Upgrading network drivers

I am getting some Blue screen errors from the Nids.vxd.

The typical solution I am given is to "upgrade my drivers".

Right now I am using the generic Windows Me NIC drivers
and I am trying to upgrade it. I have Ndis.vxd ver 4.90.3000
and a unknown version of vmm32.vxd (ntkern.vxd).

Where do I go to find a upgraded NIC drivers? I can't
find any automaticaly using the update wizard in the device
manager. I thought ftp.microsoft.com was the microsoft
file server where I could find stuff like this unfortunately the
server is not working anymore.

Stone Cold Dan Habiki wrote:
> I am getting some Blue screen errors from the Nids.vxd.
>
> The typical solution I am given is to "upgrade my drivers".
>
> Right now I am using the generic Windows Me NIC drivers
> and I am trying to upgrade it. I have Ndis.vxd ver 4.90.3000
> and a unknown version of vmm32.vxd (ntkern.vxd).
>
> Where do I go to find a upgraded NIC drivers? I can't
> find any automaticaly using the update wizard in the device
> manager. I thought ftp.microsoft.com was the microsoft
> file server where I could find stuff like this unfortunately the
> server is not working anymore.

how about the NIC manufacturer's website ? In the meantime uninstalling
and reinstalling needed network components might help with the bluescreen.

Rick

TRENDING THREADS