What do you suggest?

Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using CWShredder,
Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.

I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not sure what
it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.

--
cogito ergo sum
11 answers Last reply

    He** yea, I'd recommend it. I use it, as well as the
    prior version. It adds bad sites to your restricted list
    and keeps you safe.

    Beyond SpywareBlaster, I use SpywareGuard for real time
    protection. Then again, I use IE Spyad for the trifecta.

    Ok, I got carried away.

    Bottom line: SpywareBlaster V3.4 is good stuff. Keep it
    updated and you'll be safer by far.

    Good luck.

    KB

    In news:B3FCF0E0-9D13-42D2-A608-41BE3C4CE1B8@microsoft.com,
    PAT (Paul) <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using
    > CWShredder, Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
    >
    > I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not
    > sure what it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.

    You should be fine with just safe hex, AdAware, and Spybot S&D. You could
    probably use AVG added to that and maybe A² for trojan protection though AVG
    should cover that too.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    In news:B3FCF0E0-9D13-42D2-A608-41BE3C4CE1B8@microsoft.com,
    PAT (Paul) <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using
    > CWShredder, Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
    >
    > I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not
    > sure what it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.

    Actually, I take that back... You probably don't manually edit your hosts
    file (safe hex) so yeah SpywareBlaster would be a good idea. Ignore my other
    response now that I think about it unless you manually edit your hosts file
    and make good use of the security zones in IE.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    If you care to have mine, Paul:
    I have all the things you mention, plus Spywareblaster.
    And that's because of this panels recommendations.
    Plus my own positive experience, that it interweaves with Spybot and adds to
    your overall protection.

    Harry.

    "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using CWShredder,
    > Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
    >
    > I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not sure
    what
    > it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.
    >
    > --
    > cogito ergo sum

    I have used it for a long time....it is a very valuable tool. It doesn't do
    anything that you would notice, but it prevents a ton of spyware from
    downloading onto your computer. It also protects Firefox, which is the only
    browser I use now......other than for IE updates.

    Cheers......Heather

    "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Would you recommend SpywareBlaster V3.4??? I'm already using CWShredder,
    > Ad-Aware Se, Spybot S&D, Stinger, HiJackThis.
    >
    > I downloaded SpywareBlaster and find there are no explanation, not sure
    what
    > it does and more. Your input appreciated pls.
    >
    > --
    > cogito ergo sum

    I recommend it too.... KB - I noticed you mentioned SpywareGuard, I have this
    installed too and it works great, but you don't see it mentioned much in
    these forums!!!

    Canna

    "KB" wrote:

    > He** yea, I'd recommend it. I use it, as well as the
    > prior version. It adds bad sites to your restricted list
    > and keeps you safe.
    >
    > Beyond SpywareBlaster, I use SpywareGuard for real time
    > protection. Then again, I use IE Spyad for the trifecta.
    >
    > Ok, I got carried away.
    >
    > Bottom line: SpywareBlaster V3.4 is good stuff. Keep it
    > updated and you'll be safer by far.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > KB

    Tks to all of you for quick response. After DL I found things very slow and
    bizarre hapenings. Didnt know, so I de-installed it with Systeme Restore and
    all ok now.
    Will try to get more info and retry it, since all of you guys use it and
    seens happy with it. Tks again.'
    Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "canna" wrote:

    > I recommend it too.... KB - I noticed you mentioned SpywareGuard, I have this
    > installed too and it works great, but you don't see it mentioned much in
    > these forums!!!
    >
    > Canna
    >

    > "KB" wrote:
    >
    > > He** yea, I'd recommend it. I use it, as well as the
    > > prior version. It adds bad sites to your restricted list
    > > and keeps you safe.
    > >
    > > Beyond SpywareBlaster, I use SpywareGuard for real time
    > > protection. Then again, I use IE Spyad for the trifecta.
    > >
    > > Ok, I got carried away.
    > >
    > > Bottom line: SpywareBlaster V3.4 is good stuff. Keep it
    > > updated and you'll be safer by far.
    > >
    > > Good luck.
    > >
    > > KB

    In reference to Spyware Blaster ....

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in

    > I have used it for a long time....it is a very valuable tool. It
    > doesn't do anything that you would notice, but it prevents a ton of
    > spyware from downloading onto your computer. It also protects
    > Firefox, which is the only browser I use now......other than for IE
    > updates.
    >
    > Cheers......Heather

    While I agree that Spyware Blaster is a very valuable tool, and I
    wouldn't surf without its protection either, please note the following.

    SpywareBlaster will NOT prevent malware from getting onto your host. It
    only prevents the control from being registered in the registry (so its
    path is known if the program that calls it doesn't know where to look to
    use it directly). SpywareBlaster adds a registry key by the class ID name
    of the malware control. It then sets a killbit in the value for that
    class ID. If and when the malware control shows up, its install WILL
    proceed (so you still end up with the files) but cannot register its
    control. The installed program (and others) cannot call that control if
    they use the registry to find it (but that doesn't prevent a program from
    accessing it directly wherever the file for the control was saved on your
    drive).

    SpywareBlaster does not prevent the download, installation, or existence
    of malware on your drive. It tries to prevent its registration and
    execution.

    --
    Adam and Eve - the worlds happiest couple ever.
    Neither had a mother-in-law.

    > SpywareBlaster does not prevent the download, installation, or existence
    > of malware on your drive. It tries to prevent its registration and
    > execution.

    It does add sites to Restricted Zone. If you delete all such entries, then
    load SB, you'll find a no. of protections now disabled (likewise with Spybot
    S&D's Immunize).

    Shane

    Hello,

    > Tks to all of you for quick response. After DL I found things very slow
    > and
    > bizarre hapenings. Didnt know, so I de-installed it with Systeme Restore
    > and
    > all ok now.
    > Will try to get more info and retry it, since all of you guys use it and
    > seens happy with it. Tks again.'
    > Paul
    > --

    How fast CPU and how much memory does your PC have?

    Roman

    Shouldn't matter with Spyware Blaster......it merely sets 'kill bits' in the
    Reg and uses no cpu cycles once installed.
    Heirloom, old and is it still a Third World if it is
    your first time there?

    "roman modic" <modicr@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Tks to all of you for quick response. After DL I found things very
    slow
    > > and
    > > bizarre hapenings. Didnt know, so I de-installed it with Systeme
    Restore
    > > and
    > > all ok now.
    > > Will try to get more info and retry it, since all of you guys use it and
    > > seens happy with it. Tks again.'
    > > Paul
    > > --
    >
    > How fast CPU and how much memory does your PC have?
    >
    > Roman

Hijackthis Microsoft Windows