What do you suggest?

Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using CWShredder,
Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.

I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not sure what
it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.

--
cogito ergo sum

KB

He** yea, I'd recommend it. I use it, as well as the
prior version. It adds bad sites to your restricted list
and keeps you safe.

Beyond SpywareBlaster, I use SpywareGuard for real time
protection. Then again, I use IE Spyad for the trifecta.

Ok, I got carried away.

Bottom line: SpywareBlaster V3.4 is good stuff. Keep it
updated and you'll be safer by far.

Good luck.

KB

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:B3FCF0E0-9D13-42D2-A608-41BE3C4CE1B8@microsoft.com,
PAT (Paul) <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using
> CWShredder, Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
>
> I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not
> sure what it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.

You should be fine with just safe hex, AdAware, and Spybot S&D. You could
probably use AVG added to that and maybe A² for trojan protection though AVG
should cover that too.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:B3FCF0E0-9D13-42D2-A608-41BE3C4CE1B8@microsoft.com,
PAT (Paul) <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using
> CWShredder, Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
>
> I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not
> sure what it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.

Actually, I take that back... You probably don't manually edit your hosts
file (safe hex) so yeah SpywareBlaster would be a good idea. Ignore my other
response now that I think about it unless you manually edit your hosts file
and make good use of the security zones in IE.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

If you care to have mine, Paul:
I have all the things you mention, plus Spywareblaster.
And that's because of this panels recommendations.
Plus my own positive experience, that it interweaves with Spybot and adds to
your overall protection.

Harry.

"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using CWShredder,
> Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
>
> I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not sure
what
> it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.
>
> --
> cogito ergo sum

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I have used it for a long time....it is a very valuable tool. It doesn't do
anything that you would notice, but it prevents a ton of spyware from
downloading onto your computer. It also protects Firefox, which is the only
browser I use now......other than for IE updates.

Cheers......Heather

"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using CWShredder,
> Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
>
> I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not sure
what
> it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.
>
> --
> cogito ergo sum

I recommend it too.... KB - I noticed you mentioned SpywareGuard, I have this
installed too and it works great, but you don't see it mentioned much in
these forums!!!

Canna

"KB" wrote:

> He** yea, I'd recommend it. I use it, as well as the
> prior version. It adds bad sites to your restricted list
> and keeps you safe.
>
> Beyond SpywareBlaster, I use SpywareGuard for real time
> protection. Then again, I use IE Spyad for the trifecta.
>
> Ok, I got carried away.
>
> Bottom line: SpywareBlaster V3.4 is good stuff. Keep it
> updated and you'll be safer by far.
>
> Good luck.
>
> KB

Tks to all of you for quick response. After DL I found things very slow and
bizarre hapenings. Didnt know, so I de-installed it with Systeme Restore and
all ok now.
Will try to get more info and retry it, since all of you guys use it and
seens happy with it. Tks again.'
Paul
--
cogito ergo sum

"canna" wrote:

> I recommend it too.... KB - I noticed you mentioned SpywareGuard, I have this
> installed too and it works great, but you don't see it mentioned much in
> these forums!!!
>
> Canna
>

> "KB" wrote:
>
> > He** yea, I'd recommend it. I use it, as well as the
> > prior version. It adds bad sites to your restricted list
> > and keeps you safe.
> >
> > Beyond SpywareBlaster, I use SpywareGuard for real time
> > protection. Then again, I use IE Spyad for the trifecta.
> >
> > Ok, I got carried away.
> >
> > Bottom line: SpywareBlaster V3.4 is good stuff. Keep it
> > updated and you'll be safer by far.
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > KB

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

In reference to Spyware Blaster ....

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> I have used it for a long time....it is a very valuable tool. It
> doesn't do anything that you would notice, but it prevents a ton of
> spyware from downloading onto your computer. It also protects
> Firefox, which is the only browser I use now......other than for IE
> updates.
>
> Cheers......Heather

While I agree that Spyware Blaster is a very valuable tool, and I
wouldn't surf without its protection either, please note the following.

SpywareBlaster will NOT prevent malware from getting onto your host. It
only prevents the control from being registered in the registry (so its
path is known if the program that calls it doesn't know where to look to
use it directly). SpywareBlaster adds a registry key by the class ID name
of the malware control. It then sets a killbit in the value for that
class ID. If and when the malware control shows up, its install WILL
proceed (so you still end up with the files) but cannot register its
control. The installed program (and others) cannot call that control if
they use the registry to find it (but that doesn't prevent a program from
accessing it directly wherever the file for the control was saved on your
drive).

SpywareBlaster does not prevent the download, installation, or existence
of malware on your drive. It tries to prevent its registration and
execution.

--
Adam and Eve - the worlds happiest couple ever.
Neither had a mother-in-law.

Shane

> SpywareBlaster does not prevent the download, installation, or existence
> of malware on your drive. It tries to prevent its registration and
> execution.

It does add sites to Restricted Zone. If you delete all such entries, then
load SB, you'll find a no. of protections now disabled (likewise with Spybot
S&D's Immunize).

Shane

Hello,

> Tks to all of you for quick response. After DL I found things very slow
> and
> bizarre hapenings. Didnt know, so I de-installed it with Systeme Restore
> and
> all ok now.
> Will try to get more info and retry it, since all of you guys use it and
> seens happy with it. Tks again.'
> Paul
> --

How fast CPU and how much memory does your PC have?

Roman

Shouldn't matter with Spyware Blaster......it merely sets 'kill bits' in the
Reg and uses no cpu cycles once installed.
Heirloom, old and is it still a Third World if it is
your first time there?