
    > >

    > > "MowGreen [MVP]" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
    > >> One version 1.04, in XP Pro. How many do you see? ;)
    > >>
    > >> MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
    > >> ===============
    > >> *-343-* FDNY
    > >> Never Forgotten
    > >> ===============

    > > over
    > > *small*

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I must agree.

    And considering the other posts on this topic, it shouldn't be a problem.

    Thanks again.

    Zee

    > That's strange; I had no problems and didn't uninstall anything.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote
    >
    > > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html#issues
    > >
    > > Quoting first entry:
    > > Prior to installing Firefox 1.0.4, please ensure that the directory
    you've
    > > chosen to install into is clean and doesn't contain any previous Firefox
    > > installations.
    > > Unquote.
    > >
    > > Zee
    > >

    > > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >> I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.
    > >>
    > >> Alias
    > >>
    > >> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote

    > > over

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Do you know if Mozilla can be installed over the top or do I have to
    uninstall 1.7.7 before installing 1.7.8?

    Alias

    "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote

    > I must agree.
    >
    > And considering the other posts on this topic, it shouldn't be a problem.
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Zee
    >

    > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >> That's strange; I had no problems and didn't uninstall anything.
    >>
    >> Alias
    >>
    >> "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote
    >>
    >> > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html#issues
    >> >
    >> > Quoting first entry:
    >> > Prior to installing Firefox 1.0.4, please ensure that the directory
    > you've
    >> > chosen to install into is clean and doesn't contain any previous
    >> > Firefox
    >> > installations.
    >> > Unquote.
    >> >
    >> > Zee
    >> >

    >> > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    > into
    >> > over

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    This is clear:

    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html#before-installing-mozilla

    Quote:

    If you have a previous version of Mozilla installed

    Before installing a new version of Mozilla, you should uninstall your previous version first. If you have a third-party extension installed, particularly the spell checker, you should also completely delete your Mozilla install directory before making a new install. Do not install over an old Mozilla version.

    Following the uninstall instructions in this document should not affect your profile data (unless your profile files are in a custom location).

    Unquote.

    But this whole topic is worth reading:

    Getting Started with Mozilla 1.7.8
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html#installation-troubleshooting

    Hope you find it interesting too.

    Cheers,

    Zee

    "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message news:ulruh75VFHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Do you know if Mozilla can be installed over the top or do I have to
    > uninstall 1.7.7 before installing 1.7.8?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote
    >

    > > I must agree.
    > >
    > > And considering the other posts on this topic, it shouldn't be a problem.
    > >
    > > Thanks again.
    > >
    > > Zee
    > >

    > > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >> That's strange; I had no problems and didn't uninstall anything.
    > >>
    > >> Alias
    > >>
    > >> "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote

    > > you've

    > > into

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Bookmark bugbear?

    What's that?

    Alias

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote

    > Hi Tom......
    >
    > Thanks for the answer. I laid it over top of version 1.03 and absolutely
    > no
    > problems so far. Didn't see anything but 1.04 in Add/Remove either.
    >
    > I joined up on the MozillaZine Forum and asked a couple of questions
    > there.
    > I would love to sort that tiny Bookmark bugbear out, but it is more a
    > matter
    > of aesthetics than anything else, grin. Oh...and thanks for the tip on
    > the
    > extensions, etc.
    >
    > I love Firefox now that you talked me into trying it, grin. No spyware,
    > no
    > popups, faster than IE and lots more little features that I like. Thanks
    > for the push.
    >
    > Drop a line when you get time......should get into planning our trip to La
    > Belle Province coz we leave in less than 4 weeks. I can taste the superb
    > dinner at our favourite restaurant.....*Louis Hebert*.....which is right
    > across the road from our hotel. Then there is a fabulous place for lunch
    > in
    > the Old City.....sigh!! We really need this holiday!!!!
    >
    > Cross your fingers.....the lottery tomorrow night is 25 million dollars!!
    > One million would do me just fine, lol.
    >
    > Cheers....Heather
    > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi, Heather,
    >>
    >> It shouldn't be a problem to install over the previous version. I've
    >> seen numerous posts in various forums reporting that there were no
    >> issues. I've gotten into the habit of uninstalling and reinstalling
    >> only because this is typically the practice with the Mozilla Suite (the
    >> 1.7.8 release was no different in this regard). It's not necessary to
    >> reinstall any extensions or themes if you choose to uninstall. The
    >> uninstall routine leaves them behind.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >> Tom
    >>
    >> P.S. I saw your message and will respond later today. I have to run out
    >> to take care of a few things. ;)
    >>
    >> Heather wrote:
    >> > OK......thanks. I will see how it goes with laying it on top.....I
    > would
    >> > rather not have to reinstall the extensions, etc.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.....Heather

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Thanks.

    Alias

    "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote i

    This is clear:

    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html#before-installing-mozilla

    Quote:

    If you have a previous version of Mozilla installed

    Before installing a new version of Mozilla, you should uninstall your
    previous version first. If you have a third-party extension installed,
    particularly the spell checker, you should also completely delete your
    Mozilla install directory before making a new install. Do not install over
    an old Mozilla version.

    Following the uninstall instructions in this document should not affect your
    profile data (unless your profile files are in a custom location).

    Unquote.

    But this whole topic is worth reading:

    Getting Started with Mozilla 1.7.8
    http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/guide/get-started.html#installation-troubleshooting

    Hope you find it interesting too.

