Kernel 32 error message....what the ?

If anyone can help, I have been receving a "lenu has caused a kernel32.dll
error....please restart computer..." error.

What is "lenu?" I have searched around and could not find anything.

When I boot the computer, I first get Scan Disk that never shuts down unless
I hit cancel, then I get that error message. After clicking O.K, I barely
get into the desktop because I want to backup the my documents folder so I
can reformat my HD, but after a few seconds I get another kernel error and
the computer locks up completely. I then can't even Ctrl-alt-del! Arrghh!
Doesn anyone know what the heck could be going on? Any help would be
appreciated!
Larry B
4 answers Last reply
More about kernel error message what

    Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to recover your documents?

    > What is "lenu?" I have searched around and could not find anything.

    Could it be ienu with an upper case letter i=I and not a lower case L=l ??

    Try searching for the file in Real Mode DOS.

    Have you run your AV to see if anything shows up?

    Mart

    "jdiedforu" <jdiedforu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If anyone can help, I have been receving a "lenu has caused a kernel32.dll
    > error....please restart computer..." error.
    >
    > What is "lenu?" I have searched around and could not find anything.
    >
    > When I boot the computer, I first get Scan Disk that never shuts down
    > unless
    > I hit cancel, then I get that error message. After clicking O.K, I barely
    > get into the desktop because I want to backup the my documents folder so I
    > can reformat my HD, but after a few seconds I get another kernel error and
    > the computer locks up completely. I then can't even Ctrl-alt-del!
    > Arrghh!
    > Doesn anyone know what the heck could be going on? Any help would be
    > appreciated!
    > Larry B

    I can't even seem to get into safe mode. I'll keep trying b/c I really want
    to save some photos and docs. The 'lenu' is with an "L" not an I. Cant'
    seem to figure out what that is.
    Lbailey

    "Mart" wrote:

    > Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to recover your documents?
    >
    > > What is "lenu?" I have searched around and could not find anything.
    >
    > Could it be ienu with an upper case letter i=I and not a lower case L=l ??
    >
    > Try searching for the file in Real Mode DOS.
    >
    > Have you run your AV to see if anything shows up?
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "jdiedforu" <jdiedforu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > If anyone can help, I have been receving a "lenu has caused a kernel32.dll
    > > error....please restart computer..." error.
    > >
    > > What is "lenu?" I have searched around and could not find anything.
    > >
    > > When I boot the computer, I first get Scan Disk that never shuts down
    > > unless
    > > I hit cancel, then I get that error message. After clicking O.K, I barely
    > > get into the desktop because I want to backup the my documents folder so I
    > > can reformat my HD, but after a few seconds I get another kernel error and
    > > the computer locks up completely. I then can't even Ctrl-alt-del!
    > > Arrghh!
    > > Doesn anyone know what the heck could be going on? Any help would be
    > > appreciated!
    > > Larry B

    jdiedforu <jdiedforu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I can't even seem to get into safe mode. I'll keep trying b/c I really want
    >to save some photos and docs. The 'lenu' is with an "L" not an I. Cant'
    >seem to figure out what that is.
    >Lbailey

    Next time the error happens press Alt+D to bring up the detailed error
    message which has more explicit information about the error.

    Copy the first part of the error message, up to the word "Registers:"
    and post that information back here.

    Also press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Close Programs dialog box
    and see if there is anything named lenu that is running.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    > I'll keep trying b/c I really want
    > to save some photos and docs.

    If you are really stuck, you might consider fitting a new HDD and when
    setup, re-connect the existing one as a second drive. You would then be able
    to access the drive to recover your photos and docs before reformatting your
    old drive.

    >I can't even seem to get into safe mode. I'll keep trying b/c I really
    >want
    > to save some photos and docs. The 'lenu' is with an "L" not an I. Cant'
    > seem to figure out what that is.
    > Lbailey
    >
    > "Mart" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to recover your documents?
    >>
    >> > What is "lenu?" I have searched around and could not find anything.
    >>
    >> Could it be ienu with an upper case letter i=I and not a lower case L=l
    >> ??
    >>
    >> Try searching for the file in Real Mode DOS.
    >>
    >> Have you run your AV to see if anything shows up?
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "jdiedforu" <jdiedforu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > If anyone can help, I have been receving a "lenu has caused a
    >> > kernel32.dll
    >> > error....please restart computer..." error.
    >> >
    >> > What is "lenu?" I have searched around and could not find anything.
    >> >
    >> > When I boot the computer, I first get Scan Disk that never shuts down
    >> > unless
    >> > I hit cancel, then I get that error message. After clicking O.K, I
    >> > barely
    >> > get into the desktop because I want to backup the my documents folder
    >> > so I
    >> > can reformat my HD, but after a few seconds I get another kernel error
    >> > and
    >> > the computer locks up completely. I then can't even Ctrl-alt-del!
    >> > Arrghh!
    >> > Doesn anyone know what the heck could be going on? Any help would be
    >> > appreciated!
    >> > Larry B

Computers Error Message Windows