Mouse Doesn't Work in Safe Mode

Is the mouse USB or PS/2? If USB this behaviour is to be expected as no
usb drivers are loaded in Safe Mode. To enable the use of a usb mouse in
Safe Mode you need to enable usb legacy support in the motherboard bios.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Someone <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I think the subject says it all. Can't move the cursor in
> safe mode.

Someone

I got to the bios with the delete key on boot-up, but how do I get to the
usb legacy support? I can't find anything regarding that. I'd rather do it
this way then use a PS/2 port.
> Is the mouse USB or PS/2? If USB this behaviour is to be expected as no
> usb drivers are loaded in Safe Mode. To enable the use of a usb mouse in
> Safe Mode you need to enable usb legacy support in the motherboard bios.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Someone <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the subject says it all. Can't move the cursor in
> > safe mode.

Probably an USB mouse?

You need an USB-PS2 plug or a PS2 mouse.

Zee

"Someone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I think the subject says it all. Can't move the cursor in
> safe mode.

Not all motherboards seem to have a USB legacy setting. If you can't find
it or is hidden (some PC manufacturers hide most of the bios settings from
users) then you will have to use a usb to PS2 adapter and connect the
mouse to a PS2 port when in Safe Mode.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com