Can't download updates

A computer that I cleaned up, after it was virus-infected, seems to have all
programs working now, except that none of the instant messenger programs
will connect, and updates for AVG, Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware won't work.
For some reason Norton will do its updates.

The computer was originally Windows 98 second edition - upgraded to XP. I
tried reinstalling XP, but that didn't help.

I don't know if its an XP problem or not, but that's the o/s its using now.

Bobbie

Look in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc for a file name hosts (no extension,
just plain hosts). If you see one, delete it.

--
Walter Clayton - MS MVP(WinXP)
Associate Expert