    Cheers,

    Zee

    "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > Do you know if Mozilla can be installed over the top or do I have to
    > uninstall 1.7.7 before installing 1.7.8?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote
    >

    > > I must agree.
    > >
    > > And considering the other posts on this topic, it shouldn't be a
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > Thanks again.
    > >
    > > Zee
    > >

    > > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > >> That's strange; I had no problems and didn't uninstall anything.
    > >>
    > >> Alias
    > >>
    > >> "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote

    > > you've

    > > into

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Microsoft ng's down, so using my ISP's ones.

    The bookmark snafu is hard to explain.....but it irks me. The import from
    IE Favourites has a Master Folders....then it goes to my Favourites ones
    from IE. I had several yellow folders with many sites in each of them. I
    would prefer there not be a Master Import from IE folder.....just my usual
    ones. Happened with the install of 1.03. Nothing major......I am just
    picky in my old age, grin.

    Cheers, Paella Man......Heather

    > Bookmark bugbear?
    >
    > What's that?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote
    >
    > > Hi Tom......
    > >
    > > Thanks for the answer. I laid it over top of version 1.03 and
    absolutely
    > > no
    > > problems so far. Didn't see anything but 1.04 in Add/Remove either.
    > >
    > > I joined up on the MozillaZine Forum and asked a couple of questions
    > > there.
    > > I would love to sort that tiny Bookmark bugbear out, but it is more a
    > > matter
    > > of aesthetics than anything else, grin. Oh...and thanks for the tip on
    > > the
    > > extensions, etc.
    > >
    > > I love Firefox now that you talked me into trying it, grin. No spyware,
    > > no
    > > popups, faster than IE and lots more little features that I like.
    Thanks
    > > for the push.
    > >
    > > Drop a line when you get time......should get into planning our trip to
    La
    > > Belle Province coz we leave in less than 4 weeks. I can taste the
    superb
    > > dinner at our favourite restaurant.....*Louis Hebert*.....which is right
    > > across the road from our hotel. Then there is a fabulous place for
    lunch
    > > in
    > > the Old City.....sigh!! We really need this holiday!!!!
    > >
    > > Cross your fingers.....the lottery tomorrow night is 25 million
    dollars!!
    > > One million would do me just fine, lol.
    > >
    > > Cheers....Heather
    > > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > >> Hi, Heather,
    > >>
    > >> It shouldn't be a problem to install over the previous version. I've
    > >> seen numerous posts in various forums reporting that there were no
    > >> issues. I've gotten into the habit of uninstalling and reinstalling
    > >> only because this is typically the practice with the Mozilla Suite (the
    > >> 1.7.8 release was no different in this regard). It's not necessary to
    > >> reinstall any extensions or themes if you choose to uninstall. The
    > >> uninstall routine leaves them behind.
    > >>
    > >> HTH
    > >> Tom
    > >>
    > >> P.S. I saw your message and will respond later today. I have to run
    out
    > >> to take care of a few things. ;)

    > > would

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I got around that by backing up the bookmarks from IE to a floppy and then
    importing to Firefox from the floppy.

    Alias
    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote

    > Microsoft ng's down, so using my ISP's ones.
    >
    > The bookmark snafu is hard to explain.....but it irks me. The import from
    > IE Favourites has a Master Folders....then it goes to my Favourites ones
    > from IE. I had several yellow folders with many sites in each of them. I
    > would prefer there not be a Master Import from IE folder.....just my usual
    > ones. Happened with the install of 1.03. Nothing major......I am just
    > picky in my old age, grin.
    >
    > Cheers, Paella Man......Heather
    >
    > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >> Bookmark bugbear?
    >>
    >> What's that?
    >>
    >> Alias
    >>
    >> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote
    >>
    >> > Hi Tom......
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for the answer. I laid it over top of version 1.03 and
    > absolutely
    >> > no
    >> > problems so far. Didn't see anything but 1.04 in Add/Remove either.
    >> >
    >> > I joined up on the MozillaZine Forum and asked a couple of questions
    >> > there.
    >> > I would love to sort that tiny Bookmark bugbear out, but it is more a
    >> > matter
    >> > of aesthetics than anything else, grin. Oh...and thanks for the tip on
    >> > the
    >> > extensions, etc.
    >> >
    >> > I love Firefox now that you talked me into trying it, grin. No
    >> > spyware,
    >> > no
    >> > popups, faster than IE and lots more little features that I like.
    > Thanks
    >> > for the push.
    >> >
    >> > Drop a line when you get time......should get into planning our trip to
    > La
    >> > Belle Province coz we leave in less than 4 weeks. I can taste the
    > superb
    >> > dinner at our favourite restaurant.....*Louis Hebert*.....which is
    >> > right
    >> > across the road from our hotel. Then there is a fabulous place for
    > lunch
    >> > in
    >> > the Old City.....sigh!! We really need this holiday!!!!
    >> >
    >> > Cross your fingers.....the lottery tomorrow night is 25 million
    > dollars!!
    >> > One million would do me just fine, lol.
    >> >
    >> > Cheers....Heather
    >> > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message

    > out

    >> > would

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> in news:OkB9vNyVFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > I have done it over the previous version since 1.0.1 with no problems.

    both mozilla suite and FF. 1.0.1 and 1.7.3 was my first versoin(s)

    i've installed to new folder (after i renamed current folder) or direclty on top of current ver. in current folder

    both mozilla suite and FF seem to find the profiles ok. the last FF needed to have (some?) extensions reinstalled. but extensoin
    options remained.

Firefox Microsoft Windows